PDA

View Full Version : is it bcos of 9500 pro??

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Hi,
I think I have a buff system.
============================
intel 2.4c
Abit is7-E mobo
512 mb Kigston hyper X 3000 ram
ati 9500 pro

Even if I try and OC the 2.4 to like say 2.9 there is still this drop in FPS no matter what. The game is never smooth. Previously I thought it was because prince goes faster when goin down the stairs and when climbing he goes slower..so I thought of it to be my imagination or something like that. But the motion slows down a bit (FPS gets lowered) near the save point, sand cluds, partlicle systems on the floor.

Why isnt the game running smoothly???

XyZspineZyX
12-12-2003, 05:43 PM
Hi,
I think I have a buff system.
============================
intel 2.4c
Abit is7-E mobo
512 mb Kigston hyper X 3000 ram
ati 9500 pro

Even if I try and OC the 2.4 to like say 2.9 there is still this drop in FPS no matter what. The game is never smooth. Previously I thought it was because prince goes faster when goin down the stairs and when climbing he goes slower..so I thought of it to be my imagination or something like that. But the motion slows down a bit (FPS gets lowered) near the save point, sand cluds, partlicle systems on the floor.

Why isnt the game running smoothly???

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 11:10 AM
is that a real 9500pro? or is it a modded 9500?

what resolution are you running the game at? you might want to lower it, the 9500pro is a very good card, it outperforms 9600pro and 5600Ultra and it costs much less...

what kind of RAm do you have? is it SD or DDR or Rambus... if the RAM is SD, I'm positive it is bottle necking your performance.

------------------------

Opinions are like butt holes, we all have one and we all think everyone else's stinks!

XyZspineZyX
12-13-2003, 07:22 PM
sry..

I do use DDR.

And it really doesnt matter what resolution I run it at.