PDA

View Full Version : Effects of armor?

Honorhound01
09-04-2016, 09:20 AM
We k now theres going to be quite a bit of customization but my question is will it be just aesthetic or will it improve your hero in some way? More health but swing slower, etc? Or is it deeper? Some armor is better against blunt weapons, some is better against slashing and other better protection from penetration, etc?

yote224
09-04-2016, 10:54 AM
It affects stats in a "this for that" trade off.

MisterWillow
09-04-2016, 08:11 PM
It affects stats in a "this for that" trade off.

This, basically.

Nothing as intricate as better armour offering better protection against certain weapons. I don't think that would really benefit a game like this, anyway, because if you enter a match without the suggested 'better against blunt' armour and find the opposing team picked all Shugoki, you'd basically be screwed. The only way I could see a system like that working is if you could switch gear between deaths, and that could slow games to a crawl and result in much more downtime, because one player, or team, will switch weapons/armour to give themselves an advantage, then the other players, or team, will switch weapons/armour to counteract the initial changes, making the entire match more a stat-rearrangement struggle than a show of raw skill.

To be honest, I really like it better if everything were cosmetic.

PowerSenpai
09-05-2016, 02:21 PM
This, basically.

Nothing as intricate as better armour offering better protection against certain weapons. I don't think that would really benefit a game like this, anyway, because if you enter a match without the suggested 'better against blunt' armour and find the opposing team picked all Shugoki, you'd basically be screwed. The only way I could see a system like that working is if you could switch gear between deaths, and that could slow games to a crawl and result in much more downtime, because one player, or team, will switch weapons/armour to give themselves an advantage, then the other players, or team, will switch weapons/armour to counteract the initial changes, making the entire match more a stat-rearrangement struggle than a show of raw skill.

I definitely agree on all this.

MathiasCB
09-05-2016, 03:20 PM

This.
But at the same time, making your character stronger with gear is a pretty good feeling and pretty satisfying.

Honorhound01
09-06-2016, 12:47 PM
This, basically.

Yeah I guess that makes sense.

BudBro49
09-10-2016, 09:36 AM
Upgrades that include stats only make the game harder to pick up for newer players, and alienating players with wallets isn't in their best interest. I'd prefer them to be purely cosmetic as I would like nothing to interfere with the skill aspect of the game.. Stats just shouldn't be involved.. I'd like this to sort of treated like a fighting game. You pick a character, and you have a skill set/move set. You play with that character, and who wins and who lose is decided on skill, nothing else.

Willaguy2010
09-11-2016, 05:11 PM
Honestly I don't like picking cosmetic items that also affect stats. It ends up where I have a character that imo looks ugly as can be but because those ugly pieces of armor have the best stats I'm sort of forced to play as an ugly knight just to keep up with the competition.

PowerSenpai
09-12-2016, 03:07 PM
Honestly I don't like picking cosmetic items that also affect stats. It ends up where I have a character that imo looks ugly as can be but because those ugly pieces of armor have the best stats I'm sort of forced to play as an ugly knight just to keep up with the competition.

This is so true. Yet another reason why having stats on gear is a really bad idea.

iHunny
09-12-2016, 03:09 PM

Well.. Cant say anything but there was soemthing in place for something about stats for something = fashion.. All I can say.

SteampunkRuin
09-13-2016, 06:05 AM
I would rather the stats just be in for single player, and just have the gear cosmetic for multiplayer