PDA

View Full Version : My musings on humans, evolution and the Isu

Elder-Kalakta
09-13-2016, 02:08 AM
Hello everybody, I hope you are all doing well.

I have been a long time lurker on these forums but now I have finally decided to officially join the Assassin's Creed fandom and discuss my obsession.

I'm a huge Isu enthusiast due to my utter love for paleontology and prehistoric hominids, so naturally the story of the Precursors really intrigued me. It's my favourite part about this franchise aside from the Modern Day. I do love the historic side as well, but my main interest is the prehistoric side.

Anyway, here's some of my ramblings about the Isu and other hominids. I have a lot to say, so apologies in advance for the wall of text.

I've always been curious about how different evolution had turned out in this franchise. In real life, anatomically modern humans evolved 200,000 years ago, but Thomas Kavanagh's letters seem to hint that humanity was created 80,000 years ago if I recall correctly.

So, perhaps it was not Homo sapiens sapiens that evolved 200,000 years ago, but Homo sapiens divinus? Abstergo merely covered this up by twisting the truth and saying "we" evolved 200,000 years ago.

I suspected Homo divinus evolved from Homo heidelbergensis or other descendants of Homo erectus. But after a discussion with a close friend and fellow Isu lover, he suggested that the Isu may have evolved from an entirely different line of Hominins that we don't know about, which is a good point considering the fact that evolution still has a lot of hidden truths that we've yet to uncover. Perhaps these Proto-Isu naturally had larger brains due to discovering cooking much earlier than other hominids, and also the consumption of meat provided their brains with plenty of protein for extreme encephalization. The consequence of encephalization lead to their big brains (30% bigger than ours), which may have lead to complications while giving birth. Human infants are born intentionally undeveloped for an easier birth and still, there are women who unfortunately cannot cope and lose their lives to the process. Thankfully our technology has progressed to help a lot with this issue.

With the Isu, I think that the larger heads of the babies caused high mortality rates for the females (when their race was young and uncivilized) which could've explained their low populations (maybe when they achieved technology, they either did it through C-section, or avoided the mess of birth entirely? I don't know about the second point because Juno does say she was "born"). My friend suggested that maybe, after the Toba Catastrophe, the true final blow to the Isu was not the apocalypse, but their inability to reproduce or adapt to the new environments quickly due to mothers being unable to cope with birthing their young in such harsh conditions (and with most of their technology and medical facilities gone, they weren't in a very good position to reverse these damages. Most humans today would struggle to cope in the wild, so imagine how a hyper-civilized species like the Isu who lived a centuries long lifespan in total luxury would do...)

My friend has a fan theory of a third gender for the Isu, inspired by some mythologies about deities who have characteristics of both genders. Perhaps this third gender evolved as a way to help the species cope before they developed technology. For instance, in the unforgiving wilderness, males may have fought wars and died, while some females would've died during birth. So this third gender would be able to not only help reproduce when males weren't around, but also feed the young if the mothers died. He called this third gender "Hijra" and imagined them to be an incredibly rare type of Isu. After Toba, with their populations heavily diminished, they weren't able to thrive as their ancestors did even with the third gender. Have you guys heard about Hermaphroditus? The child of Hermes and Aphrodite? He could be an example of this third gender as he had the characteristics of both primary genders.

When H. divinus achieved civilization and reached their cultural peak around 80,000 years ago, I theorize that they captured several Heidelbergensis or Erectus specimens to modify into us and Neanderthals. It makes sense because those hominins are very similar to us as well, Heidelbergensis already had a very human sized brain while Erectus had a smaller one, but it still wouldn't take much effort to sculpture them into your image as opposed to modifying an ape into a man (as the AC Truth puzzle hinted.)

Many hominids co-existed with the Isu 80,000 years ago to 75,000 years ago, among them being Homo erectus which was the longest ever existing hominid, having evolved 2 million years ago and co-existed with (and outlived) H. habilis (the first ever animal in the "Homo" genus, it was so primitive that scientists still debate whether it's an Australopithecus rather than Homo.)

Another hominid that lived during the Isu era was Homo floresiensis, known as "The Hobbit" due to its short stature. We used to think they died out 12,000 years ago, but recent studies actually hint that they died out 60,000 years ago... I think the Isu may have created the Hobbits for the same reason we bred Chihuahuas. While humans laboured in Isu factories, Neanderthals fought in Isu wars, Hobbits probably did house chores and cleaned dishes in Isu homes like the House Elves in Harry Potter.

I also suspect that the Isu had much smaller cities, when you look at Eden and that city at the ending of Revelations, you see a very contained city as opposed to our huge and widespread ones. Notice the lack of vehicles in the Revelations ending? I think that they used vehicles to go from city to city (for they may have been small and far between, spread across vast distances) while in the confines of a city, they'd simply walk from place to place because walking's healthy for you!)

They may have domesticated a wide variety of animals such as elephants (who themselves are incredibly intelligent animals), camelids (we already saw an example), a variety of wild cattle also for transport. It is unlikely that they had horses due to horses coming into this world much later and mainly thanks to our interference, my friend taught me this because horses were much smaller in ancient times and only became larger once we domesticated and selectively bred them. The novel for Revelations also hints this actually, stating that the descendants of humans came riding on strange new beasts, hinting those were horses! Also Isu probably didn't have dogs either, I doubt they even had cats because our ancestors domesticated dogs and cats to help out with vermin problems and many other things. Isu probably lacked these problems due to their much more advanced tech, only relying on big beasts of burden (which from their point of view, includes us...) to get from place to place or maintain what was already built.

My friend had an excellent analogy on how the Isu saw us. Think of the way we see an octopus. He told me about an octopus that learned how to unlock its cage by observing the humans doing it. This octopus then proceeded to crawl towards the next cage, break in, eat the fish, crawl back out and into its own cage... closing the door as it did so to cover its tracks.

Here's another example of octopus intelligence - http://ultrafactsblog.com/post/147068152631/source-x-click-here-for-more-facts

Brilliant huh? And yet humans still see octopi as lower lifeforms...

I suspect they saw us the same. We're intelligent animals to them, but nothing special. I bet if we were to go to space, they'd still deny us the dignity. Heck, we can terraform Mars while we're at it...

"Those humans strap themselves onto unstable machines that could explode at any moment if only to reach what is unreachable, in a fool's errand to make it their home. They build devices to bring air to a planet that lacks oxygen, these same devices can fail at the slightest error and doom the civilization that sprouted from their works. Foolish humans should've stuck to the world they came from. This further proves their dire need for our guidance! They seek that which lacks wisdom and only wastes resources!"

