PDA

View Full Version : Just found out about this game

Lynx7386
09-12-2016, 02:34 AM
and I'm looking for some information. Is there anything out there that explains just what the game is going to be? From all the hype videos and trailers, I cant tell if it's an RPG with a persistent world or something more akin to COD/battlefield where you're just doing matchups. Is it online only? Do we have any real information here?

BTW, huge viking fan, looking forward to axing some european and asian scum =P

iHunny
09-12-2016, 03:08 AM
Its like Overwatch, classes with there own skills and weapons in a medieval theme. It will also have a campaign for each faction.

HannibalFoster
09-12-2016, 04:19 AM
I would suggest looking up the info on youtube, or browsing these forums, as there is a TON of info out there to find. And it is far more on the arcade side of games rather than the sim kinds of games.

Voidrek
09-12-2016, 04:28 AM
A member here named coma987 compiled a lot of info on this game and posted it up over on reddit. Here is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/4twou3/megathread_for_honor_information/

But yeah, For Honor is pretty much a 3rd person game using a unique battle system called "The Art of Battle". There is a full fledged campaign mode that can be played solo or co-op with a friend. Co-op can be used either locally using split-screen (console only) or online.

The meat of the game, though, seems to be in it's multiplayer. There are currently five different multiplayer modes. Oh, and you can also play the multiplayer modes against AI bots, if you want. Whether this can be played via split screen with a friend, I do not know.

And if you haven't yet, I would sign up for the upcoming Alpha test. It begins later this week, so you might as well sign up so you can check out the game for yourself and join others in making it better by leaving feedback.

handheld brando
09-12-2016, 01:50 PM
A member here named coma987 compiled a lot of info on this game and posted it up over on reddit. Here is the link:

https://www.reddit.com/r/forhonor/comments/4twou3/megathread_for_honor_information/

But yeah, For Honor is pretty much a 3rd person game using a unique battle system called "The Art of Battle". There is a full fledged campaign mode that can be played solo or co-op with a friend. Co-op can be used either locally using split-screen (console only) or online.

The meat of the game, though, seems to be in it's multiplayer. There are currently five different multiplayer modes. Oh, and you can also play the multiplayer modes against AI bots, if you want. Whether this can be played via split screen with a friend, I do not know.

And if you haven't yet, I would sign up for the upcoming Alpha test. It begins later this week, so you might as well sign up so you can check out the game for yourself and join others in making it better by leaving feedback.

We are actually currently updating that as well.

There is quite a bit of information in there that needs to be updated so Coma and I are going through it to correct it.

MathiasCB
09-12-2016, 02:00 PM
and I'm looking for some information. Is there anything out there that explains just what the game is going to be? From all the hype videos and trailers, I cant tell if it's an RPG with a persistent world or something more akin to COD/battlefield where you're just doing matchups. Is it online only? Do we have any real information here?

BTW, huge viking fan, looking forward to axing some european and asian scum =P

I can tell that you and me will get along just fine... ;)
As said above, Coma did a GREAT job on that reddit post and the guys are still updating it as soon as new info comes out. Make sure to go and check regurarly! :D

Also going to take this opportunity to recommend you to come to our discord! We've got loads of members now. Active For Honor talk every day! Very experienced players that can answer any question that is not under NDA and we love doing it! Don't be afraid to pop in and say Hi!

http://www.auplod.com/u/dpulao86af1.png (https://discord.gg/vzqMAyf)

Voidrek
09-12-2016, 03:50 PM
We are actually currently updating that as well.

There is quite a bit of information in there that needs to be updated so Coma and I are going through it to correct it.

Ah, sounds good. Also looking forward to the Kensei guide you guys got coming out soon. That is the class I am going to attempt to suck the least at, heh.

MisterWillow
09-12-2016, 06:20 PM
and I'm looking for some information. Is there anything out there that explains just what the game is going to be? From all the hype videos and trailers, I cant tell if it's an RPG with a persistent world or something more akin to COD/battlefield where you're just doing matchups.

Definitely not a persistent world, but the devs have said you can unlock gear to improve your character, so there's RPG elements. It would be more akin to CoD/Battlefield, as you're cycling matches, but there's also MOBA elements in Dominion, with the AI soldiers you need to kill, and the Feats you unlock throughout the match (though that's the only in-match progression). I don't think they've said if Skirmish and/or Elimination will feature feats or minions, though.

Is it online only?

No. There's a single-player campaign, and the devs have said you can play matches with bots completely offline.

SlayingSouls
09-13-2016, 12:41 AM
I truly do not understand why people think this game is anything like overwatch......:mad:

iHunny
09-13-2016, 01:25 AM
I truly do not understand why people think this game is anything like overwatch......:mad:

? Classes with there own attacks/moves/whatever fighting in a arena? The difference is one is a FPS character driven costume game and the other a 3rd Person Melee fashion customization game. But to me they are similar games as its arena games. I see them more as arena games then battlefield games sush as Battlefield (:P) . I guess I should have picked Chivalry instead of Overwatch tho, maybe, perhaps.

VodkaSlam
09-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Its like Overwatch, classes with there own skills and weapons in a medieval theme. It will also have a campaign for each faction.

Not Necessarily, i played Overwatch and theres no similarities. Best comparison would be Rainbow Six Siege because of the 4 characters for each faction just like Siege.

With the soldiers fighting on the Front Lines while players go after the other objectives. Overwatch and other MOBAs dont require much skill but vast strategy. While here, you need Skill, Teamwork, communication and Strategy. Which will make this game instantly the next Esport.

iHunny
09-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Not Necessarily, i played Overwatch and theres no similarities. Best comparison would be Rainbow Six Siege because of the 4 characters for each faction just like Siege.

With the soldiers fighting on the Front Lines while players go after the other objectives. Overwatch and other MOBAs dont require much skill but vast strategy. While here, you need Skill, Teamwork, communication and Strategy. Which will make this game instantly the next Esport.

I listed the similarities. Classes/heroes with there own set of skills battling it out in a arena. But I agree, Rainbow Six Siege and Chivalry might be closer comparisions then Overwatch

Lynx7386
09-13-2016, 07:22 PM
If anything the gameplay vids remind me more of the dynasty warriors series, where you're a general fighting among hordes of minions.

MisterWillow
09-14-2016, 02:32 AM
If anything the gameplay vids remind me more of the dynasty warriors series, where you're a general fighting among hordes of minions.

I've seen the Dynasty Warriors comparison before. It's pretty superficial, especially considering you're killing several dozen minions with any given swing of your weapon in that game, but I get where people are coming from.

The Overwatch comparison I don't understand. Aside from the 'Hero-character' aspect the two aren't alike at all.