PDA

View Full Version : For Honor - The Story

Pheelyks
09-10-2016, 02:57 PM
I made this video (https://youtu.be/nhl2palBbCU) discussing what we know of the story of For Honor so far, as well as the individual story lines that players will play through as each of the factions in the campaign.

Ureh
09-11-2016, 03:16 AM
Nice vid! Your narration was pretty good.

Do you guys think a millennia is enough to improve their technology? Considering all the in-fighting, wars between factions, and initial scarcity of food/water. The cataclysm looked like it nearly eradicated all of the civilizations and almost reset their progress.

ZenBearV13
09-11-2016, 04:49 AM
Don't take this too harshly, but you need to put more time into editing your future videos. Calling the Knights "Templars" is a major gaffe that shouldn't have made it to the final cut, even with the annotation. That being said, I really enjoyed your video and look forward to more! Keep it up! :)

Do you guys think a millennia is enough to improve their technology? Considering all the in-fighting, wars between factions, and initial scarcity of food/water. The cataclysm looked like it nearly eradicated all of the civilizations and almost reset their progress.

I think it's a real strain on the suspension of disbelief to think 1000 years go by without more significant technological advancements. I agree that it seems like the Cataclysm destroyed much of their progress to that point, reducing the Knights to chain mail, the Samurai to wooden armor and the Vikings to simple axes, and over the millennium they rediscover their lost technologies to craft plate armor for the Knights, lamellar for the Samurai and the Dane Axe for the Vikings (and swords for their shield-bearing Warlords). I'm willing to just go with it though. They could have said a century or several of conflict and it would have been more believable, but "a millennium of conflict" sounds much cooler.

handheld brando
09-11-2016, 06:59 AM
Don't take this too harshly, but you need to put more time into editing your future videos. Calling the Knights "Templars" is a major gaffe that shouldn't have made it to the final cut, even with the annotation. That being said, I really enjoyed your video and look forward to more! Keep it up! :)

I think it's a real strain on the suspension of disbelief to think 1000 years go by without more significant technological advancements. I agree that it seems like the Cataclysm destroyed much of their progress to that point, reducing the Knights to chain mail, the Samurai to wooden armor and the Vikings to simple axes, and over the millennium they rediscover their lost technologies to craft plate armor for the Knights, lamellar for the Samurai and the Dane Axe for the Vikings (and swords for their shield-bearing Warlords). I'm willing to just go with it though. They could have said a century or several of conflict and it would have been more believable, but "a millennium of conflict" sounds much cooler.

A millenium of constant warfare would probably have each group pretty much only focusing around stuff that helps them fight better. Its not just warfare agains the other factions either. We know the knights have been warring amongst themselves for awhile on top of fighting the other factions. Samurai have been slowly ousted from everywhere except for their current place and Vikings are constantly invading both factions.

It is not impossible to think that 1000 years of war could cause their technology to sort of stagnate.

TBH Vikings do have or at least know how to make explosives so we could simply be coming in at a turning point .

premiumart
09-11-2016, 09:29 AM
A millenium of constant warfare would probably have each group pretty much only focusing around stuff that helps them fight better. Its not just warfare agains the other factions either. We know the knights have been warring amongst themselves for awhile on top of fighting the other factions. Samurai have been slowly ousted from everywhere except for their current place and Vikings are constantly invading both factions.

It is not impossible to think that 1000 years of war could cause their technology to sort of stagnate.

TBH Vikings do have or at least know how to make explosives so we could simply be coming in at a turning point .

Usually war fuels technological progress but if resources are rare it would probably have a negative effect on R&D.

JCSILVERWOL2016
09-11-2016, 05:31 PM
The campain looks great but to me you guys should choose the Orochi. The Orochi look like the original samurai out of all of them. He has the main weapon of the samuri the katana. His finishers are amazing I honestly hope you guys pick him. The fact that you guys showed him off in the first gameplay should at least make you want the Orochi in the story as a main playable character. Honestly I have no idea if you will read what I put next but at least people like me will read it. The story of the samuri is about honor and if they were to disgrace there honor they would kill themselves with their own katana,which would be a sad ending that would make sense based on what you guys do. The one thing that makes him a great character is his understanding of his blade and knowing when to use it. But I don't know anything so this is in hope that you the people could help me out with feedback on which character they should use. This is were ill stop but I do hope they use the Orochi.

iHunny
09-11-2016, 05:41 PM
The campain looks great but to me you guys should choose the Orochi. The Orochi look like the original samurai out of all of them. He has the main weapon of the samuri the katana. His finishers are amazing I honestly hope you guys pick him. The fact that you guys showed him off in the first gameplay should at least make you want the Orochi in the story as a main playable character. Honestly I have no idea if you will read what I put next but at least people like me will read it. The story of the samuri is about honor and if they were to disgrace there honor they would kill themselves with their own katana,which would be a sad ending that would make sense based on what you guys do. The one thing that makes him a great character is his understanding of his blade and knowing when to use it. But I don't know anything so this is in hope that you the people could help me out with feedback on which character they should use. This is were ill stop but I do hope they use the Orochi.

I think the Kensei will be the main character for Samurai campaign, this is just me speculating cos the other two are the Vanguard classes being shown played in the campaign and the Kensei is the Vangaurd for Samurais.

premiumart
09-12-2016, 09:31 AM
I think the Kensei will be the main character for Samurai campaign, this is just me speculating cos the other two are the Vanguard classes being shown played in the campaign and the Kensei is the Vangaurd for Samurais.

I think i actually saw a video where someone from the for honor team said that you play the orochi in the samurai campaign, cant remember the video though.

ok found the video its actually Jason himself who said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRdmTyHenSM

skip to 5:30

Fatal-Feit
09-12-2016, 10:13 AM
I think i actually saw a video where someone from the for honor team said that you play the orochi in the samurai campaign, cant remember the video though.

I can't find the video on Youtube, but basically the PAX West stream showed off a work in progress cutscene of the Orochi we will be playing. What we saw definitely demonstrated a loyalty to their people and the willingness to surrender his life to support their cause.

MisterWillow
09-12-2016, 07:17 PM

I think it's good to note that right after that he said that there will be cameos by the other characters you'll get to play. That might mean we actually do get to play as everyone during the campaign, just not as long as the three 'main' characters.

iHunny
09-12-2016, 07:36 PM
I think it's good to note that right after that he said that there will be cameos by the other characters you'll get to play. That might mean we actually do get to play as everyone during the campaign, just not as long as the three 'main' characters.

Hmm, play each 4 classes in each faction campaign? Yeah, that would be cool, maybe, alot to learn tho.