PDA

View Full Version : [Uplay] Disconnection for inactivity interrupt downloads

ChrisPredator97
09-15-2016, 11:43 AM
Using Uplay, if you don't use the appplication for a determinate amount of time Uplay disconnects you from the server. This can be a very useful thing but there's a problem: if you are downloading something the download will be interrupted and so you can't donload anything if you don't use continuously Uplay. That problem is annoying because if I leave home and I leave Uplay downloading a game when I come back home the download will not be finished but interrrupted. This is very annoying specially if you don't have a very fast connection and for downloading a game you use 7h or more!

Shaelegh
02-14-2017, 06:00 PM
I was disconnected while downloading For Honnor and I can't afford to be 12h in front of my computer (i download at 700ko/s).
Steam don't disconnect people while downloading or whenever and it work just fine so why disconnect people in the first place ?
It's really infuriating to be disconnected like that for installing a 32.8Go game while we work for getting the money you want us to give you ...
Please do something for that.

Clemza93
03-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Well yeah that is just stupid ...

CanadianQuebec
01-27-2018, 03:36 AM
I know this is a relatively old post, but, today, I got myself forced to disconnect while I was (also) downloading For Honor.
Though I can't say if this is 100% accurate, but I think, to avoid getting disconnected, you have to set your profile to "Away".
(Click on your profile's icon on the upper right and set it to the yellow option which is Away).

This seems to stop you from getting forced to disconnect due to inactivity from UPlay.
(Also, the last time I downloaded a game on Uplay (Siege), I was already set to Away and it didn't DCed me during the night. which is what gave me an hint.)
There might be some reason to this, but, at least, I haven't been DCed for inactivity for a couple of hour now.

MechanoidRaptor
06-13-2018, 08:59 AM
This is still happening two years later? do they not read the forums or are they just that inept at managing their own services (which honestly explains uplay entirely) that they cant recognise when people are actively downloading things?

Faxmachinen
08-27-2018, 02:09 AM
I had heard Uplay was a steaming pile of crap, but it still managed to surprise me. You could have slapped a Ubisoft logo on chromium and it would be a better download manager than this. Well done.