PDA

View Full Version : Steam Controller Support?

nibiria
09-15-2016, 10:29 PM
Is there a way to setup steam controller support for this game? I saw a thread saying it was a work in progress from 2 months ago. The blocking controls without a controller are almost painfully clunky, and I can't seem to get Steam to give me an overlay on uPlay so that I can make my own config. Thanks!

Pallbearer7
09-16-2016, 04:44 PM
I've been using a steam controller. For me I added Uplay.exe as a non-steam game and named it For Honor. Then I launch Uplay through steam and the app comes up. At that point I cannot use the controller or change configs from an overlay. I have to use my mouse to launch For Honor, and then at THAT point the overlay attaches itself to For Honor and I can configure and use the controller normally. Works every time for me

nibiria
09-16-2016, 11:42 PM
I've been using a steam controller. For me I added Uplay.exe as a non-steam game and named it For Honor. Then I launch Uplay through steam and the app comes up. At that point I cannot use the controller or change configs from an overlay. I have to use my mouse to launch For Honor, and then at THAT point the overlay attaches itself to For Honor and I can configure and use the controller normally. Works every time for me

Would you mind sharing your config? Do you use Big Picture mode? Thanks!

Pallbearer7
09-17-2016, 08:37 AM
Would you mind sharing your config? Do you use Big Picture mode? Thanks!

Yeah, I'd share my config (:

I use big picture overlay, yeah, I never use it to launch the game though. How do I send my config? Never done that before.

It's mapped fully to controller, no M&KB, though I suspect this game allows you to use both simultaneously, so mouse for aiming could work, I haven't felt the need to try yet. I use the right grip for guard break, left grip for dodging and rolling. The right touchpad click causes you to feint. I didn't relocate the camera centering right stick click anywhere, I just dropped it. Everything else is just like the default Xbox controller, but I made the left touchpad/dpad to not require click, and for the right touchpad I have it set to joystick mouse for the camera, in-game sensitivity a little higher than default. I then slapped a modifier on left trigger soft pull that switches from mouse-like joystick to joystick move, I believe. It's set up so you only need to tap left, right, or up in order to change guard, instead of swiping. With mouse-like joy it would require a swipe to change guard directions, joystick move mode is only on when you're holding left trigger, in guard mode. Has worked like a charm for me so far. But be wary of your finger pressure on the pad, you may accidentally click it and feint if you get caught up. Move that or remove it if you like.

If you can tell me how to send the config I will def do it.