Yeah... that line of thinking wiped you fellows out when the sun decided to fart, so shaddup! :p

Speaking of space, I asked my friend why the Isu didn't seem to go to space. He said to me that they simply lacked the cultural pressure to do so. Think about it, they had no problem with overpopulation, the Earth had an abundance in resources, there was most likely zero pollution, and after the War of Unification, there were no competing powers so no "Space Race" like we had in our history. They were basically a Type-1 Civilization on the Kardashev Scale, which is planetary level. We are currently a Type-0, yay us!

The only reason we even have the International Space Station is all thanks to America and Russia going "HA! I got to space first!", "Oh yeah? Well I got to the moon first, so beat THAT!", "Oh really? While you were busy saying that, I've just sent off a probe to Venus!", "That's it, I'm sending one to Mars!", "Hey, guys... why don't we just band together and build a massive space station while we're at it?"

Ah... bless us... :D

So I think a solution involving space would've been too dangerous for a species that had almost no experience with it. The best they probably have done was send space probes to explore the solar system, since they could launch Apples of Eden skywards, and that also proves their inexperience with space! They did not foresee the fact that their Apples' beacons would be too weak to influence human minds on Earth. So for them to build big Ark like orbiters filled with people would be way too risky.

They could've focused on building bunkers for more people, but if they focused too much on that and it were to go wrong... they'd have too little time for other solutions. We already know they built some, again thanks to the Revelations novel mentioning people coming out of underground Temples they hid in.

I wonder about their castes, was it something an Isu was born into? Or was it something more biological?

For instance, were the Illuminat Caste composed of Isu who were naturally brilliant? They were scientists, philosophers, leaders.

Maybe their warrior caste were naturally stronger than other Isu. We saw that painting Minerva shows Ezio of one facing human rebels, he looks huge compared to us. Also John Standish's memory sample of them, there's commentary stating they stand 20 inches taller than "the other humanoids" (not sure if "humanoids" means us or other Isu.) The warrior caste likely served as guards during peace times, or as my friend suggested, could take upon other duties but were expected to be combat ready at all times in case strife were to strike.

There could've been an artist caste, who naturally had excellent eye for detail and could memorize visual things to photographic detail. Think of the Isu as Savants, incredibly talented but perhaps not as expressive as humans (no need when your Eagle Sense tells you the mood of those around you. So no need to smile when you feel good and everyone senses it.)

They perhaps had other castes such as one dedicated to healing (Shrouds only heal the most lethal wounds, so if you cut yourself or have some cavities, you'd likely be seeing an Isu doctor or dentist for that.)

A farmer caste for the beasts they owned as well as growing food. I suspect they farmed in vertical farms (tall skyscrapers filled with vegetation that is very effective and could provide food for plenty of people. A concept art of the Revelations city seems to show some skyscrapers with lots and lots of greens on them already.) Maybe some still farmed on plots of land.

And last but not least, the civilian caste, they had no specific dedication and could do other civilization running tasks. Their main purpose was most likely to vote on important matters or give suggestions to higher castes and do ordinary day to day things. The Isu at the end of Revelations were most likely these guys.

The Caste system was more of a society thing and non-religious. My friend theorizes that they may have bred religion into us to make us revere them and thus be more obedient. Caste hopping may be possible. Also I doubt they had "Peasants" or "Untouchables", even the lowest Caste was respected for the important roles they played in their society. Their marriage to one another was probably a habit they kept from their historic times of forging alliances with other Isu factions via marriage.

There may have even been a Servant Caste before they created humanity.

I wonder what language they spoke, it's unlikely to have been any ancient language we've deciphered so far. It's probably unspeakable, not due to the complexity (human slaves must've spoke Isu afterall...) but due to just how ancient it is that it has no connections to modern languages. We've partially learned some words from old examples such as Proto-Indo European, but it's unlikely to sound anything like Isu. The Voynich Manuscript or Book of Abraham (one of them) is said to be written in an incomprehensible language (Isu) by human hands. It's incomprehensible for a reason as it sounds like nothing which linguists have so far figured out.

Their names too, technically "Minerva/Menrva/Merva/Mera/Athena", "Juno/Uni/Hera", "Jupiter/Tinia/Zeus" etc are human given names from more recent languages we've deciphered. Their actual names may be totally different. The only Isu we can say for certain whose name we know are "Consus" (also called "Prometheus" by humanity), and "Hephaestus" because Consus mentions him. These two Isu lived before humanity's creation and thus weren't subject to our usual name butchery of them.

For all we know, Adam and Eve may not even be the actual names of the hybrids either. Consider the myth of Pandora. Both Eve and Pandora are "first women" who are blamed for all the world's wrongs. What if Pandora was just another name for Eve/Eva/Ḥawwāh/Chavah? (Fun fact, Pandora originally opened a jar, not a box. I learned this from my friend. Jar of Eden confirmed!)

One last thing, I suspect that the Isu didn't progress very quickly technologically. Being a very long lived species, they were long-term thinkers with literally all the time in the world. They were elves basically. Us humans progress fast due to our short lifespans and "wanting to experience as much while we can." Living long meant that they were too comfortable with what they had, which lead to a slower progress. This is why they were probably similar 80,000 years ago as they were 75,000 years ago. Speaking of those dates, Black Bart says the Observatory was built over 80,000 years ago... and we know Aita built it, and we know he died 75,000 years ago. That's a truly long life right there.

That's another reason their population was low, a people who have lifespans spanning centuries to millennia would be wise to keep their numbers low. According to TV Tropes, Juno was 111 years old when she shed her body into a digital form (born in 2195, "died" in 2306 assuming she didn't enter the Grey earlier). It appears as if Isu had no issues (no pun intended) with large age gaps when you compare Juno's age to Aita's, unless they measured years differently which I doubt because their calendars must've been similar in taking seasons into consideration etc.

They probably had a calendar much more akin to the Mayan calendar that resets whenever time measuring becomes too complicated (so they don't bother with Leap Years etc.) Isu must've used a more accurate calendar than any man made ones.

Also, our own quick reproductions and short lifespans ensured them with a constant and also steady supply of slaves. Think of the Replicants from Blade Runner, built in the image of humans, but have a 6 year lifespan to keep them young and ignorant. Compare that 6 year lifespan to our decades (sometimes over a century) spanning lifespans. Now consider our own to an Isu. We're just Mayflies to them.

Anyway, that's all I could think of to add to my first thread for now. I hope it conjures up an interesting discussion among fellow fans. Thank you for reading and I hope you liked it and perhaps even learned some new things. :)

Twinfryes
09-13-2016, 02:27 AM
Hello, It's me, the friend you mentioned!

