PDA

View Full Version : How can I change NAT?

PAQQ94
09-17-2016, 03:42 PM
Hello. I have problem with strict NAT and i cant find any game. how can i change it? I wanna play!

DeathofCaine
09-18-2016, 04:34 AM
Depends on what you're playing on. A quick google search for how to change nat and your system will give you a step by step guide on how to do it.

PAQQ94
09-18-2016, 02:43 PM
I just found in google one option to reset router but it doesnt help

DeathofCaine
09-18-2016, 04:10 PM
I'm guessing that means you are on PC?

It's gonna take some actual setting changes in your router - it's not as simple as just resetting it. You might have to forward some ports. It could also be a firewall setting, and worse case scenario is your ISP is causing the issue.

FredEx919
09-18-2016, 04:20 PM
There are a few troubleshooting threads over in the Closed Alpha forums. Make sure you take a look at those. There should be one for each platform. Link below.

Closed Alpha Technical Support Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1336-Technical-Support)

SyntheticDuck
09-18-2016, 11:38 PM
There are a few troubleshooting threads over in the Closed Alpha forums. Make sure you take a look at those. There should be one for each platform. Link below.

Closed Alpha Technical Support Forums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1336-Technical-Support)

It's your game. Many users can't get it working.

DeathofCaine
09-19-2016, 01:27 AM
It's your game. Many users can't get it working.

Perhaps a better understanding of how NAT actually works. You need to resolve your outgoing/ingoing traffic via your own hardware. It's like a security setting in your router/console and/or firewall. You have to set it to allow peer to peer connections. This is where port forwarding comes in. The port will sort those peer connections through this games ports.

The reason you believe it is a game issue is because some games use dedicated servers, and some don't. When they don't, you will need to correct your NAT settings.

If you follow the instructions provided in the tech forum - you should be able to resolve the issue.