PDA

View Full Version : Announcement Public Test Server

Ubi-QuB3
08-31-2016, 05:19 PM
Greetings Agents,

Last week, we announced that Update 1.4 will focus entirely on improving the core gameplay experience, and that we want you to be part of it. Since then, we kick started our Agent Intel (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1309-Agent-Intel) forum section to gather your feedback on several topics, opened registration to the Elite Task Force (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486769-Join-the-Elite-Task-Force), and we’ve seen a lot of very constructive feedback across the forums, Reddit, YouTube and Twitch. The enthusiasm that you have shown to help us make the game better is incredible and only proves that this is an important step in the right direction!

As many pointed out after we announced Update 1.4, a great way to involve you would be to let you try the update before its release. Good news! We are thrilled to confirm that we will be opening a Public Test Server on PC for The Division in the near future.

More details will follow in the coming days, but we wanted to break the news as soon as possible so you can have full visibility on the next steps we are implementing to improve the game.

The article can also be found on the website (http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-265872-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32).

Stay tuned for more!
The Division Dev Team

G_E_Fernandez-01
08-31-2016, 06:51 PM
On PS4 we will like to test it as well, liek we did we the beta!

NitroMidgets
08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Huh. Will wait to read what we are testing first.

D_Arkss
08-31-2016, 07:38 PM
GREAT!!!!

This is a great step in the right direction!!!!

Neumeusis
08-31-2016, 08:05 PM
Ho my !
Massive is really putting a lot of efforts into this !
Good news ! :-)

RS_Deadeye
08-31-2016, 08:12 PM
Nice! I've been waiting for this since launch. :D

SkyNet....
08-31-2016, 08:26 PM
Superb news and shows me you are truly taking things more seriously now. Let's hope this is just the start of great things now :D

I'd love to be part of the testing please as well - PC user with almost 700hours across 4 toons ;)

Hi-I-Am-SaniM
08-31-2016, 08:49 PM
So why do you do the weekly maintenance if you are not going to implement or do anything new? please stop trol us guys we already understood u gave op un this game, at least stop trol us by those usless "maintenances" servers are getting unpopolated and everyone is leaving, i will just keep playing cuz i don't have anything better to do honestly.. i'm disappointed ,like everyone else in this forum is.

NitroMidgets
08-31-2016, 08:54 PM
I'll wait until there is official news as to exactly what, how, when we are testing on the Test Server not to mention how we will be sending in feedback and bug reporting.

I DarthOnaga I
08-31-2016, 09:28 PM
Great news. However, many of the bugs are console specific. We're going to need something that will allow console players to test as well before launch.

BOT_Coyote
08-31-2016, 10:28 PM
Haha count me in, been waiting for this since the beta.

NitroMidgets
09-01-2016, 01:20 AM
Wonder how they are going to port our inventory and characters over to the test server since it is likely that some of the very gear they would be moving over would be one of the reasons for the imbalance we have now. Perhaps have everyone begin with a default level 30 character or gear that they want tested? It would waste too much time to require people to level up all over again especially when how balanced and naturally progressing the main story already was.
Meh, I am sure they will explain that more at a later date.

xWhiteDevilx
09-01-2016, 03:36 AM
This is a great news..So, its getting interesting after all..I know people want testing server on consoles as well but it isn't easy..That's why CTE for BF4 came pretty late on Xbox One and that too cause they worked with microsoft to make it happen..It was never implemented on PS4..

WolfSpyda
09-01-2016, 05:32 AM
This is a fantastic Idea and one that I thought should have been used a long time ago.

Its very clear that the majority here haven't been involved in a Public Test before. Porting characters and such ins't used. The easiest way to tell you how it works would be to check out how Blizzard did Diablo 3:Reaper of Souls Public Test Realm. Same game, just 400% higher drop rates on all types of gear and then tweaking of all the skills and loot as they go. Its not a complicated situation and it works very well.

I can understand players wanting Console PTA, and I do think its possible too. they could simple use the Beta file and make the relevant changes there.

tickle360
09-01-2016, 09:09 AM
PC only? Cause PS4 and Xbox has no bugs....