The only Isu we can say for certain whose name we know are "Consus" (also called "Prometheus" by humanity), and "Hephaestus" because Consus mentions him. These two Isu lived before humanity's creation and thus weren't subject to our usual name butchery of them.

Even in the case of those two, Consus uses Human names; Hephaestus was the Greek name for the Blacksmith God, and Consus was a Roman Harvest God. Within the Shroud, Consus saw civilization progress; it's likely he saw these changes taking place, and altered the names he used to fit human trends!

Elder-Kalakta
09-13-2016, 02:37 AM
Hello, It's me, the friend you mentioned!

Even in the case of those two, Consus uses Human names; Hephaestus was the Greek name for the Blacksmith God, and Consus was a Roman Harvest God. Within the Shroud, Consus saw civilization progress; it's likely he saw these changes taking place, and altered the names he used to fit human trends!

Welcome to the forum! :D

That's a good point, maybe Consus adapted his truth so to make it easier for us to comprehend him.

cawatrooper9
09-14-2016, 05:40 PM
Welcome to the forums! Really interesting stuff you've got there, I find this stuff fascinating as well.

I have to wonder if Ubisoft has put nearly as much thought into TWCB as you have. For instance, you mention Homo floresiensis- an interesting dichotomy with the imposing Isu, but one I wonder if Ubisoft has even considered! Anyway, I can only hope they decide to take this detailed of an approach to MD and Isu lore as you have.

One note- I don't think Consus and Hephaestus are the only two Isu names we know. There's also Aita.

Then, we know Juno refers to "Jupiter" and "Minerva" as Tinia and Merva, respectively- so we can assume those may be their Isu names as well. Also, I believe we know that Juno's Isu name is Uni.

Elder-Kalakta
09-14-2016, 08:58 PM
Thank you very much for the kind words, cawatrooper9! I appreciate your insight on the topic and hope this thread may inspire some writers at Ubisoft regarding TWCB. It's nice to meet another kindred spirit who shares my fascination! :D

I was excited when one of the files in the recent games mentioned other hominids such as Homo antecessor, Homo erectus, Neanderthals, Denisovans and so on. It shows that Ubi is beginning to acknowledge some of these other hominids. Dr. Grammatica in the file comments that "some" of these hominids may owe their existence to TWCB, which hints that the others are naturally co-evolved with TWCB and one of these could perhaps be the "pre-existing" species that eventually became us.

Oh yeah, I forgot about Aita! My friend has said that these are names given to them from more recent languages (as Isu pre-date any of our oldest languages that we've deciphered), but perhaps, some of these Isu names we heard (like Aita) are probably their genuine names which were adopted by the civilizations who heard them while others are just given nicknames (like Prometheus for Consus.) Maybe the reason Greeks knew about Hephaestus was likely because a certain talking blanket told them about apprenticing for him when he was once flesh. :p

Also Minerva does refer to Jupiter as Tinia as well. Do you know where Juno called her Merva? (I know in the Revelations book, Jupiter referred to her as "Menrva").

Another thing I forgot to mention in my original post, notice how the Isu tend to inhabit hot places like Africa? While discussing this with my friend, he told me that the Earth was much cooler 75,000 years ago due to Ice Ages happening. So hotter places would've been significantly cooler compared to now. It is fascinating to imagine the Earth back then! My favourite animals (Smilodon) existed during those times.

We do have one example of them inhabiting America, and that's the city which was in what will eventually become New York. The reason it's not covered in ice and snow is likely due to localized climate control.

cawatrooper9
09-14-2016, 10:04 PM
Also Minerva does refer to Jupiter as Tinia as well. Do you know where Juno called her Merva? (I know in the Revelations book, Jupiter referred to her as "Menrva").

Taken from the AC wiki entry for Jupiter (so, you know, take it with a grain of salt): http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Jupiter

Tinia was one part of the Capitoline Triad who ruled over the Etruscan gods. The triad consisted of Tinia (Jupiter), Uni (Juno) and Merva/Mera (Minerva).

Elder-Kalakta
09-15-2016, 03:45 AM
Ah yes, I remember reading that bit on the wiki. You are right, some things do seem incorrect, like when the wiki says the Isu created the Homo genus when they are in fact in the Homo genus... unless they all sprouted from Tinia's magnificent beard, then i don't see how they created themselves. :D

Sorrosyss
09-15-2016, 12:56 PM
Oooh, what a lovely thread. Welcome to the forum, to you and your friend. All Isuologists are great. ;)

That's a great analysis of the First Civilization. They remain my most beloved part of the franchise, namely as they evoke a romantic mystique of a time that's been lost to us. Anyone who has watched Ancient Aliens has probably seen some of the interesting evidence that's out there for a high tech past to humanity, so it's fun to view the Isu as that real world entity. :)

Anyhoo, I've not much to add to your musings, just a couple of points you touched on;

The great beasts that's referred to I believe are camels. You can even see them in the scrambled image from Unity's Intel, so we know the Isu did employ their use.

You make a great point about the caste system. When you look at Juno, she is visibly different to the other Isu we've seen. Her appearance, the pale white skin, the glowing yellow eyes, are very reminiscent of vampires in popular culture. You could also summise that the Illuminat caste may have been some kind of precursor to Albinism. Albino humans have a very similar appearance after all, so perhaps some element of that was put into human genes. (I think Albinos are very beautiful for the record, but I know it's considered a condition so I won't go into that any further). Speaking of differing bodies, we also had Durga in the Brahmin comic, and she has multiple arms - so it's entirely possible that the Isu had some very different appearances across its civilization.

The spacefaring question has always been an interesting one. Leaving the planet was never one of their solutions to the solar flare, so one has to summise they could not do it. We know they had rockets though, given the twelve apples they fired into orbit - one of which even ended up on the moon. There was that hidden bit of dialogue from Aita about going out into space, but I'm still not sure if he was being serious or not.

The points you make about Africa being a different temperament is likely true as well, given that the poles shift quite a bit. They've found palm trees in Antarctica, so there's definitely been some moving around. Tanzania would have been a fair bit cooler, so it makes sense for Eden being there.

As for the names, I think a lot of it does refer to one and the same. Juno herself refers to herself as Juno many times. Perhaps they just entertain the Roman god names for a bit of fun, or the Greek gods, and Indian gods etc, are just other derivatives of the same person. I guess we'll find out more at some point.

