PDA

View Full Version : Battleye needs fixing!

implode
09-10-2016, 03:22 PM
My PC is gaming-only. Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have like 6-8 applications installed and 5 games. That's it. No anti-virus other than the new defender that came with Anniversary Update.

I run Siege via Uplay. Every singly time I reboot my computer and try to launch Siege I get the "failed to start Battleye service (1056)" and I have to go verify my game files, which takes 7-8 minutes even on my SSD.

I used to be able to just reboot a few times and get the game to launch... but now it seems I have to verify every single time.

What gives?!

http://i.imgur.com/tDUywib.jpg

sky00high
09-11-2016, 04:02 AM
You are lucky that verify files let you start playing.

For me only a complete re-installing can allow me to play before I restart my computer.

Somebody please fix this.

g200guy
09-11-2016, 06:06 AM
My PC is gaming-only. Windows 10 Anniversary Update. I have like 6-8 applications installed and 5 games. That's it. No anti-virus other than the new defender that came with Anniversary Update.

I run Siege via Uplay. Every singly time I reboot my computer and try to launch Siege I get the "failed to start Battleye service (1056)" and I have to go verify my game files, which takes 7-8 minutes even on my SSD.

I used to be able to just reboot a few times and get the game to launch... but now it seems I have to verify every single time.

What gives?!

http://i.imgur.com/tDUywib.jpg

Tried verifying files and that didn't work. Rebooted a couple times and that didn't work tonight either.

x_Dradis_x
09-12-2016, 08:15 AM
I'm also having this issue, have followed the FAQ that has been posted added exceptions to firewall, malware software and windows defender with no change, given admin rights to battleye folders in C: program files/common and the R6 directory and did a windows update on Windows 10 to the latest updates. The hell gives, no idea what they changed last week for this to start happening all of a sudden.

For what ever reason sometimes randomly it will work and I have not changed anything further..

implode
09-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Yikes. Scary to see all these people putting all these hours into just getting a game to launch. :confused:

Something isn't right Ubi. Please fix it with the upcoming 4.2 patch.

bs.jaguar
09-12-2016, 07:00 PM
The last two weeks have been really odd to say the least..First my NAT switch to strict out of no where and now this is happening to me as well..i cant win for losing..beyond frustrating

Kyawn.
09-21-2016, 06:50 PM
My friend had a similar issue after updating to windows 10 anniversary, the BattlEye client would take a century to start but he'd be able to play.

Now I've just been given the dreaded 'compulsory' windows 10 anniversary update and I'm getting the exact same issue as you. I can no longer play Rainbow because BattlEye refuses to start... oh joyous occasion :/

phimo123-FR
09-23-2016, 03:00 AM
This is unacceptable. I asked for a refund since I haven't been able to play the game yet.

I'll definitely not recommend this game on PC to anyone and I will never buy from Ubisoft again before coming on this forum first.

sudo_halt
09-24-2016, 09:14 PM
Manually starting Battleye service with task manager will fix this, did fixed in my case.
Go to task manager, services, find "BEservice" and start it, then start the game with Uplay.

g200guy
09-26-2016, 02:52 AM
Manually starting Battleye service with task manager will fix this, did fixed in my case.
Go to task manager, services, find "BEservice" and start it, then start the game with Uplay.

Tried this after my windows 10 updated. It will show running until I launch the game then it will change to stopped and the error will show up. There isn't a way to get it/keep it running through the launch of the game.

Update: Instead of starting the battleye service, I tried restarting it while battleye was supposed to be loading/starting. It finally cycled it at the right time and I was able to play. I tried it several times and it won't work every time, I guess the timing has to be just right...?

CorporalCricket
09-26-2016, 04:43 AM
Just chiming in...I have the exact same problem. Win 10. If I just keep attempting to launch the game (hit play, it errors, wait for it to close out, hit play again....repeat), it will eventually launch the game. Takes about 8-10 tries each time if I've restart my computer. This is a relatively recent problem; I wonder if the others are correct about a Win 10 update being the cause.

WalkingD3adGuy
09-26-2016, 04:44 PM
Just chiming in...I have the exact same problem. Win 10. If I just keep attempting to launch the game (hit play, it errors, wait for it to close out, hit play again....repeat), it will eventually launch the game. Takes about 8-10 tries each time if I've restart my computer. This is a relatively recent problem; I wonder if the others are correct about a Win 10 update being the cause.

Same issue here, tried all the posted solutions nothing worked. Like CoporalCricket if I wait long enough it will eventually start. Did this Fri, Sat & Sun. Try to start game get batteeye 1056 error. Try it every so often (fortunately I was watching some vids so didn't mind sitting there). It seemed like it took about 1.5 hours (I didn't time it, should have) and the game would start up with no issues (I made no system or network changes).

Just my 0.02...

DaniilLebedev23
09-26-2016, 08:01 PM
Bought rainbow six siege and when try to play it doesn't work. It's just creating a squad and don't do anything else. It can do it for hours with no changes

Mah-jack
09-27-2016, 04:01 PM
Bought rainbow six siege and when try to play it doesn't work. It's just creating a squad and don't do anything else. It can do it for hours with no changes

Man, you're not the only one. Haven't been able to play for 2 days. Waiting for their support to actually help for once..