PDA

View Full Version : How I change air and ground intensity?

01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I read somewhere a couple of versions ago that you could change some text in a config file, to increase the amount of non mission specific aircraft and vehicles 9in the campaign.

However I don't know where to find this config file. Also some files when you go to open them ask for the program to open them with, I can remeber stuffing a game up by doing this years ago.

Please help

01-29-2004, 09:21 PM
I read somewhere a couple of versions ago that you could change some text in a config file, to increase the amount of non mission specific aircraft and vehicles 9in the campaign.

However I don't know where to find this config file. Also some files when you go to open them ask for the program to open them with, I can remeber stuffing a game up by doing this years ago.

Please help

fluke39
01-30-2004, 03:21 AM
The file your looking for is conf.ini - located in C/program files/ubi sopt/forgotton battles or something - the root folder. which bit there is to change will be obvious when you open it ( i use a vb program to open it but notepad works and you could Dload IL2 Manager from checksix or somewhere) - as far as i am aware these methods don't mess the game up - and have defintelty not messed mine up - At worst the conf.ini file icon wqill change from a "preogram file" type icon to a notepad icon which doesn't effect anything.

although i would take a copy of the .ini file before you edit it in case you accidently delete something.