I'm not sure if you are interested in the comics and books, but I'd recommend picking up the Titan Comics as they are covering Consus in that. The Last Descendants novel is also covering the Trident of Eden, so the Isu story is ever continuing. ;)

cawatrooper9
09-15-2016, 02:34 PM
In the original post there is mention of a lack of pollution on behalf of the Isu. I think this may be true, and it's interesting to consider it as a convenient plot device for Ubisoft- after all, if our climate studies are correct, we should have been able to chart a massive spike in industrial pollution hundreds of thousands of years ago, right?

As far as Isu tech goes, our knowledge is basically centered around the POEs. But honestly, how much do we really know about the POEs? We know what some of them do, and we know a few of their purposes. But what powers them? What, apparently non-industrial power created them? Maybe some multimedia project or buried data file has these answers, but I don't know of anything.

This is important because I believe it's proof that the industry of the Isu, as advanced as they were, is not comparable to modern day. Sure, they had amazing artifacts in the POEs that allowed them to build and thrive in an almost utopian society long before we thought homo sapiens could even form sedentary villages, but their technology was limited to what the POEs could do- and if there was not one that allowed interstellar travel, then that simply was not an option.

The only issue with this theory that I can see is that Juno mentioned that they had attempted to send up an Apple into orbit to control the mind of the world in a scenario straight out of The Secret.
I don't remember for certain if they ever succeeded in actually getting the Apple into orbit, but the fact that this was even possibly an option suggests that they thought themselves capable of doing it. So, I'm not sure how they would have launched an object into orbit.

Of course, even the ability to launch something into orbit does not imply interstellar travel. We as a society have that ability now, but if there were some apolayptic disaster, anyone attempting to flee the planet would not last long as we have not discovered and earth-like planets that we could reasonably inhabit yet, nor do we have the means to reach them in a timely fashion.

Now, one final thought- what if everything I've written so far is 100% incorrect, and the Isu were capable of interstellar travel- but it was a relatively new technology, and they didn't have the means to evacuate the entire planet. But some might have had the ability to leave- the rich, for example- and forge ahead to a new world. Perhaps there is an entire planet of Isu out there, with their own mythologies and history about the planet that they left behind.

Twinfryes
09-15-2016, 05:23 PM
You make a great point about the caste system. When you look at Juno, she is visibly different to the other Isu we've seen. Her appearance, the pale white skin, the glowing yellow eyes, are very reminiscent of vampires in popular culture. You could also summise that the Illuminat caste may have been some kind of precursor to Albinism. Albino humans have a very similar appearance after all, so perhaps some element of that was put into human genes. (I think Albinos are very beautiful for the record, but I know it's considered a condition so I won't go into that any further). Speaking of differing bodies, we also had Durga in the Brahmin comic, and she has multiple arms - so it's entirely possible that the Isu had some very different appearances across its civilization.

There weren't predecessors to Albinism, since it's caused by a single recessive gene (or, rather, one of two genes, since there are two kinds of albinism; Ocular, and the more well known kind that makes one's skin, hair and eyes all pale), and doesn't come in degrees; the albinism gene prevents any melanin production, if one has the full gene, while if one only has one allele, they will show no signs of albinism.

Juno has dark hair, and Yellow eyes, which wouldn't be possible without melanin. On top of that, her veins are not visible through her skin, which seems to have a vaguely bluish tint; I suspect this would be caused by some kind of non-melanin white-pigment.

As for Durga's additional arms, Elder-Kalkata and I discussed that previously; It takes a VERY long time to evolve more limbs. If the Isu had evolved extra arms, not only would their entire species have four arms, so would every other hominid, and possibly every mammal, or even every land vertebrate! So, the only thing that would explain some member of the Isu having multiple sets of arms would be artificial means. Perhaps Durga was genetically modified, a "Designer Baby" of sorts, or perhaps the extra limbs, and the chest muscles which she would need to control them were implanted later.

Elder-Kalakta
09-15-2016, 06:40 PM
Oooh, what a lovely thread. Welcome to the forum, to you and your friend. All Isuologists are great. ;)

That's a great analysis of the First Civilization. They remain my most beloved part of the franchise, namely as they evoke a romantic mystique of a time that's been lost to us. Anyone who has watched Ancient Aliens has probably seen some of the interesting evidence that's out there for a high tech past to humanity, so it's fun to view the Isu as that real world entity. :)

Anyhoo, I've not much to add to your musings, just a couple of points you touched on;

The great beasts that's referred to I believe are camels. You can even see them in the scrambled image from Unity's Intel, so we know the Isu did employ their use.

The spacefaring question has always been an interesting one. Leaving the planet was never one of their solutions to the solar flare, so one has to summise they could not do it. We know they had rockets though, given the twelve apples they fired into orbit - one of which even ended up on the moon. There was that hidden bit of dialogue from Aita about going out into space, but I'm still not sure if he was being serious or not.

The points you make about Africa being a different temperament is likely true as well, given that the poles shift quite a bit. They've found palm trees in Antarctica, so there's definitely been some moving around. Tanzania would have been a fair bit cooler, so it makes sense for Eden being there.

As for the names, I think a lot of it does refer to one and the same. Juno herself refers to herself as Juno many times. Perhaps they just entertain the Roman god names for a bit of fun, or the Greek gods, and Indian gods etc, are just other derivatives of the same person. I guess we'll find out more at some point.

I'm not sure if you are interested in the comics and books, but I'd recommend picking up the Titan Comics as they are covering Consus in that. The Last Descendants novel is also covering the Trident of Eden, so the Isu story is ever continuing. ;)

Hi, Sorrosyss, I'm a huge fan of your threads because they always tend to explore the lore and the Isu! :D Thanks for the kind welcomes!

I agree, I love the First Civilization the most in this franchise, they're the reason I'm a huge fan. Ever since I heard of "Those Who Came Before" from Vidic in the first game, I've been intrigued ever since. I originally thought they were aliens until the later games came out and showed them more human, and began hinting they evolved before us. I am a big fan of aliens as well as hominids, so it didn't change my love for them one bit. I love the idea of Ancient Aliens visiting us, my favourite scene in Alien vs Predator was the flashback set thousands of years ago that shows the alien Predators arriving to Earth and teaching humans how to build pyramids and civilization in exchange for human sacrifices to breed the Ultimate Prey for their ritualistic rite of passage hunts.

