PDA

View Full Version : why are people saying characters are OP? Game is based off of skill!

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 06:51 AM
I do not believe any of the class are to op, each one has a weakness. just have to be able to think do I go in or do I block/parry then attack. I really believe the alpha is going great so far and so far no problems at all besides team members doing damage to you. people also have to remember that the characters have abilities that you can use in a fight which help a great deal.

Ramhead101
09-16-2016, 07:11 AM
I agree.

I also find that often times the AI (Player vs AI) tends to be more difficult than most PVP scenarios. The combat system is very unique and takes a little getting used to, but it's fun all around.

DerHerbman
09-16-2016, 09:31 AM
Some classes are harder to fight with! So people chose a more complex class and get destroyed, so they think some classes are op. Had this effect when I changed from Warden to Berserker. At first berserker seems way unerpowerd because of less health, but once you understand that he is much quicker you can win easily.

Pallbearer7
09-16-2016, 04:41 PM
Everything that seems OP always has a counter you can work on and perfect. But the one thing I can't understand is the Orochi counter attack. The light version always hits you as long as the Orochi's block timing is good. You can't guard it and can't dodge it, to avoid throwing out attacks you could guard break them, but then they can counter the guard break as well. In that case, does anybody know the counter to the Orochi's counter attack? If you can't dodge, block, or otherwise prevent it if the player is good, what do you do?

That's the only OP thing I've found. The Berserker's counter is fine because it's a guard break that you can block the next attack of if you're fast enough.

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 05:42 PM
Everything that seems OP always has a counter you can work on and perfect. But the one thing I can't understand is the Orochi counter attack. The light version always hits you as long as the Orochi's block timing is good. You can't guard it and can't dodge it, to avoid throwing out attacks you could guard break them, but then they can counter the guard break as well. In that case, does anybody know the counter to the Orochi's counter attack? If you can't dodge, block, or otherwise prevent it if the player is good, what do you do?

That's the only OP thing I've found. The Berserker's counter is fine because it's a guard break that you can block the next attack of if you're fast enough.

if correct Orochi counter attack is a unblock/roll able attack. the best way of fighting him is a two on one or you break his guard hit and again. he was made to counter so try letting him attack first. I just break his guard and then its over for him, i use berserker the most so to me he is kind easy unlike conqueror.

RbdPanda
09-16-2016, 06:07 PM
Raider to me seems a little OP. A hit that can not only gb but stun in the middle of a combo, and then a follow up unblockable that deals more than half my health in damage? Gross

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 06:50 PM
Raider to me seems a little OP. A hit that can not only gb but stun in the middle of a combo, and then a follow up unblockable that deals more than half my health in damage? Gross

yeah he is gross or his moves are but just try to roll a lot when fighting him try to make him use the stun, because without that stun you should have a easy time with him. Really have to watch out for his stampede charge, now that is gross to be able to throw into trap so fast and easy. I would try to fight two people at once by a trap and my friend would run in and throw one into a trap.

RbdPanda
09-16-2016, 07:01 PM
yeah he is gross or his moves are but just try to roll a lot when fighting him try to make him use the stun, because without that stun you should have a easy time with him. Really have to watch out for his stampede charge, now that is gross to be able to throw into trap so fast and easy. I would try to fight two people at once by a trap and my friend would run in and throw one into a trap.

I fought 3 people yesterday and lived only because I managed to shove one into a trap right at the start of the fight

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 07:39 PM
Got to say playing with out a team sucks so bad, always getting kill by the 3 people and your teammate is just looking at you. Game is great with a team of friends so easy to win and set up team fights to destroy the enemy team but sucks that you can get destroyed with out a team. Having a team makes for more fair fights then 1 vs 4 each equals death or one kill by luck.

HitMan00
09-16-2016, 08:10 PM
@ Holy - you do need another person to run along with you, but it's possible to defeat 1 vs. 2. i did it last night on two bots. One was the viking raider and the other was the kinght conqueror.. My warrior was the orochi. alot of blocking and doging comes in handy. i play the turtle way

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 08:39 PM
@ Holy - you do need another person to run along with you, but it's possible to defeat 1 vs. 2. i did it last night on two bots. One was the viking raider and the other was the kinght conqueror.. My warrior was the orochi. alot of blocking and doging comes in handy. i play the turtle way

I agree you can win a 1 vs 2 I have couple times but when you are playing player vs player and its a 1 vs 3 its hard or even a 1 vs 2 if the players understand how to play. O yeah my team we always have a 2 people running together it easy to 2 vs 4 or 2 vs 3 if you have team work. Orochi is great for unfair fights love his counter moves! feat help so much in team fights to don't really see people using them.

Altair_Snake
09-16-2016, 09:07 PM
^ And apparently the asassin's are bad against ganks. You should be able to play even better with a vanguard or heavy.

xHolyGodSlayerx
09-16-2016, 10:01 PM
^ And apparently the asassin's are bad against ganks. You should be able to play even better with a vanguard or heavy.

yeah I am always dying because of someone gank me when I'm in a 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 and team fight but I cant say much because I do the same thing to other people. I do play better with the vanguard class but I love the assassin move sets and damage output to much.