PDA

View Full Version : Dueling modes/events

kyoj1n
09-08-2016, 08:15 PM
I haven't seen much info on a duel mode outside of it existing, but that has still got me thinking of some different things you could do with it outside of the simple 2 players enter 1 player leaves.

King of the Hill - You could do it with a persistent lobby that people can join/leave any time or one that only lasts for a certain number of wins/battles. The basic idea as you know would be you keep fighting till you loss and are replaced by a new person who does the same.

Tournaments - Official and community run tournaments would be awesome. With the length of a single duel being so short larger tournaments of various types are definitely possible for the average player to have time for.

Challenges(Duels of Honor?) - Basically the ability to challenge people who you just fought to one on one duels. Maybe they really kicked your *** and you want to regain your honor/use your team as an excuse for your defeat, whatever your reason this could be an option to have after Dominion or other modes.

PvE Challenges - Outside of multiplayer there should be something new for people to do once they finish the campaign. Weekly/daily/whatever duels against powerful NPCs, possibly with special abilities or in special terrain, would be cool and a fun change of pace to the other game modes.

Those are the ones I've been able to think of so far, anyone have any other ideas?

HannibalFoster
09-09-2016, 03:24 AM
I would love to see some kind of event system with special rewards per event.

MisterWillow
09-09-2016, 04:02 AM
King of the Hill - You could do it with a persistent lobby that people can join/leave any time or one that only lasts for a certain number of wins/battles. The basic idea as you know would be you keep fighting till you loss and are replaced by a new person who does the same.

This has been suggested before (click (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1218091-One-vs-One-honor-duel-mode-Beautiful-One-vs-One-only-maps-Slow-motion-art-of-battle)). I quite like the idea.

Not to derail too much, but a 4v4 (or even 4v4v4) King of the Hill was also suggested, where teams try to capture and hold a single point. I think they should use this concept for Brawl, if for no other reason than to make it more interesting that two duels happening simultaneously.

Tournaments - Official and community run tournaments would be awesome. With the length of a single duel being so short larger tournaments of various types are definitely possible for the average player to have time for.

Also been suggested, and I sincerely hope the devs do these, at least every so often. Once a month would be fantastic.

Beyond that, I agree there should be the functionality for players to create brackets and hold tourney's that way, too.

Challenges(Duels of Honor?) - Basically the ability to challenge people who you just fought to one on one duels. Maybe they really kicked your *** and you want to regain your honor/use your team as an excuse for your defeat, whatever your reason this could be an option to have after Dominion or other modes.

That would be interesting.

They could tie this to scoreboard menu, somehow, like how other multiplayer games allow you to view people's profiles/mute/kick/etc. by clicking on them in the scoreboard. They could add a 'Challenge' option to that, and if they accept, you both leave whatever mode you're in and go to Duel after the current match is over.

PowerSenpai
09-09-2016, 09:30 AM
That would be interesting.

They could tie this to scoreboard menu, somehow, like how other multiplayer games allow you to view people's profiles/mute/kick/etc. by clicking on them in the scoreboard. They could add a 'Challenge' option to that, and if they accept, you both leave whatever mode you're in and go to Duel after the current match is over.

That sounds like chivalry's duel system.