PDA

View Full Version : The Spectator Mode shown at PAX

Pallbearer7
09-06-2016, 08:23 AM
There's been a few threads on the idea of a spectator or theatre mode in the game. If anyone watched the PAX live stream you would notice that the matches were being sort of "cast" by a host and dev in a spectator mode where they could change which character the camera was following. UI seemed to be same as if you were the one playing.

Overall I just wanna shout out to the devs for having some way to watch others play the game, because good sword combat is a spectator sport. Hopefully we can watch random battles somehow. Or our friends/replays, etc.

PowerSenpai
09-06-2016, 01:46 PM
There's been a few threads on the idea of a spectator or theatre mode in the game. If anyone watched the PAX live stream you would notice that the matches were being sort of "cast" by a host and dev in a spectator mode where they could change which character the camera was following. UI seemed to be same as if you were the one playing.

Overall I just wanna shout out to the devs for having some way to watch others play the game, because good sword combat is a spectator sport. Hopefully we can watch random battles somehow. Or our friends/replays, etc.

Nice, i would love for it to be able for people to set up their own little tournaments using spectator mode and private matches!

MathiasCB
09-06-2016, 01:53 PM
Nice, i would love for it to be able for people to set up their own little tournaments using spectator mode and private matches!

THIS!

I do believe that they just showed us footage from their screens rather than having some actual spectator mode.
Spec mode would be great, imagine if you would be able to spectate one of the ''big players'' and just Watch him/her fight and learn more about the character they're playing. Would be a great tool for Learning and great tool for Entertainment.

This idea would also require an option to allow or deny access for people to spec you ingame, as some people would rather just stream with twitch.

EDIT: Replays should also be in there so you could rewatch and see what you did wrong/right and could have done better.

topeira1980
09-06-2016, 02:33 PM
In a perfect world this would be awesome....
sadly, if there wasnt a budget allocated to this by now than it either wont be done or it will come on the expanse of something else, so i guess it shouldnt be be a top priority :\

but i agree that being able to watch matches could be awesome. unlike watching shooters, where i dont find enjoyment it watching others play MP, in FH i really loved watching all the footage out so far. especially the pax event since these players were far more "professional" and fought well. if i decide on a team i favor than even fight is tense. every time a warrior on my favorite team is facing another player in a 1v1 stand off it's exciting like no other game that i've seen. UBI has the budget and manpower to make such impressive graphics and animations and deep well thought mechanics that every duel is so much fun to watch.
i just hope there arent any imbalances that would make fights "cheap" by having one character too strong or a certain combo of moves too OP.

Pallbearer7
09-06-2016, 05:02 PM
I do believe that they just showed us footage from their screens rather than having some actual spectator mode.

Ouch! I am just now realizing you may be right. It did seem like you were just watching the regular game view, so now that you mention it, that's most likely what that was. Now I'm worried again ):

handheld brando
09-06-2016, 05:36 PM
The footage they showed us was from them capturing the screens of the players. They switched cameras. for players.

MathiasCB
09-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Ouch! I am just now realizing you may be right. It did seem like you were just watching the regular game view, so now that you mention it, that's most likely what that was. Now I'm worried again ):

If we scream and shout loudly enough they might give us what we want. ;)