NeoGalaxy
09-01-2016, 09:27 AM
Ubisoft should have had a server like this, way before the launch of the game, but hell Ubisoft never invests in support, technology or... well their own employees. They have a lot of testers but none gives a **** about the games they play, probably that's why most of the games they release are a mess at release. Quite sad to see a company who is incapable of taking care of its own products (games in our case).

Zahnki-CH
09-01-2016, 11:02 AM
Great new but like say NitroMidgets what will be the form of this Public test server? Who will have some access??

Wonder how they are going to port our inventory and characters over to the test server since it is likely that some of the very gear they would be moving over would be one of the reasons for the imbalance we have now. Perhaps have everyone begin with a default level 30 character or gear that they want tested? It would waste too much time to require people to level up all over again especially when how balanced and naturally progressing the main story already was.
Meh, I am sure they will explain that more at a later date.

MadMattatatta
09-01-2016, 01:48 PM
The way this was vaguely hit on in the SoG this morning it kinda sounds like not only will this be tested on PC only, which is fine I understand why, but that only ppl who play on PC will be able to test which i think is bunk. If this is true and not me just pulling conclusions from the vagueness of the stream I think it's wrong anyone who wants to test the game should be able to have their account verified and long in to the test server through pc

balousek
09-01-2016, 05:25 PM
Why can't you let anyone with a UPlay account that is connected to the Division play the PTS on the PC? Then console players can test as well (if they have a PC, but play primarily on console) without purchasing another copy of the game.

hlmcpherson
09-01-2016, 07:14 PM
awesome news! Please help me get The Division on PC so I can help you guys test!

MysticIXINinja
09-01-2016, 07:57 PM
I'm ecstatic over this!

BOT_Coyote
09-02-2016, 03:08 PM

Are you incapable of understanding that the issue isn't that Massive/Ubisoft doesn't want it, instead it's the enclosed nature of the system and money hungry MS/Sony along with their certification process, and that just defeats the purpose.

PTS is going to be a hotfix heaven, meaning a lot of small tweaks deployed rapidly, it cannot work with an obligatory fee and nearly a month of delay.

Keule81_TCH
09-02-2016, 05:49 PM
PTS ONLY FOR PC .... Im for that!!!! Xbox n00bys get the dlc's 1 month before pc players for that *LoL*

And PTS will be amazing ... But i hope that they build in an Copy Action for the Actuell Live-Server Main Char^^

rasselz
09-03-2016, 12:57 PM
PTS ONLY FOR PC .... Im for that!!!! Xbox n00bys get the dlc's 1 month before pc players for that *LoL*

And PTS will be amazing ... But i hope that they build in an Copy Action for the Actuell Live-Server Main Char^^

Your fist comment and you are bashing someone ? if you had no pic in your profile i would assume you are some kid. way to go champ.

FuriousMonk313
09-03-2016, 08:09 PM

I've used to game on consoles but now I'm currently playing on PC. If you are playing on Ps4 for example, any patches or updates made to a game must first past certification by Sony and get Sony's approval before the user would see those changes take place in game. Back when I was on the Ps4, the certification process could take a few days or even a week or longer. On PC they could literally implement patches back to back within minutes of each other... making the process much much faster and a logical choice for addressing this issue in a timely manner.

I know it kinda sucks, but it's not the Devs fault, it's just one of those "cons" that you have to deal with when playing on a console.

LonigusEze
09-05-2016, 08:02 AM

First of all... You act like a child and on top of that, the 1 month exclusivity is for xbox AND PC...

Iam completely fine as a PS4 player that I wont have a chance to play on the PTS. That said I would like to play it, but I fully understand the reasoning behind having it only on PC. Running three PTS servers would be completely useless regarding man power needed to mainintain that AND also due to the annoying certification process SONY has with everything.

OillyRag
09-05-2016, 10:33 AM
Why can't you let anyone with a UPlay account that is connected to the Division play the PTS on the PC? Then console players can test as well (if they have a PC, but play primarily on console) without purchasing another copy of the game.

I'm a ps4 player who like a lot of others have a pc too ... I chose to get my copy of the division on ps4 because of the ecosystem rather than despite it. I like the fact you very rarely get hackers and I also like the strict quality controls that Sony impose on developer's.
Of course that has stopped massive being able to put the PTS on ps4 and I'm ok with that. However I would say that I'm not alone in feeling a bit disenfranchised at the moment so please massive give us console players access to the PTS on pc it wouldn't be impossible to validate our accounts and would make us feel involved again.

