PDA

View Full Version : Can a peacekeeper be a dude?

RowdyPandaJOEL
09-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Hey, so I heard some classes might be gender locked, and I'm not some kind of "I hate women" dude, but, if given the chance, (unless the only option is to be a girl) I like my characters to look as much like me as possible. Along with this, the peacekeeper happens to be the only class with an arming sword, which is my favorite medieval weapon. I'd play the orochi for a single sword, but I don't watch anime, either. Plus my fighting style when I have melee is a single arming sword and maybe an off hand utility, like a buckler, (never another full sized sword, the idea seems ridiculous to me) and the peacekeeper has a parrying dagger which is awesome.

TL;DR I'm not sexist but if I can I wanna be a dude. Can I?

T_Sesh
09-16-2016, 09:11 PM
The Peace Keeper is female only unfortunately. Why they decided to make 6 of the 12 classes gender locked is unknown as yet I think, but so far there has been very little difference between the male and female fighters beyond stature and lack of beards. The women characters tend to be a little thinner than the male counter parts, but you can barely tell they are female otherwise, as every character has masks/helmets.

BeautifulShell
09-16-2016, 09:13 PM
The Peace Keeper is female only unfortunately. Why they decided to make 6 of the 12 classes gender locked is unknown as yet I think, but so far there has been very little difference between the male and female fighters beyond stature and lack of beards. The women characters tend to be a little thinner than the male counter parts, but you can barely tell they are female otherwise, as every character has masks/helmets.

I believe you but can you point me in the direction of that information?

T_Sesh
09-16-2016, 09:18 PM
It has been stated that the characters in the alpha are the only 6 that can have different genders, I believe that was confirmed in the alpha reveal stream on twitch, but also in a GameSpot article before that it was mentioned that certain classes would be locked. Given that the peace keeper is seen as female in the class reveal trailer, one can guess that the class will be gender locked.

dceuxp
09-17-2016, 02:48 AM
It has been stated that the characters in the alpha are the only 6 that can have different genders, I believe that was confirmed in the alpha reveal stream on twitch, but also in a GameSpot article before that it was mentioned that certain classes would be locked. Given that the peace keeper is seen as female in the class reveal trailer, one can guess that the class will be gender locked.

damn, i was so hoping i would be able too play a fat, sassy, black lady.

but on a more serious note, i dont mind gender locked classes, or the oppisite. i cant say i would like a mis of the two. i feel that might push people away from do to a loss of customization/personalisation.

Blue Palmetto
09-17-2016, 10:56 PM
As a person clamoring for this kind of change the other way around, this sounds frustrating.