I appreciate your points! I have pointed out camels in my example because I saw that image too, fascinating stuff. I did speculate with my friend on other animals they may have owned, he suggested elephants, wild cattle such as yaks. The thing is, most of these animals wouldn't have been as "polite" as horses. For instance, camels go at their own pace, you can't just tell them to run like with a horse. (I still remember that thread you started with Juno on a camel! :p)

Great analogy with vampires... Isu do live a long life just like vampires as well! I made an Elf comparison as well. (The arrogant Lord of the Rings or Warhammer 40k Eldar type elf.. .especially Eldar now that I think about it. Eldar were willing to sacrifice billions of human lives by diverting an Ork WAAAGH away from one of their Craft Worlds, saving a few hundred Eldar lives... and who else was willing to sacrifice billions of human lives just to keep 'one' certain Beloved Isu locked away?)

I am not sure about them being precursors to albinism though as Tinia and Minerva do appear significantly less paler than Juno. Perhaps even Aita does too if that hologram is in fact him and not a human body he's possessed in AC 3. However, the main three do have golden eyes as you've pointed out, which reminds me of a discussion I had with my friend about how Isu had a lot of genetic diversity which allowed for many strange features like yellow eyes and Durga's purple skin (but that may be a hologram effect.) Also he is right, Durga's extra arms may be a sort of "Designer Baby" result from her parents. Or, like how humans do plastic surgery, the Isu could decide to modify their bodies and add extra limbs to themselves medically.

I do have that theory that the golden eyes may be the Eagle Sense activated, like if Altair activates it, his eyes turn golden. But I don't know if that's the case though. My friend suggested that the reason we see blue when using the diluted Sixth Sense, is because our ocular region of the brain takes over. Whereas the Isu must've had a specific area of the brain dedicated just to that Sense, like a special Wisdom Gland or something just to power the Sense. We speculated that the Isu Eagle Sense evolved from a predatory lifestyle before they became civilized, this allowed them to track and hunt easier as well as avoid more dangerous predators. Their Sixth Sense is similar to the Predator's mask visions (especially the infrared vision), plus the Assassins utilize it so well in their hunts for Templars while the Isu have re purposed it into knowledge. It's literally a heightened awareness of their surroundings.

Is it just me, or does that woman with the baby in Revelations have grey/silver eyes? I know a lot of things appear grey in that scene, but in certain parts, colours show up, such as when the flames are approaching her towards the end, you see her cape is a sort of beautiful blue with golden patterns. But her eyes still appear grey. (I don't know why, but I always imagined her as belonging to some Artist Caste, designing statues and sculptures etc, I bet she made her own cape with those nice patterns on it... yeah, I like to headcanon a lot XD)

They certainly had the ability to send things into space (have you heard of the Martian Cubes? Might be Isu probes sent to Mars!) But I doubt they had ways to build rockets. I always assumed they could and deep down criticized them for not doing it, until my friend pointed out that they likely lacked the cultural pressure to go to space. it's dangerous and there's no point really when your planet is young, healthy and richly filled with resources. Space is so staggeringly huge that it's mind bogging. If a species had trouble with a solar flare, then it is highly unlikely they had mastery over the cosmos. To an interstellar Type-2 civilization, a solar flare is literally just another Tsunami, evacuate everyone to the nearest planet and wait it out! But the Isu were a planetary Type-1 most likely so they lacked the means to do it.

Now that you mention Antarctica, that's one place where a Predator pyramid was found in AvP because it was once a hot place (they like hot environments). It's amazing how much climates change in thousands of years.

I think they are really cool with names, so long as it's consistent and nothing vulgar or offensive. Maybe they find the names we give them amusing. Like the Daedra in the Elder Scrolls who find the names Mortals give them very amusing sometimes.

And I am very interested in the comics, I am waiting for them to finish before I start collecting them. I am excited for Charlotte's next interaction with Consus! And I am planning on getting the novel too, the Trident is very intriguing.

In the original post there is mention of a lack of pollution on behalf of the Isu. I think this may be true, and it's interesting to consider it as a convenient plot device for Ubisoft- after all, if our climate studies are correct, we should have been able to chart a massive spike in industrial pollution hundreds of thousands of years ago, right?

As far as Isu tech goes, our knowledge is basically centered around the POEs. But honestly, how much do we really know about the POEs? We know what some of them do, and we know a few of their purposes. But what powers them? What, apparently non-industrial power created them? Maybe some multimedia project or buried data file has these answers, but I don't know of anything.

This is important because I believe it's proof that the industry of the Isu, as advanced as they were, is not comparable to modern day. Sure, they had amazing artifacts in the POEs that allowed them to build and thrive in an almost utopian society long before we thought homo sapiens could even form sedentary villages, but their technology was limited to what the POEs could do- and if there was not one that allowed interstellar travel, then that simply was not an option.

The only issue with this theory that I can see is that Juno mentioned that they had attempted to send up an Apple into orbit to control the mind of the world in a scenario straight out of The Secret.
I don't remember for certain if they ever succeeded in actually getting the Apple into orbit, but the fact that this was even possibly an option suggests that they thought themselves capable of doing it. So, I'm not sure how they would have launched an object into orbit.

Of course, even the ability to launch something into orbit does not imply interstellar travel. We as a society have that ability now, but if there were some apolayptic disaster, anyone attempting to flee the planet would not last long as we have not discovered and earth-like planets that we could reasonably inhabit yet, nor do we have the means to reach them in a timely fashion.

Now, one final thought- what if everything I've written so far is 100% incorrect, and the Isu were capable of interstellar travel- but it was a relatively new technology, and they didn't have the means to evacuate the entire planet. But some might have had the ability to leave- the rich, for example- and forge ahead to a new world. Perhaps there is an entire planet of Isu out there, with their own mythologies and history about the planet that they left behind.

That's a great point actually, if they did pollute the world, even we'd have probably detected it by now!

We know one of their tech (Baghdad Battery) is powered by the very movement of time itself. But these batteries produce very minute power, enough to turn on a lamp. However, maybe with lots of these Batteries, they could power other things. Perhaps this is why some of their stuff never seems to run out of power, because the very flow of time keeps it afloat. The Power Sources for the Grand Temple were eternally ready for use even though we know a fully charged phone will run out of power even if turned off.

