PDA

View Full Version : Combat system

StuTron
09-12-2016, 03:15 AM
Just a couple ideas to make the pvp fighting feel slightly less formulaic.

One thing that I noticed makes the lock-on fighting system look a little clunky. I haven't seen a lunge, or a straight attack yet. It seems a little awkward to have to lock on and then make a big swinging motion every time you engage another player. It would look a lot smoother if you could hit opponents before locking on. Maybe by doing a lunge you make yourself vulnerable to a counter attack.

(I might have played too much Ninja Gaiden Black which I still view as the best single player combat system ever made).

Maybe after you hit them once, then it locks on... Maybe there could be a move to lock swords. Just a few things that I would love to see in this game. (By the way in very excited to play this game. I hope I get into the beta, I'll have my PC build done in a month.)

iHunny
09-12-2016, 03:44 AM
You can attack oponents without being locked on.

Fatal-Feit
09-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Just a couple ideas to make the pvp fighting feel slightly less formulaic.

One thing that I noticed makes the lock-on fighting system look a little clunky. I haven't seen a lunge, or a straight attack yet. It seems a little awkward to have to lock on and then make a big swinging motion every time you engage another player. It would look a lot smoother if you could hit opponents before locking on. Maybe by doing a lunge you make yourself vulnerable to a counter attack.

Maybe after you hit them once, then it locks on... Maybe there could be a move to lock swords. Just a few things that I would love to see in this game. (By the way in very excited to play this game. I hope I get into the beta, I'll have my PC build done in a month.)

You should look up some gameplay videos by non-developers. They show off that you can still perform attacks without locking on (you can't lock onto minions). Every hero should also have some form of special attack they can perform when they aren't locked on to bridge the gap. The Warden, for example, has a quick Rushing Slash attack that they can use to hit enemies afar and/or running away.

(I might have played too much Ninja Gaiden Black which I still view as the best single player combat system ever made).

You should def play DMC then.