PDA

View Full Version : I want this carrier!



Waldo.Pepper
07-18-2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/pictures/pictures_kxv_floatplane_carrier_1930s.htm

Waldo.Pepper
07-18-2004, 02:25 PM
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/pictures/pictures_kxv_floatplane_carrier_1930s.htm

CowboyTodd41
07-18-2004, 03:51 PM
I want this one!

http://www.nato.int/related/nimic/about_im/accidents/images/accident/nimitz1.jpg

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Tgan92/vote.jpg

eiffel68
07-19-2004, 08:39 AM
CVN-71 is named USS Theodore Roosevelt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://www.battleships-cruisers.co.uk/images/antn45.jpg

yarbles67
07-19-2004, 10:43 AM
I would like this one above my fireplace.

http://www.steelnavy.com/images/2003September/akagi1PB.JPG

Waldo.Pepper
07-19-2004, 10:57 AM
OK yup thats nice.

BlitzPig_DDT
07-19-2004, 11:12 AM
Pfffft. This is where it's at - http://www.airships.net/akron5.jpg

And we'd need the Curtiss F9C Sparrows to go with it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That would rock! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://operationcarepackage.org/ddtsig.gif

Sharpe26
07-19-2004, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CowboyTodd41:
I want this one!

http://www.nato.int/related/nimic/about_im/accidents/images/accident/nimitz1.jpg

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Tgan92/vote.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

right, let's ask Lutheir for a freak storm http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

BSS_Vidar
07-19-2004, 02:58 PM
I've deployed on Nimitz . Nimitz was my first carrier. 526 arrested landings later with Ike, JFK, TR, GW, in between, Enterprise was my last.

S!

BSS_Vidar

x__CRASH__x
07-19-2004, 03:25 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BSS_Vidar:
I've deployed on Nimitz . Nimitz was my first carrier. 526 arrested landings later with Ike, JFK, TR, GW, in between, Enterprise was my last.

S!

BSS_Vidar<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

CVN-73, USS George Washington here. Did the work-ups and maiden voyage with her. Got 3 flights in the E-2C Hawkeye, 3 cats, 3 traps! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Then I ran screaming off the boat never to return.

Now I fly in the EP-3E. A Land based electronic recce bird. Can you say: SEMPER PER DIEM!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif


Long live Naval Aviation!

&lt;S&gt;

Ghost Skies. The Premier IL2FB Dogfight League. (http://www.ghostskies.com)
http://www.rmutt.netfirms.com/crash2.gif (http://www.ghostskies.com/)
CWoS FB/PF forum. More Cheese, Less Whine. (http://www.acompletewasteofspace.com/forum)

Copperhead310th
07-19-2004, 07:03 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlitzPig_DDT:
Pfffft. This is where it's at - http://www.airships.net/akron5.jpg

And we'd need the Curtiss F9C Sparrows to go with it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That would rock! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://operationcarepackage.org/ddtsig.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that would be cool. i never hear about this before so i googled it. So for thhose that don't know....
http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Sparrowhawks_of_the_Macon.jpg
Sparrowhawks of the Macon
The Navy forgotten by most. In the 1930's, the US Navy had a fleet of rigid dirigibles, each carrying its own fighter protection.
The Curtis F9C-2 "Sparrowhawk" fighter was carried internally, dropped out of the Macon, then recovered by the pilot snagging a hook dangled underneath the ship.

http://imageshack.us/files/copper%20sig%20with%20rank.jpg
310th FS & 380th BG website (http://www.310thVFS.com)

CowboyTodd41
07-19-2004, 07:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by eiffel68:
CVN-71 is named USS Theodore Roosevelt. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Wow, I didn't even notice that. I pulled the pic off google, so it's not me who put the USS Nimitiz in the corner http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/53.gif

http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Tgan92/vote.jpg

Obi_Kwiet
07-19-2004, 09:54 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif I thought that planes taking off from Blimps were fiction from Crimson skies! Wow!

ELEM
07-20-2004, 03:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
http://www.dutchsubmarines.com/pictures/pictures_kxv_floatplane_carrier_1930s.htm<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I had one of the best dives of my life at the weekend on a Submarine called the M2. That had an a/c hanger forward of the conning tower and carried a Parnell Peto. You can read about it here...
http://www.divernet.com/wrecks/wtour5799.htm

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as member!

http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Elem_Klimov/I-16_desktop.jpg http://img35.photobucket.com/albums/v107/Elem_Klimov/dhm_787_small.jpg

Eagle_34
07-20-2004, 06:57 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Copperhead310th:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BlitzPig_DDT:
Pfffft. This is where it's at - http://www.airships.net/akron5.jpg

And we'd need the Curtiss F9C Sparrows to go with it. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

That would rock! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://operationcarepackage.org/ddtsig.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah that would be cool. i never hear about this before so i googled it. So for thhose that don't know....
http://www.oldgloryprints.com/Sparrowhawks_of_the_Macon.jpg
_Sparrowhawks of the Macon_
_The Navy forgotten by most. In the 1930's, the US Navy had a fleet of rigid dirigibles, each carrying its own fighter protection.
The Curtis F9C-2 "Sparrowhawk" fighter was carried internally, dropped out of the Macon, then recovered by the pilot snagging a hook dangled underneath the ship._

http://imageshack.us/files/copper%20sig%20with%20rank.jpg
_http://www.310thVFS.com
_<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

They made one of the greatest addons for CFS2 featuring the Macon , it was extremely cool.
Aww the good old days of CFS2...

You can probably still download it at the Netwings library.

BlitzPig_DDT
07-20-2004, 07:24 AM
Yeah, but think of how cool it would be with a better FM. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://operationcarepackage.org/ddtsig.gif