PDA

View Full Version : Need help with broken Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

JKing_CZ
09-08-2016, 07:42 PM
Everytime when i click on play, i get message : Starting game Unable start the game. Please check that your game has ben installed correctly. If the problem persists please contact Ubisoft Support. Choose a game file or cancel, when i choose game files i still cant launch a game, same problem, same message. I try reinstall or repair game but still nothing. I try Check files button in Uplay. - still nothing. Please help me with this problem, other assassins game works, only brotherhood dont work.

This is my question 47 days old on Ubisoft Support without answer, i really didnt know what to do with this problem, i trying everything what i know and what i found on the internet,
I mean i broke registry when i try install my language.

seofoxir
09-09-2016, 03:05 AM
I had the same problem but when in Upgraded my windows problem just solved!

YazX_
09-09-2016, 09:55 AM
when you say reinstall, do you mean from physical disc or UPlay download?

JKing_CZ
09-09-2016, 02:28 PM
Uplay download.

YazX_
09-09-2016, 06:14 PM
Uplay download.

ok lets clean your installation then you can reinstall:

1. Uninstall the game from UPlay and then close UPlay from tray.

2. Go to registry and delete this key (take backup first, right click --> Export) :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Brotherhood

3. Now go to this key in registry:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs

Expand it and you will find subkeys (folders) with numbers, click on each folder and check the entries on the right, there is a entry called "InstallDir", if you find any value for this entry that has "Brotherhood" word, then delete the folder that has this entry. dont forget to take a backup first.

4. Now all traces for game installation should be removed, run UPlay and download/install the game again and hope it will work this time.

jack09122019
04-05-2019, 05:42 PM
Uplay download. good and great