PDA

View Full Version : New limited edition book on Jagdgeschwader 52!

Ruy Horta
03-20-2004, 02:21 AM
German Historian Bern Barbas (known for Aircraft of the Luftwaffe Fighter Aces Vols 1&2, currently published by Schiffer in English) has finally managed to self publish the first part of a multi-volume unit history of Jagdgeschwader 52.

Note that this will be a limited self-published edition and that there are no current plans to publish in English. At a 1000 copies I advice to be quick if interested!

Also the subsequent publications (*) will depend on the success of this first volume dealing with the II. Gruppe, hence my spreading the word. Volume two dealing with I. Gruppe is actually ready to be printed!!

Although self published, the books are printed by Struve and similar to the ones we have become used to from the Prien team.

Needless to add, I ordered my copy at the first chance!

The book can be ordered direct from the author/publisher:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hello friends ,

my book is now ready for sale .

Price is 65 EUR plus 2 EUR packing and shipping is
4,10 EUR P├┬Ąckchen Germany
6,70 EUR Paket Germany
8,50 EUR Book parcel ground shipment worldwide .
For more details see : www.JG52.de (http://www.JG52.de)

Please contact me by letter , I send an invoice , if I
got the money , I will send the book .

Bernd Barbas
Primelweg 47
D 88662 ├┼ôberlingen
Germany<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or through the Historical Association JG 52 website, you can also find more information about the actual book: http://www.jg52.de/gb-bvpd1.htm

Finally another tidbit of info on these books although it might not fully conform with the actual published format:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have planned 4 volumes , one each for the 3 Gruppen and a fourth volume about Geschwaderstaff and 13. + 15. Staffel ( Slowaks and Croats )

Content will be tables of pilots , mechanics , awards ( RK , DKG and EP ), airfields , losses and " leaders " ( Stkap and Grkomm )Tables are more than 100 pages , chronic is over 100 pages .

Pictures are more than 600 per volume , artwork and colour depends on price and artist . Also several maps , showing all airfilds , will be included .

II Gruppe is completed , but I will still do here a small rework and if everything goes like planned will appear this year .

I Gruppe is nearly completed , fotos had to be sorted out .

III Gruppe and 4th volume ; the material is collected and I have to rework that .

" Rework ": At victories I have a typed list from RLM / BA with all victory data but pilot and victim and PQ missing .

This is my " skeleton ".Then I use an excel file from a good friend in England ( not Tony Wood )and fill pilot , ac and place in . Then I use the microfilms from RLM / BA and check these handwritten data . At last I use my material I got from Mr Ring , like victory lists , flight books aso to do a final control .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember this is a limited edition with no current plans of publishing in English!

Ruy Horta

[This message was edited by rhorta on Sat March 20 2004 at 01:34 AM.]

Ruy Horta
03-20-2004, 02:21 AM
German Historian Bern Barbas (known for Aircraft of the Luftwaffe Fighter Aces Vols 1&2, currently published by Schiffer in English) has finally managed to self publish the first part of a multi-volume unit history of Jagdgeschwader 52.

Note that this will be a limited self-published edition and that there are no current plans to publish in English. At a 1000 copies I advice to be quick if interested!

Also the subsequent publications (*) will depend on the success of this first volume dealing with the II. Gruppe, hence my spreading the word. Volume two dealing with I. Gruppe is actually ready to be printed!!

Although self published, the books are printed by Struve and similar to the ones we have become used to from the Prien team.

Needless to add, I ordered my copy at the first chance!

The book can be ordered direct from the author/publisher:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Hello friends ,

my book is now ready for sale .

Price is 65 EUR plus 2 EUR packing and shipping is
4,10 EUR P├┬Ąckchen Germany
6,70 EUR Paket Germany
8,50 EUR Book parcel ground shipment worldwide .
For more details see : www.JG52.de (http://www.JG52.de)

Please contact me by letter , I send an invoice , if I
got the money , I will send the book .

Bernd Barbas
Primelweg 47
D 88662 ├┼ôberlingen
Germany<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or through the Historical Association JG 52 website, you can also find more information about the actual book: http://www.jg52.de/gb-bvpd1.htm

Finally another tidbit of info on these books although it might not fully conform with the actual published format:

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I have planned 4 volumes , one each for the 3 Gruppen and a fourth volume about Geschwaderstaff and 13. + 15. Staffel ( Slowaks and Croats )

Content will be tables of pilots , mechanics , awards ( RK , DKG and EP ), airfields , losses and " leaders " ( Stkap and Grkomm )Tables are more than 100 pages , chronic is over 100 pages .

Pictures are more than 600 per volume , artwork and colour depends on price and artist . Also several maps , showing all airfilds , will be included .

II Gruppe is completed , but I will still do here a small rework and if everything goes like planned will appear this year .

I Gruppe is nearly completed , fotos had to be sorted out .

III Gruppe and 4th volume ; the material is collected and I have to rework that .

" Rework ": At victories I have a typed list from RLM / BA with all victory data but pilot and victim and PQ missing .

This is my " skeleton ".Then I use an excel file from a good friend in England ( not Tony Wood )and fill pilot , ac and place in . Then I use the microfilms from RLM / BA and check these handwritten data . At last I use my material I got from Mr Ring , like victory lists , flight books aso to do a final control .
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Remember this is a limited edition with no current plans of publishing in English!

Ruy Horta

[This message was edited by rhorta on Sat March 20 2004 at 01:34 AM.]

Ruy Horta
03-21-2004, 01:13 AM
First and final self-bump, just to get this topic back up for the day...

Done my bit http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Ruy Horta

widgeon
03-21-2004, 06:07 AM
Not in English, I'd be struggling something terrible to read in German. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Would enjoy it though.

Widgeon

Ruy Horta
03-21-2004, 12:18 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by widgeon:
Not in English, I'd be struggling something terrible to read in German. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Would enjoy it though.

Widgeon<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well depending on budget and interest there are always the pictures and the all important tables.

Ruy Horta