PDA

View Full Version : What's the newest Assassin's Creed?

Xbox.Controller
09-03-2016, 06:56 PM
There have been so much AC that i dont know which ones the newest. Is it syndicate? More importantly does it have multiplayer and does it have a lot of people playing?

Megas_Doux
09-03-2016, 07:04 PM
1 Yes
2 No
3 N/a

ERICATHERINE
09-03-2016, 07:39 PM
1 Yes
2 No
3 N/a

That's not quite true. The very last ac game is ac chronicles Russia. Here is a list of all the ac games which I can tell you in which order they arrived in the stores.

1- Assassin's creed 1

2- Assassin's creed ii

3- Assassin's creed brotherhood

4- Assassin's creed revelations

5- Assassin's creed iii

6- Assassin's creed IV black flag

6.1- Freedom cry (as a stand alone version)

7- Assassin's creed Liberation hd (note that this one is a remake of ac iii liberation, which was released around the same time as ac iii)

8- Assassin's creed rogue

9- Assassin's creed chronicles China

10- Assassin's creed unity (it was first planed to be released at the same time as rogue, but if I remember correctly, it was delayed)

11- Assassin's creed syndicate-,,,,,,,,,,,>
-----------------> if I remember correctly those two were released in this order
12- Assassin's creed chronicles India ->

13- Assassin's creed chronicles Russia.

Since I never played Russia I can't answer your two other questions, but sincerely, I really doubt there has ever been a multiplayer in an acc game.

^-^

SixKeys
09-03-2016, 07:59 PM
That's not quite true. The very last ac game is ac chronicles Russia.

If we're going to be pedantic, then AC Identity is the last one. :p Syndicate is the last main game.

ERICATHERINE
09-03-2016, 09:28 PM
If we're going to be pedantic, then AC Identity is the last one. :p Syndicate is the last main game.

Oups. Forgot about that one. XD

Locopells
09-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Actually, you're forgetting Bloodsails and Alliance...

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2016, 11:36 PM
You guys are making me cry.

HDinHB
09-04-2016, 12:22 AM

I think I might have heard of those.

Mega provided the info I think the OP wanted, but if anyone wants a long list, the wiki has a one:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin's_Creed_(series) (don't look Fatal)

I don't know if they missed any, and they also include books and films, etc. The only thing I noticed missing were the companion apps.

ERICATHERINE
09-04-2016, 01:08 AM

Wait. Those are already playable? :confused:

Locopells
09-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Don't think so, but if we're being pedantic, no one mentioned playable...:cool:

Farlander1991
09-04-2016, 12:51 PM
The mobile games are the ones that make me curious the most, they have always fascinated me. And I don't mean like Altair's Chronicles or Discovery or the new ones for Android/iOS, I mean the Java ones that were made for phones with buttons and at some point ported to Android as well. They have five games of this type up to AC3.

I mean, look at this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0tguNWiuu4

How is it not awesome? So old school :D And most AC fans don't have any idea about it, but apparently they were popular enough to make five of them. So strange!

ERICATHERINE
09-04-2016, 06:52 PM
Don't think so, but if we're being pedantic, no one mentioned playable...:cool:

XD

SixKeys
09-04-2016, 09:51 PM
The mobile games are the ones that make me curious the most, they have always fascinated me. And I don't mean like Altair's Chronicles or Discovery or the new ones for Android/iOS, I mean the Java ones that were made for phones with buttons and at some point ported to Android as well. They have five games of this type up to AC3.

I mean, look at this!

How is it not awesome? So old school :D And most AC fans don't have any idea about it, but apparently they were popular enough to make five of them. So strange!

Those graphics make me think of Monty Python.

I was just reading about the ACR mobile game on the wiki and wondering if those games are considered canon. Some of them (Discovery) have original stories, others are straight-up adaptations of the main games (Revelations). The ACR one has some details that differ from the main game, like the Templars' hideout being Derinkuyu instead of Cappadocia, Sofia Sartor not being mentioned at all, Leonardo's flying machine being present and Ezio assassinating Tarik at Topkapi Palace instead of his camp. Makes me wonder if some of these details that made it into the mobile version were taken from the initial script, considering the somewhat disorganized development history of ACR. Alta´r also uses a chain-rope to swing across buildings. Does that mean it's canon that he owned such a weapon?

Farlander1991
09-04-2016, 10:16 PM
Those graphics make me think of Monty Python.

I was just reading about the ACR mobile game on the wiki and wondering if those games are considered canon. Some of them (Discovery) have original stories, others are straight-up adaptations of the main games (Revelations). The ACR one has some details that differ from the main game, like the Templars' hideout being Derinkuyu instead of Cappadocia, Sofia Sartor not being mentioned at all, Leonardo's flying machine being present and Ezio assassinating Tarik at Topkapi Palace instead of his camp. Makes me wonder if some of these details that made it into the mobile version were taken from the initial script, considering the somewhat disorganized development history of ACR. Alta´r also uses a chain-rope to swing across buildings. Does that mean it's canon that he owned such a weapon?

I would say every numerical mobile game (basically, all the sidescrollers that were made on Java for old phones primarily) are not canon due to the fact that all of them seem to be just loosely based on the main games (I mean, it's pretty hard to retell the main games' stories in that format). Each game, AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR, AC3, have tons of differences.

I just find it very cool that these games exist because logic tells me that by all rights they shouldn't. Ok, yeah, ACR and AC3 exist also for android phones, but they were primarily made not for smartphones, and they were being made up to 2012! That just feels insane to me.

Megas_Doux
09-04-2016, 11:15 PM
Well, I think the OP was talking about the main games

The ACR one has some details that differ from the main game, like the Templars' hideout being Derinkuyu instead of Cappadocia

Derinkuyu is one of the citiy-caves within the Cappadocia region. In fact, even on Revelations is still caused Derinkuyu at times.

Selestina118
09-05-2016, 02:48 AM

I mean, look at this!

I can't believe they made so many of them. xD Before I got my proper console Altair's Chronicles was all I had to play on my iPod. I kind of want to go and find them all.