My friend and I had this joke scenario where the reason the Pandora's Jar/Box legend exists, is because there was this curious human female who found a Baghdad Battery and opened it, accidentally damaging it and turning off the air conditioning inside the human enclosures, angering everyone inside as they got exposed to a heatwave. :D

And you're right, I think that deep down, we may eventually surpass the Isu. We may be simpler of mind, but we progressed like crazy in the past century alone and with much more rudimentary tools and resources such as fossil fuels etc. Also remember that file saying the Observatory is obsolete because modern CCTV cameras do just as good a job at monitoring? I think that's a good plot device, it narrows the differences between our two races and further shows their Elf like arrogance by still flaunting their superiority over us, just how we do it over all other things in nature... like Parent like Child I suppose? XD

Speaking of nature, can you imagine if a group of human scientists were to say "we will modify this group of chimps into humanoid slaves," imagine the outcry, the protests, the morel questioning! Humans would call this "playing God." I think the Isu were much less moral compared to us, they WERE the Gods. They viewed themselves as separate from nature (looking at Juno tearing us apart in that email to Desmond, calling us animals and listing in bullet points why we suck at life and should all be ashamed of ourselves. Forgetting the fact that most, if not all of her bullet points can be thrown right back at her kind - did they not feast? Did they not reproduce? Etc) It shows that like us, they can get lost in self congratulations. We too feel "transcended"... "we can reason, we have languages, we build things, we farm, we went to space, we're superior to everything on this world." (Forgetting the fact that dolphins and orcas have displayed hints of a language and names for each other, ants farm fungi in their colonies and build as well, Great Apes build their own things like beds, birds build nests etc. Sure, our examples can be more complex, but we're not the only ones who do these things. I suppose the Isu felt like this about us, we have the potential to do as they, but they only do it "better.")

I did once wonder why they never made robots, they did have automations as Juno said one of the towers was being built by automations. Maybe they didn't have intelligent A.I.'s because their society progressed differently, or maybe they didn't make any after a catastrophic event which made them aware of the dangers of a Skynet like entity? So they instead sought to build machines from flesh and make them dumbed down, which still results in a rebellion that we were actually winning according to Tinia...

And yes, they did send dozens of Apples skywards, but they didn't foresee that the signals to influence us would be far too weak which shows to me they weren't as experienced when it came to space. Also, orbiting the world is much more easier than going to the moon. I think that PoE on the moon ended up there purely by accident, maybe they pushed it out too hard, and remember Newton's law - "an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an external force" - here that force being the moon which the apple must've slammed into lol.

I have doubts they actually sent an Isu into space as it's too risky and their slow reproductions made it counter-productive. Maybe they sent humans like we sent chimps... but only to study orbit maybe.

Now that you mention the possibility of Isu being on other worlds (I imagined it too), scientists recently discovered an Earth like world on Proxima Centauri. That's 4 light years away from Sol, it's literally the closest star to us and if we travel near the speed of light, we'd be able to reach it within our lifetimes!

The problem? Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf star, and in some twisted irony... red dwarfs flare... a lot... also that planet would be too close to the star which means it'll be tidally locked, it will be permanent day on one side and permanent night on the other. The only good places to inhabit on it would be the twilight areas in between the day and night, but that still won't protect you from the frequent coronal mass ejections which make Sol's ones look tame and gentle.

cawatrooper9
09-15-2016, 08:47 PM
And you're right, I think that deep down, we may eventually surpass the Isu. We may be simpler of mind, but we progressed like crazy in the past century alone and with much more rudimentary tools and resources such as fossil fuels etc. Also remember that file saying the Observatory is obsolete because modern CCTV cameras do just as good a job at monitoring? I think that's a good plot device, it narrows the differences between our two races and further shows their Elf like arrogance by still flaunting their superiority over us, just how we do it over all other things in nature... like Parent like Child I suppose? XD

Perhaps. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we're objectively better or worse than the Isu, because I don't think it's really comparable. Has our technology allowed us to do things that the Isu cannot imagine? Sure, probably. But that's quite obviously a two way street. We've seen real examples of this type of thing in actual history, as well. The name escapes me now, but there were certain types of metals that prehistoric peoples were masters at creating, that we still do not know how to replicate.

Speaking of nature, can you imagine if a group of human scientists were to say "we will modify this group of chimps into humanoid slaves," imagine the outcry, the protests, the morel questioning! Humans would call this "playing God." I think the Isu were much less moral compared to us, they WERE the Gods. They viewed themselves as separate from nature (looking at Juno tearing us apart in that email to Desmond, calling us animals and listing in bullet points why we suck at life and should all be ashamed of ourselves. Forgetting the fact that most, if not all of her bullet points can be thrown right back at her kind - did they not feast? Did they not reproduce? Etc) It shows that like us, they can get lost in self congratulations. We too feel "transcended"... "we can reason, we have languages, we build things, we farm, we went to space, we're superior to everything on this world." (Forgetting the fact that dolphins and orcas have displayed hints of a language and names for each other, ants farm fungi in their colonies and build as well, Great Apes build their own things like beds, birds build nests etc. Sure, our examples can be more complex, but we're not the only ones who do these things. I suppose the Isu felt like this about us, we have the potential to do as they, but they only do it "better.")

Oh yeah, that opens a huge can of philosophical worms. Remember, though- the Isu aren't modern day humans, nor do they share our society. The thing about the Isu (even Juno) is that we cannot say for certain how they viewed human slavery. Sure, it seems like Minerva was against it, but she could've been regarded as a radical in her day. She could've basically been PETA to the Isu. So, when Juno says she wants to enslave humanity and rule a new and improved world, who's to say that she really doesn't have the best of intentions at heart?

I did once wonder why they never made robots, they did have automations as Juno said one of the towers was being built by automations. Maybe they didn't have intelligent A.I.'s because their society progressed differently, or maybe they didn't make any after a catastrophic event which made them aware of the dangers of a Skynet like entity? So they instead sought to build machines from flesh and make them dumbed down, which still results in a rebellion that we were actually winning according to Tinia...

Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head with the comment about their society developing differently than ours. Why waste time and money on an army of robots when a single apple can create an organic one instead?

And yes, they did send dozens of Apples skywards, but they didn't foresee that the signals to influence us would be far too weak which shows to me they weren't as experienced when it came to space. Also, orbiting the world is much more easier than going to the moon. I think that PoE on the moon ended up there purely by accident, maybe they pushed it out too hard, and remember Newton's law - "an object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an external force" - here that force being the moon which the apple must've slammed into lol.
have doubts they actually sent an Isu into space as it's too risky and their slow reproductions made it counter-productive. Maybe they sent humans like we sent chimps... but only to study orbit maybe.

Yeah, I used to think it was strange how the seemingly developed Isu so badly misunderstood what their Apple could do. I think their lack of experience with space could have part to do with it, but also there's the issue of where the Apples came from, anyway. It almost seems a primitive idea to just send something into the sky to save the world, seems like some element of a myth (which I guess is fair, considering how the Isu were essentially prehistoric beings).

Now that you mention the possibility of Isu being on other worlds (I imagined it too), scientists recently discovered an Earth like world on Proxima Centauri. That's 4 light years away from Sol, it's literally the closest star to us and if we travel near the speed of light, we'd be able to reach it within our lifetimes!

