PDA

View Full Version : Short info blurbs for games when you click on them

SixKeys
09-03-2016, 03:34 AM
I just went to play Prince of Persia: Sands of Time for the first time ever. It struck me that for such a classic game, Uplay doesn't offer any information about the plot, genre, release year or anything. I have a few Ubisoft games that I've bought or received as gifts at one point or another. Some of them I bought long ago on a whim and now don't remember exactly what drew me to buy them. Anno 2205? The name doesn't exactly tell me anything. Is it strategy? RPG? Action-adventure? I won't know until I either google it or launch it. Maybe I'm not in the mood for city-building right now, but I'll have to play it for at least a bit before I can figure out its genre. And what if I want to quickly check if a game is age-appropriate for my young niece?

It would be nice when you click on a game to see a little info blurb on the Overview page. Just a short tease about the plot or objective, genre, age rating and release year. Example:

"Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Release year: 2003
Genre: Action-adventure, platformer
PEGI: +12

Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time follows the daring exploits of a young noble who unleashes an ancient power and must find a way to undo the curse. Take control of time itself in this award-winning classic filled with puzzles, excitement and adventure!"

And so on. :)

Ubi-Kay
09-05-2016, 03:49 PM
Hi SixKeys.

Own so many games that you forgot what they are? Oh I can relate to that! :D

Seems like a cool idea, thanks for the suggestion!

Fireseed
09-07-2016, 11:57 AM
I like the idea, too :p