PDA

View Full Version : How would you like to get your cosmetics?

MathiasCB
09-06-2016, 07:32 PM
Hey there guys!

Just HOW would you like to get your cosmetics? Now I know we have got kind of a solid answer by simply saying loot system, I think it could be much more to it. I firmly believe that it would be awesome to have gear that would not give stats but only cosmetic looks, special gear so to speak. Getting gear like that from the loot system would be possible but I would love to see things like that being given by completing certain achievements. I am talking about achievements that would be REALLY hard or take a long time to complete. I will give you an example.

As the Berserker, kill 15.000 enemies in a solo situation and you will unlock the achievement ''Lone Wolf'' which would grant you a cosmetic gear similar to the one in THIS PICTURE (http://lapiedradesisifo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/berserker_by_bakarov-d5dl5op.jpg). I know that it is not a wolf pelt that he is wearing but as long as you get the general idea. As the Warden, slay a HUGE amount of minions and gain the achievement or title ''Commander of the Legion'' and gain access to something like THIS (http://pre05.deviantart.net/e0ef/th/pre/f/2015/264/4/4/paladin_by_soft_h-d9af01i.jpg).

I know that the examples may seem flashy to some but it would be something that I would not mind as long as those special cosmetics were SUPER rare. The game will be quite realistic in the feels but not as historical accurate as some choose to believe. I mean... There is a difference between THIS (https://img2.cgtrader.com/items/98708/fantasy_sword_3d_model_fbx_f02101e0-2595-437a-8032-15228bd2b258.png) and THAT. (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/79/8b/ba/798bba04d7ea2c20d4e9416653a27a08.jpg) I would say that the first sword would fit great on a Warlord whilst the second sword would have no place in the game.

Cosmetics through achievements would be the most fun and rewarding way for me. How would you like to get your cosmetics or gear? Buy it with real cash? Only through the loot system? Special Campaign gear? Maybe perhaps some kind of crafting? What are your thoughts on cosmetics without stats, good or bad?

Give me ALL the opinions!

StimulisPakij
09-07-2016, 01:18 AM
I voted other, They should do it a couple ways in my opinion but you already have campaign related

Boss Drops- I think that having a guaranteed item after a boss isn't an unreasonable expectation, it could even be set up so each boss has a Loot table with 3-2 high quality items (if there is different qualities) for each class, mixed in with 3-5 decent quality and 5-8 basic quality items with corresponding drop chances (higher quality= lower drop chance / Low quality= higher drop chance). Though when it comes to the item drops i think they should make it so the bosses drop specific items, ones you can only get from them, so each boss then has unique items. I would like to have it so items from the bosses no matter how far in the story are all equal given they share same quality. Hopefully promoting more campaign play.

BudBro49
09-07-2016, 02:47 AM
I voted other;

There should be multiple ways to get cosmetics. You should be able to get cosmetics/executions/skins through achievements. You should be able to get them through purchasing them in a store, everything purchased of course, exclusively cosmetic, no stats whatsoever. There should also be exclusive skins/executions etc. through tournament game play, to make those who participate stand out. You should be able to get a few of these things through grinding a loot system, I guess... But I think that's boring, personally. Its nice to have there, but for it to be the only way or one of a few is just dull. Maybe release skins that have a theme, released to all hero's of one faction? Buy them individually or in a pack!

Make a few of these cosmetic items or skins/executions available to purchase through the in-game money feature, instead of using it on upgrades for "cosmetic" items with stats... Remove stats from items!

Make them available through the single-player, and make them all different based on difficulty or how fast you complete the game even.. I guess that would go under achievements. haha

Crafting would be another way to do it! Have a few things you can craft, or even make a "craft" mechanic for executions... You can "Learn" them by collecting "Experience" on the battlefield. xD
Oh yeah, this is great.

There are so many ways to make it fun an interactive... I just hope they don't make the boring progression system and call it good. Progression system should just be icing on the cake.

PowerSenpai
09-07-2016, 08:36 AM
I think having a variation is important, and don't mind if certain cosmetics are behind a pay wall, as long as it is not a random chest or something like that. It is usually pretty nice to give several ways to get items to players to satisfy both grinders and casuals alike.

handheld brando
09-07-2016, 09:47 AM
I would love if they had gear appearance tiers.

For example there could be like purple tier rarity appearance gears and then common tier appearance gear.

I love stuff like that.

I don't mind however if some stuff is behind a paywall as long as the stuff in question is worth the price.

I however, whatever their currency system is to be used for both stat items and appearance items. That would kill the game for me.

MathiasCB
09-07-2016, 01:59 PM
I voted other, They should do it a couple ways in my opinion but you already have campaign related

Boss Drops- I think that having a guaranteed item after a boss isn't an unreasonable expectation, it could even be set up so each boss has a Loot table with 3-2 high quality items (if there is different qualities) for each class, mixed in with 3-5 decent quality and 5-8 basic quality items with corresponding drop chances (higher quality= lower drop chance / Low quality= higher drop chance). Though when it comes to the item drops i think they should make it so the bosses drop specific items, ones you can only get from them, so each boss then has unique items. I would like to have it so items from the bosses no matter how far in the story are all equal given they share same quality. Hopefully promoting more campaign play.

I'd love and hate something like this. Sure it would promote to more Campaign but also be pretty frustrating. I remember playing Blade&Soul, doing the same dungeon over 150 times just to get one cosmetic item. Totally worth it in the end. If the cosmetics were really awesome I wouldn't mind having this. Thumbs up!

I would love if they had gear appearance tiers.

For example there could be like purple tier rarity appearance gears and then common tier appearance gear.

I love stuff like that.

I don't mind however if some stuff is behind a paywall as long as the stuff in question is worth the price.

I however, whatever their currency system is to be used for both stat items and appearance items. That would kill the game for me.

I am all with you on this. As long as real cash is limited to cosmetics Everything will be fine. Would really love rarity tiers too. Would throw in loads of cash for some awesome cosmetics.

Honorhound01
09-07-2016, 10:37 PM
I'd love and hate something like this. Sure it would promote to more Campaign but also be pretty frustrating. I remember playing Blade&Soul, doing the same dungeon over 150 times just to get one cosmetic item. Totally worth it in the end. If the cosmetics were really awesome I wouldn't mind having this. Thumbs up!

I am all with you on this. As long as real cash is limited to cosmetics Everything will be fine. Would really love rarity tiers too. Would throw in loads of cash for some awesome cosmetics.

I voted for all the options but personally I'd be worried about being able to buy weapons with RL money if they have different stats, etc. People tend to dislike P2win & so RL money weapons should give you greater rewards (in game currency/XP, etc) or just be cosmetic.

AkenoKobayashi
09-11-2016, 10:21 PM
If it's going to be a loot system...which The Division has gotten a lot of steam on that...then there needs to be an alternative to just getting it from leveling, challenges, etc. Such as being able to purchase the loot with ingame currency that you get at the end of the match.