PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible to play 4vs4 with bots?

topeira1980
09-15-2016, 06:10 PM
I asked this in the alpha section but i guess this might fit here more:

Can I play against bots in the 4vs4 modes of the game, like dominion or deathmatch?
Or play co-op with a friend against all AI team for example?

iEroberer
09-15-2016, 07:10 PM
I asked this in the alpha section but i guess this might fit here more:

Can I play against bots in the 4vs4 modes of the game, like dominion or deathmatch?
Or play co-op with a friend against all AI team for example?

Dont know about friends (it should be) but yes you can play player vs ai on dominion for example.

topeira1980
09-15-2016, 08:08 PM
Dont know about friends (it should be) but yes you can play player vs ai on dominion for example.

have you played the alpha? can you manually chose how many AIs in a match, or fill each of the 8 slots (well, 7, because one of them is the host player) with AIs one by one?
how does this work in the menu?

Also, can you pick the AIs difficulty? they look pretty good but i guess after a little while they might become too easy to be fun for an advanced player.

Cerenovog
09-17-2016, 03:35 PM
I just got into the alpha myself and would love to know if this is possible. My internet is usually not so great so I'd love to be able to just enjoy the main game mode by myself (well, with both teams filled with bots). As far as I've seen so far, other than the practice game there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Does anyone know if perhaps I'm missing something? I assume what I want would be a Private Dominion game (like a Private Duel) but I'm not seeing an option for that.

A friend of mine who's also in the Alpha mentioned that I could just start a matchmaking game and wait for everyone to leave, which would replace them with bots (...lol) but that seems pretty rude of me to start a game knowing my internet is bad just so they'll leave and I can play as I want to. Plus I'm not even sure if it would work that way.

Anyone know if it's possible to just launch a Dominion game already full of bots?