PDA

View Full Version : Spam to kill players

UnalloyedCargo
09-15-2016, 08:50 PM
I really thought Ubisoft would of tried to eliminate players that just spam the same move over and over again to win. Was enjoying the closed alpha, until I ran into 3-4 of these guys in a row, now I can't play the alpha anymore because I simply don't enjoy it. If anything needs to be fixed in my opinion, it's this.

xRossDx
09-15-2016, 08:56 PM
Nothing's wrong with the combat system, if someone's spamming the same move over and over again you can easily counter it. He's predictable.

AAGoldsmith
09-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Unless that person is an Orochi....Then you just have to accept defeat.

Pallbearer7
09-15-2016, 09:27 PM

But you can tell which direction they're attacking from, why not just parry him and get free hits in? Free hits on an Orochi are probably a ton of his health each time.

Echo_Magnus
09-15-2016, 11:06 PM
I did watch a video where this guy ran around the compound spamming the same move over and over again, and there was no one able to stop him. He got some 5 or 6 in a row. Did not change or even try to change his attack.

This has become a concern of mine that speed character + spam will always equal victory.

Vakris_One
09-16-2016, 02:19 AM
The answer to spamming is to predict the attack that they will use, since they're spamming it, and then your options are:
Block it + grab
Parry it
Dodge + attack/grab

Or not :)

Grabbing is your friend. Also it's good to remember that the Orochi telegraphs most of its quick attacks as side attacks. Its up attacks are slow enough to be blocked or dodged.

I did watch a video where this guy ran around the compound spamming the same move over and over again, and there was no one able to stop him. He got some 5 or 6 in a row. Did not change or even try to change his attack.

This has become a concern of mine that speed character + spam will always equal victory.
Only for those that allow the speedy spammer to rattle them. Maintain focus and more often than not you can put a stop to his blitzkrieg tactic and either kill him or force him to slow down and engage you in a more focused manner.

Harkonis
09-16-2016, 02:34 AM
It's just like most fighting games, people who just spam buttons will beat people who don't know how to play easily. People who know how to play will beat people who spam buttons consistently. It's really not that hard to beat someone who doesn't mix it up.

Barzah
09-16-2016, 04:12 AM
Each class has their own moveset signature, making them somewhat easy to read if they try to spam attack on you.

Also, most of the time i successfully jam my axe to everyone who spam their longest chain over and over...straight to their face :D