The problem? Proxima Centauri is a red dwarf star, and in some twisted irony... red dwarfs flare... a lot... also that planet would be too close to the star which means it'll be tidally locked, it will be permanent day on one side and permanent night on the other. The only good places to inhabit on it would be the twilight areas in between the day and night, but that still won't protect you from the frequent coronal mass ejections which make Sol's ones look tame and gentle.

Haha, yeah, that is unfortunate. It may have been 750,000 years ago, but still... too soon, man.

Sorrosyss
09-15-2016, 10:03 PM
Was bugging me, but here's the Aita quote again;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkAt2btWDnc

I do wonder what exactly he is referring to. If an Isu spaceship did escape, perhaps it did reach another planet. Fortunately there is a prime contender. A popular conspiracy topic known as Nibiru or Planet X. The theory holds that there is a large planet in an elliptical orbit within our solar system, and that it is coming back round towards Earth. Even NASA has started to broach the topic now. The best part is the timing. It supposedly passes nearest the Earth every few thousand years. It might have tied up perfectly for an Isu vessel.

Those Who Shall Return! ;)

Elder-Kalakta
09-15-2016, 10:20 PM
Perhaps. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that we're objectively better or worse than the Isu, because I don't think it's really comparable. Has our technology allowed us to do things that the Isu cannot imagine? Sure, probably. But that's quite obviously a two way street. We've seen real examples of this type of thing in actual history, as well. The name escapes me now, but there were certain types of metals that prehistoric peoples were masters at creating, that we still do not know how to replicate.

That's true, I think both races have pros and cons. They certainly have very advanced metals that we have no clue about like the Mayan armour. None of our metals can stop bullets (hence why knights went out of fashion as soon as guns came into play.) Also, the Isu technology certainly is built to last, even their temples have endured the tests of time while ours will either disintegrate due to the elements of nature eroding it slowly, or run out of power and be useless real quick. Also you mentioning us not having a clue how ancient people did certain things, we're still scratching our heads about Stonehenge and the Pyramids. :p

Oh yeah, that opens a huge can of philosophical worms. Remember, though- the Isu aren't modern day humans, nor do they share our society. The thing about the Isu (even Juno) is that we cannot say for certain how they viewed human slavery. Sure, it seems like Minerva was against it, but she could've been regarded as a radical in her day. She could've basically been PETA to the Isu. So, when Juno says she wants to enslave humanity and rule a new and improved world, who's to say that she really doesn't have the best of intentions at heart?

Indeed, we cannot say for certain, not to mention they are meant to be very incomprehensible according to Minerva and Juno. Tinia on the other hand was more optimistic on us as he did tell them (and Aita) that one day humanity may be as wise as them (a view which Juno aggressively opposed, notice how she doesn't like Tinia in general? Even called him "foolish" in Syndicate.) I don't think Minerva was against it, I think she was just a lot more forgiving. She did call our rebellion a "betrayal" against them. I think she's best described as more lenient and less oppressive. You mentioning PETA reminded me of another point, what if there were Isu who viewed us in the same vein we view automations now? As taking Isu jobs? And yes, Juno might have the best intentions at heart, but from an Isu point of view, it feels like it's best intention for the masses and not the individuals themselves.

Yeah, I used to think it was strange how the seemingly developed Isu so badly misunderstood what their Apple could do. I think their lack of experience with space could have part to do with it, but also there's the issue of where the Apples came from, anyway. It almost seems a primitive idea to just send something into the sky to save the world, seems like some element of a myth (which I guess is fair, considering how the Isu were essentially prehistoric beings).

I think they thought that sending them skywards would boost the signal, if one apple could control everyone in a room (notice how when they're in use, Apples are sort of held up? No one is holding it down to their sides, always upwards.) Maybe the higher it went, the more people it could reach? Hence why the Staves of Eden not only amplify the Apples, but hold it higher? So sending it beyond the Earth may have controlled much more people (and who knows? Some of the closer apples may have managed to enthrall a hundred or thousand minds.) It's just that there weren't enough humans to will the sun to calm down. A hundred minds may grow a tree or wish away a wall, but a sun is so mind boggingly huge that even if every single human today were to be possessed to wish the flare away, it still wouldn't work.

I don't know if they had a religion though, but I do think they intentionally made us very subservient on purpose. Once the Isu were gone, we looked for more gods to lead our lives. This sort of supports Haytham Kenway's speech to his son about humans not wishing to lead themselves because it's too much responsibility and would rather be lead.

Haha, yeah, that is unfortunate. It may have been 750,000 years ago, but still... too soon, man.

I think I remember hearing somewhere that it'd take us 40,000 years with our current tech to reach Proxima Centauri. So if the Isu went on slow Generation Ships, they could've theoretically reached it by now. But who knows if this Earth like planet could harbour life, just because something is rocky, orbits the Goldilocks Zone of its star, has water and looks like Earth, doesn't mean it's suitable for habitation by Earthlings. (Plus we discovered this planet very recently so know very little about it. Once Venus was thought to be a humid jungle world until we sent probes to find out that it's a scorching, acid raining, bone crushing death world!)

And Sorrosyss, I remember that clip! I loved John's sarcasm in it hahaha! I think it's more of him mocking the hacker saying "I should've been an astronaut" in an old man's voice, suggesting whoever discovered it to get a life. XD

But still, that's a good theory! I remember one Abstergo file mentioning conspiracy theories and to keep them alive because it benefits the Templars. One of the topics mentioned was alien life.

Have you heard about the Pleiadians? Or Nordics? They could be Isu descendants still trying to guide us. :p They're humanoid, they're taller, they're more advanced... They Have Returned! (According to all our contactees at least. XD)

cawatrooper9
09-16-2016, 08:13 PM
Also you mentioning us not having a clue how ancient people did certain things, we're still scratching our heads about Stonehenge and the Pyramids. :p

Exactly.

Juno might have the best intentions at heart, but from an Isu point of view, it feels like it's best intention for the masses and not the individuals themselves.
Perhaps. but consider how even PETA behaves. It's "Save the Whales", not save a specific whale. Sure, they rally behind certain cases every now and then, but by and large, groups like PETA tend to focus more on the whole than the individual. Not to cast any aspersions either way on whether or not that's effective- just an observation.

I don't know if they had a religion though, but I do think they intentionally made us very subservient on purpose. Once the Isu were gone, we looked for more gods to lead our lives. This sort of supports Haytham Kenway's speech to his son about humans not wishing to lead themselves because it's too much responsibility and would rather be lead.

