PDA

View Full Version : Mouse stutter and lag problems?

KentuckyFrydSpy
09-10-2016, 05:32 PM
It has been almost a year now that I have been playing Rainbow Six: Siege and there has been 1 thing I have not been able to fix and it is ruining the game for me as I am always disadvantaged because of this problem, and this problem is... mouse stutter and lag. Right now my rig isn't the best due to my CPU bottle necking my GPU but the game is able to stay above 60 FPS most of the time but I am forced to use v-sync on 1 frame (capped to refresh rate) since it is the only thing that helps the stutter a bit. I have looked around and it seems to me that when your frame rate goes over your refresh rate in this game, then your mouse starts to stutter and become very choppy as if the game was not meant to be played at that frame rate *bad console port *cough *cough and the only fix people have found is to turn v-sync on but that does not fix the problems entirely, and before you ask if I have tried lowering my graphics settings, yes I have and the problem still persists.

Any possible fixes and solutions would be greatly appreciated as I am about done with this game since it has too many problems for me to play and the mouse one is the cherry on top of the proverbial cake.

PaddyWa
09-10-2016, 11:14 PM
I have had the same problem since launch date. I have to play the game with V-Sync on 1 frame otherwise the stuttering makes it unplayable. I have a good rig. i5 4690K @ 4.4, 980Ti, 16 gb ram........ I have tried turning off overclock on both card and CPU. It did not help. I have also used several different mice over this year and same problem ( Also reduced polling rate but still stuttering). A shame they have not fixed this problem. Only effects a minority of players I guess.

KentuckyFrydSpy
09-11-2016, 05:19 AM
I have had the same problem since launch date. I have to play the game with V-Sync on 1 frame otherwise the stuttering makes it unplayable. I have a good rig. i5 4690K @ 4.4, 980Ti, 16 gb ram........ I have tried turning off overclock on both card and CPU. It did not help. I have also used several different mice over this year and same problem ( Also reduced polling rate but still stuttering). A shame they have not fixed this problem. Only effects a minority of players I guess.

Yeah and it's a shame because it absolutely ruins the game for me and when I can actually find a game I can barely play properly because of it.