PDA

View Full Version : Snippet....

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:58 PM
That woman does not look happy. Perhaps because I'm lying in the middle of the aisle and she wants to get a jar of tomato sauce. Some sort of pasta dish, I assume. Interesting. All I can think of is what she's going to cook. So I ask her. "None of your business." She snaps. Bah, who's she to talk? She's the one walking around upside down. Insulted and angry, the ugly wretch leaves. Good! I'm not sure Chris cared much anyway. He's too busy flicking elastic bands at a row of Kinder Surprise toys. Now that we both worked the night shift, I couldn't spend much time in the store, but I still got a few nights off every week. Chris thought it was good that I was working. Not for any psychological or philosophical reasons of worthiness, but I would have more money to get absolutely hammered. He was also glad I could catch up on my rent payments. And the phone bill. And the money I borrowed. Ok, so I was in debt, let's just say that.
Jess came in and saw me lying on the floor. She didn't bother to question. We exchanged pleasantries as she negotiated her way around, then made her way to the counter. I closed my eyes as they kissed. I didn't want to see. Amber popped into my head and I caught myself kissing her. It was beautiful. It was sensational. It was fantasy. "Mother f......!" I said aloud. My eyes jumped open to the burning light of the fluorescent above. Congratulations about my employment went straight over the top. I hadn't seen Jess for quite some time. University had its limitations. When she wasn't at home, at work or at Uni, she was with Chris. And as you know, three's a crowd. I have no intention of being the third wheel. Clinging on because I have nothing better to do. Sure Jess is a friend, but come on, get real. All I'd be doing the whole time is wondering if I'm in the way, no matter how nice they are to me. But this is a public store, so screw them. "Watch the store." Chris ordered. Guess they were gonna screw each other.
Bing. Bing. Some loner enters the store. He looks down at me. "Excuse me, can I get some cigarettes?"
"No." I barked.
"Excuse me?" He stood perplexed.
" I'm not getting up so you can blow smoke from a cancer stick in other peoples faces then throw the butt in the gutter where it'll be swept into the river and then choke some poor little fishy who's just trying to make his way in the world. ..... off."
He promptly left the store after unleashing a barrage of obscenities. I would have felt bad, if I didn't have such dislike for smokers. Some are ok, I guess. But then again, some Nazis were ok as well. Smokers have no respect for themselves, for others, and especially for the environment. Too often I see people tossing their butts on the ground or in the gutter only meters from a bin! The absurd selfish and disgusting behavior! And they have the audacity to call themselves civilized? Civilized be damned! They have no respect! They have no decency! So screw them. Screw 'em all. If he chooses to stand beside someone and blow smoke in his or her face, he shouldn't be surprised to be received with such hostility.

http://webhome.idirect.com/~nkirv/ASHcom%205%20alone3%20copy.jpg

Shut up when you talk to me.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 02:58 PM
That woman does not look happy. Perhaps because I'm lying in the middle of the aisle and she wants to get a jar of tomato sauce. Some sort of pasta dish, I assume. Interesting. All I can think of is what she's going to cook. So I ask her. "None of your business." She snaps. Bah, who's she to talk? She's the one walking around upside down. Insulted and angry, the ugly wretch leaves. Good! I'm not sure Chris cared much anyway. He's too busy flicking elastic bands at a row of Kinder Surprise toys. Now that we both worked the night shift, I couldn't spend much time in the store, but I still got a few nights off every week. Chris thought it was good that I was working. Not for any psychological or philosophical reasons of worthiness, but I would have more money to get absolutely hammered. He was also glad I could catch up on my rent payments. And the phone bill. And the money I borrowed. Ok, so I was in debt, let's just say that.
Jess came in and saw me lying on the floor. She didn't bother to question. We exchanged pleasantries as she negotiated her way around, then made her way to the counter. I closed my eyes as they kissed. I didn't want to see. Amber popped into my head and I caught myself kissing her. It was beautiful. It was sensational. It was fantasy. "Mother f......!" I said aloud. My eyes jumped open to the burning light of the fluorescent above. Congratulations about my employment went straight over the top. I hadn't seen Jess for quite some time. University had its limitations. When she wasn't at home, at work or at Uni, she was with Chris. And as you know, three's a crowd. I have no intention of being the third wheel. Clinging on because I have nothing better to do. Sure Jess is a friend, but come on, get real. All I'd be doing the whole time is wondering if I'm in the way, no matter how nice they are to me. But this is a public store, so screw them. "Watch the store." Chris ordered. Guess they were gonna screw each other.
Bing. Bing. Some loner enters the store. He looks down at me. "Excuse me, can I get some cigarettes?"
"No." I barked.
"Excuse me?" He stood perplexed.
" I'm not getting up so you can blow smoke from a cancer stick in other peoples faces then throw the butt in the gutter where it'll be swept into the river and then choke some poor little fishy who's just trying to make his way in the world. ..... off."
He promptly left the store after unleashing a barrage of obscenities. I would have felt bad, if I didn't have such dislike for smokers. Some are ok, I guess. But then again, some Nazis were ok as well. Smokers have no respect for themselves, for others, and especially for the environment. Too often I see people tossing their butts on the ground or in the gutter only meters from a bin! The absurd selfish and disgusting behavior! And they have the audacity to call themselves civilized? Civilized be damned! They have no respect! They have no decency! So screw them. Screw 'em all. If he chooses to stand beside someone and blow smoke in his or her face, he shouldn't be surprised to be received with such hostility.

XyZspineZyX
07-01-2003, 04:01 PM
I like it, I like it.

Is this a part of your opus, ASH? From the same stable as the teenager who would shower nude at a roadside carwash?

Whatever it is, it is well written. I look forward to more, should you decide to share it. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

http://www.jc3.homestead.com/files/sig_slackbladder.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 03:19 AM
LOL, yeah.

And BTW, most of it comes from reality. I've had some bizarre friends.

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 08:46 AM
Nice transition from reality to fantasy and back again.
I see some real emotion there-then you centralized your thoughts and feelings on the guy who insulted your sensabilities. A rather abrupt and straightforward way of showing your displeasure-but hey- sometimes those that may be sources of either conscious or subconscious irritation are unintended targets-.
Though- i too have felt the same sense of irritation at those who take years off their own lives through selfish actions. not so much for them, as those they leave behind to clean up the mess-both emotional and monetary.
My Mom died at 48 and that is just too damn young-especially when there were six of us "kids' and a husband that spent(will spend) the rest of our lives missing her.
Good to see you are back: Stick around for awhile:

Leep out;

http://www.ualberta.ca/~mrawluk/leepsig/leepsignature.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-02-2003, 11:31 PM
Verry good /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I want to read the naked shower person

http://www.leetweb.com/publicsigs/deathsig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
07-09-2003, 05:23 AM
kimi_ wrote:
- I want to read the naked shower person