I remember reading an article earlier this year that supplied evidence of a certain group of apes appearing to have some ritualistic and perhaps even religious interactions with a tree. I don't think this is the time or place to discuss the validity of various world religions (other than the fact that we are indeed on the internet) but it's interesting to think how advanced lifeforms seem to often be compelled to some sort of religious necessity. I like how the portrayal of TWCB reflects tha

I think I remember hearing somewhere that it'd take us 40,000 years with our current tech to reach Proxima Centauri. So if the Isu went on slow Generation Ships, they could've theoretically reached it by now. But who knows if this Earth like planet could harbour life, just because something is rocky, orbits the Goldilocks Zone of its star, has water and looks like Earth, doesn't mean it's suitable for habitation by Earthlings. (Plus we discovered this planet very recently so know very little about it. Once Venus was thought to be a humid jungle world until we sent probes to find out that it's a scorching, acid raining, bone crushing death world!)
t.

This brings up a good point, and one that is probably pretty far fetched, but still interesting to consider.

What if the Isu ship(s) were large and relatively self sustaining, but also horribly slow? What if humanity masters FTL travel and wormholes, allowing them to reach Proxima Centari and colonize it before TWCB even arrive?

Again, that idea's so far off the beaten track, it's basically just one large tinfoil hat. Still, could be a huge curveball, if they even decide to bring in space travel, for some reason.

Elder-Kalakta
09-16-2016, 08:34 PM
Exactly.
Perhaps. but consider how even PETA behaves. It's "Save the Whales", not save a specific whale. Sure, they rally behind certain cases every now and then, but by and large, groups like PETA tend to focus more on the whole than the individual. Not to cast any aspersions either way on whether or not that's effective- just an observation.

That makes sense, also in our case, the more numerous a species is, the less the individual may matter to some outsider like Juno because any losses don't even leave a dent. She just wants to guide the human "super-organism", not the single cell that we are. :p

I remember reading an article earlier this year that supplied evidence of a certain group of apes appearing to have some ritualistic and perhaps even religious interactions with a tree. I don't think this is the time or place to discuss the validity of various world religions (other than the fact that we are indeed on the internet) but it's interesting to think how advanced lifeforms seem to often be compelled to some sort of religious necessity. I like how the portrayal of TWCB reflects tha

I remember reading similar things too about Chimpanzees displaying some ritualistic behaviour. We also recently found some Neanderthal sites in a cave that showed this circular shrine of sorts, I don't know how else to describe it. No one really knows its purpose, but it was built so deep inside the cave (which means they had to illuminate their way inside with fire), it must've been a place of importance to them. TWCB also display a lot of artistic touches on their Pieces of Eden as shown by the myriad of patterns, even in their holograms.

They also do use the term "Temple", rather than "facility" or "bunker" etc. Temples are usually associated with places of worship.

[QUOTE]This brings up a good point, and one that is probably pretty far fetched, but still interesting to consider.

What if the Isu ship(s) were large and relatively self sustaining, but also horribly slow? What if humanity masters FTL travel and wormholes, allowing them to reach Proxima Centari and colonize it before TWCB even arrive?

Again, that idea's so far off the beaten track, it's basically just one large tinfoil hat. Still, could be a huge curveball, if they even decide to bring in space travel, for some reason./QUOTE]

Can you imagine their utter shock when they arrive and find humans already settling and terraforming that world?

While on the subject of ships!

If you pause (they move so quickly, you'd have to pause like a madman) at 2:19, you see what looks like an Isu plane dropping bombs (they probably used these during the War of Unification and also against rebelling humans.)

Also, immediately after that at 2:19 as well, you see a rocket blasting off! In the plumes there's an Apple of Eden (maybe this is what they did to send them into orbit?)

After that you see a plane again twice, first one also dropping bombs but second one doesn't seem to be. Notice how their rockets and planes look exactly like ours? The rocket probably splits into parts when it gets to space, just like ours do. And their plane has four engines on the wings just like some of ours.

Vidic wasn't kidding when he said most of our technological advancements were based on TWCB technology.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tuy35c8EiA

EDIT: OMG I just noticed at 2:19, the planes are dropping NUCLEAR BOMBS! If you pause at the right moment, you notice that symbol that was being dropped from planes, only there's no planes this time, it's facing downwards and seems to be engulfed in a Mushroom Cloud, at the bottom is an Apple of Eden.I originally mistook this for a tree, like a hint to the "Tree of Knowledge", but it looks a lot more like a nuke!

cawatrooper9
09-16-2016, 09:55 PM
I'm gonna be honest- I tried several time, but I can't make sense of the gobbldy**** in 2:19 of that video. Sounds cool, though. Sorry!

Senningiri_GR
09-16-2016, 10:17 PM
I was once thinking a strange theory on the Isu (First Civilisation) and the Humans. What if in a future game we were revealed that the Isu are actually Humans that at some point they mutated themselves and took over the rest of Humanity, enslaving it and then telling them a lie like that they came before and that they made them, so that they could prevent potential rebellions. What if then they mutated the slaves as well, but not in a progressive way, but in a way that they could be more useful in working and the main thing, vulnerable to the Apples of Eden. I think there is no information about an apple harming an Isu. And the Isu Years could be the years since the victory of the new master race and unification of the planet under their rule (I think there were no Isu countries).

Elder-Kalakta
09-16-2016, 11:07 PM
I'm gonna be honest- I tried several time, but I can't make sense of the gobbldy**** in 2:19 of that video. Sounds cool, though. Sorry!

That's alright, they move really fast and several of the things show up in 2:19 alone, one after another. Still cool to notice. XD

I was once thinking a strange theory on the Isu (First Civilisation) and the Humans. What if in a future game we were revealed that the Isu are actually Humans that at some point they mutated themselves and took over the rest of Humanity, enslaving it and then telling them a lie like that they came before and that they made them, so that they could prevent potential rebellions. What if then they mutated the slaves as well, but not in a progressive way, but in a way that they could be more useful in working and the main thing, vulnerable to the Apples of Eden. I think there is no information about an apple harming an Isu. And the Isu Years could be the years since the victory of the new master race and unification of the planet under their rule (I think there were no Isu countries).

That's an interesting theory. They technically are the original Homo sapiens (even listed as Homo sapiens divinus by Abstergo) while we're the offshoots. I also once thought they mutated themselves thus explaining their Sixth Sense and Triple Helix DNA. But my friend pointed out Triple Helixes are possible due to a genetic coding error, so they could've just mutated it over the course of their evolution. And their sense being an extra predatory sense. Like how Orcas apparently have six senses as well to our five.