PDA

View Full Version : GUN CHARGING HANDLES!

VF-3Thunderboy
05-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Gun chargin handles would be nice if it can be incorporated into the software at this late stage. Some F4F Pilots used to charge only 4 guns, and use the remaining 2 for backup. The ability to specify this would be historicaly accurate, and give more firepower that would be badly needed underarmed wildcat!

VF-3Thunderboy
05-31-2004, 07:22 PM
Gun chargin handles would be nice if it can be incorporated into the software at this late stage. Some F4F Pilots used to charge only 4 guns, and use the remaining 2 for backup. The ability to specify this would be historicaly accurate, and give more firepower that would be badly needed underarmed wildcat!

Tater-SW-
05-31-2004, 09:01 PM
While I'd like to have jams and chargers modelled, you can already reserve guns in Il-2/FB/AEP now. On the 6 gun planes aren't 4 guns the "machine guns" and the remaining set the "canon" for converance/kepmapper?

If so, set them to different keys, and there ya go.

tater

[This message was edited by Tater-SW- on Mon May 31 2004 at 08:22 PM.]

heywooood
05-31-2004, 09:18 PM
I am always in favor of more switches to throw.. having to remember to charge the guns where necessary would be ok.. And then of course ordering the flight to check the MG's by test firing them would be important.

Tater - I think your workaround is correct on planes with no cannon and more than 4 MG's.

VW-IceFire
05-31-2004, 09:40 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tater-SW-:
While I'd like to have jams and chargers modelled, you can already reserve guns in Il-2/FB/AEP now. On the 6 gun planes aren't 4 guns the "machine guns" and the remaining set the "canon" for converance/kepmapper?

If so, set them to different keys, and there ya go.

tater

[This message was edited by Tater-SW- on Mon May 31 2004 at 08:22 PM.]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Only on the P-47 are the guns split. The Mustang in 1.21 RC01 beta had them split as well...but since then its all one trigger.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RCAF 412 Falcon Squadron - "Swift to Avenge"