PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Remaster

SH3RIFFO
09-02-2016, 07:11 AM
Hello everyone,

I'm sure by now everyone has been keeping up with the latest rumors, leaks, and recent speculations of the long awaited remaster of the Ezio (Trilogy) Collection, due to be released on November 17th 2016. As much as everyone is excited, I myself am intrigued as well, but yet I feel a little disappointed. Granted that Assassin's Creed II was arguably the best Assassin's Creed game as well as its two following sequels, not to mention who doesn't love Ezio? But I can't help but feel like it's an insult to the original and first Assassin's Creed. Let's elaborate shall we?

Assassin's Creed (1) is probably the most underrated game of the series, in my opinion. It's the one that was known and played the least by the overall community today. And yet those who have played it, don't talk much of it and usually dismiss it. I believe it's safe to say that only the most dedicated and die-hard fans would appreciate it as much as it should be. It is an important game.

When it was first released in 2007, as the first major action-adventure stealth video game installment in the Assassin's Creed series, it took everyone by surprise as a good starter game. Yet according to many sources found today, it was meant to include much more than it had upon final release. Upon recent speculation, it was initially supposed to include a hunting system (AC3), CO-OP feature (AC:U), and a vast open world (without loading screens between cities). At the same time, it was originally supposed to be a Prince of Persia game know as "Prince of Persia: Assassins," but ended up being a spin-off successor of a new series to its predecessor series.

Assassin's Creed started it all and it introduced everything such as the Assassin's Creed, the Templar Order, and the Pieces of Eden. Not to mention it first shined a spot light on Desmond's beginner modern day story as well as the legendary ancestor Altair from the past life. The game took place in the Third Crusade in the Holy Land in 1191, with enchanting cities like Jerusalem, Acre, and Damascus and synced surreal accompanying music that filled the deserts and cities with life. Yes, it may have been repetitive as far as game-play goes, but that ultimately depends on how the player chooses to approach the missions and objectives. Granted if you performed the same way in every mission, it would become dull. Personally, I tried different variations and methods to completing my task, making the game quite generous in its freedom of choice.

Now in my opinion, the stealth in this game is by far the best as opposed to the following sequels in the series. Why? You are an Assassin who is given an order form a city's bureau, who then gathers information discreetly without being noticed and disposes of any evidence that might lead back to you. You then find your target, assassinate them stealthy, and finally flee from the scene and avoiding as much combat as possible. The Assassin aspect is literally on-point in this game. Altair may have not been as charismatic or wise at first, but he certainly did his job right with committed dedication. Furthermore he then revived the Assassin brotherhood from the ashes and began anew for the centuries to come. Upon gaining the Apple of Eden and studying it, became the legendary mentor and master Altair we know and love today. Don't forget, Ezio looked up to Altair for a reason.

Synchronization played a major role in this game that most people didn't grasp quite accurately. Unlike in other games where the player can heal themselves upon getting hurt, the mechanic in Assassin's Creed is different yet unique than the rest. If Altair got hit in the animus, then Desmond would lose a bar of synchronization to Altair. What does that mean? It means Altair never got hit, thus when the player gets hit they cause he synchronization Desmond and Altair to synchronize due to false accuracy of history. It means Altair was that good. In Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood, and Revelations as well as future games, the player can spam the healing button until they run out of medicines to use, making the game less challenging and yet almost invincible.

Now, back to the remaster topic, I feel like the series owes this game a proper remaster with all the additional features mentioned above, not to mention graphics and physics improvements. Picture yourself playing in Jerusalem with today's next-gen graphics. I would love that so much. Not only will the remaster enhance the game in terms of features and textures, but it would bring new comers who joined late to play it. Most players nowadays joined in AC3-ACS. For them to be able and play the very first game that started it all, would be great. Remember, nothing can replace the original classics, so this should not be any different here.

To conclude, the remaster of the Ezio trilogy is a fantastic idea. All beloved fans and first comers would love them and play them today in their next-gen platforms. However, this is more of a luxury and is rather deemed as optional, considering the trilogy didn't look as bad when maxing out the graphics on a PC. The first Assassin's Creed however requires and needs such a remaster to redeem its true place among the series and gain more love. The Ezio trilogy already has a ton of love, but the first game is buried under neath and is almost forgotten. With the new Assassin's Creed movie coming out, remastering the first game might actually be a perfect time for newcomers to be introduced to the series.

Perhaps share this article so that an appropriate representative of Ubisoft can get a glimpse of this matter and perhaps forward it to the magical unicorns who perform remasters with their horns. Anyways, let me know what you think in the comments?

Thank you for reading!

dcGColts
09-02-2016, 09:27 PM
Having not played these Assassin Creed games yet I am happy they are remastering them although I cannot find any information on whether it is xbox one and ps4 only or if PC is getting this too. I hope they are also releasing this on PC as I am looking forward to it and do not game on consoles. Rather play on PC @ 1080p on 144hz monitor. Gaming on 144hz is much much better than 30hz/60hz the consoles use. 60hz/60fps is the highest on consoles because TV's don't support true 144hz.

Razrback16
09-06-2016, 03:28 PM
I haven't seen much on this myself - usually remasters are console only since the PC can already play at UHD resolutions. The only thing they could improve for us really would be an upgraded texture pack, maybe? I'm all in if they do that, the Ezio Trilogy is the best in the series IMO. I'd be all for a texture pack / appearance upgrade. Hope the engine, combat, and climbing is just as smooth as on the originals, though.

TayzorAzul78
09-06-2016, 03:43 PM
I do not get it why Assassin's Creed gets remastered when Prince of Persia Sands of Time series could use it more than Assassin's Creed does.
Way to treat your games that gave birth to Assassin's Creed Ubisoft. Prince of Persia deserves this remaster not Assassin's Creed, people got tired of this annual AC.
Start remaking games that really need an remake on 1080p with 60 FPS. Not games that already have that.