Thanks ... Please keep listening.

NitroMidgets
09-06-2016, 10:20 PM
A week has gone by since this thread was started.
Are we going to see some more information trickle into the thread by Ubisoft? Would like to know a rough time frame for this and what you are looking to test first.

Ubi-gabelikes
09-07-2016, 11:37 AM
Hey, we'll be providing some more information soon!

/gabelikes

DARKFALL62
09-07-2016, 04:52 PM
A week has gone by since this thread was started.
Are we going to see some more information trickle into the thread by Ubisoft? Would like to know a rough time frame for this and what you are looking to test first. From the video they talked about it being the whole game, but with whatever implementation of the 1.4 patch they have on it at the time, meaning it might be buggy at times, as they work through the issues. They also noted that anything you get on the new server, will not transfer to the regular game. From what they said, you will be able to use existing characters or start a new character, but once again, it will have no effect on the regular servers or your characters there, as it's saving the info separately...

DARKFALL62
09-07-2016, 05:00 PM
Your fist comment and you are bashing someone ? if you had no pic in your profile i would assume you are some kid. way to go champ.
You shouldn't give him a hard time, as it's obvious he recently took a pretty good beating...;)

Zohaib2044
09-21-2016, 07:14 AM
ooo dammm my internet is limited need to download again game for PTS:(

BleeckerT
09-21-2016, 11:00 AM
will we be able to download the PTS before it opens for everyone, i ask because i run a slow internet and have to share with 3 others so i do my game downloads at night when everyone is asleep, usually the 8 hours is about enough for most downloads

JGCreative
09-21-2016, 02:27 PM
I applied for the ETF, was just wondering when my PTS version will be unlocked in my Uplay launcher, or Will I recieve and "password" to unlock the "test version" ?

Thanks in advance <3

grubbins2
09-23-2016, 02:18 AM
Same issue. I was so psyched to try it out today. Fumble #1. :(

I applied for the ETF, was just wondering when my PTS version will be unlocked in my Uplay launcher, or Will I recieve and "password" to unlock the "test version" ?

Thanks in advance <3

tmPH.Code16
09-23-2016, 12:46 PM
How fast your download speed bruh? I checked the FAQ for PTS and its says that you will need to download again the whole game, which is currently 38 GB as of this writing. I will need a whole day to redownload this PTS, which is bummer :P they should instead check if some resources can be reuse for this client so save time in downloading. Not everyone has a gifted MBPS, which i only have max 1.8 mbps! X__X

tmPH.Code16
09-23-2016, 12:51 PM
will we be able to download the PTS before it opens for everyone, i ask because i run a slow internet and have to share with 3 others so i do my game downloads at night when everyone is asleep, usually the 8 hours is about enough for most downloads

How fast your download speed bruh? I checked the FAQ for PTS and its says that you will need to download again the whole game, which is currently 38 GB as of this writing. I will need a whole day to redownload this PTS, which is bummer :P they should instead check if some resources can be reuse for this client so save time in downloading. Not everyone has a gifted MBPS, which i only have max 1.8 mbps! X__X

tmPH.Code16
09-23-2016, 12:52 PM
wrong button lol.

rsmdtrob
09-24-2016, 09:38 PM
@ubisoft,

I see a few guys asking but no replys! Will/could it be possible for guy who own the console version to download and play the PTS on PC without purchassing another copy of the game. Obviously our uplay accounts already know we own the game on console so would it be possible to allow us to download PTS for PC?

Even if it's a no, please put us out our missery :)

Kador_AR
09-24-2016, 10:39 PM
Is the PTS server already online? I can´t find it...

rsmdtrob
09-25-2016, 12:25 AM

Only for ETF guys till Monday 26th!

SkyNet....
09-25-2016, 02:51 PM
I'd love to know when the rest of us PC users can start to download the U1.4 PTS version on Monday 26th.

I'd so pleased with what I've seen from all the twitch feeds and the YouTube videos (thank you to all those that have done this) and now makes me want to get in there and sample this for myself and to help the game continue to move onwards and forward.

PLZREPORTME
09-25-2016, 06:14 PM
yes me too

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 05:13 AM
I'm guessing the release is going to line up with the maintenance starting at 7am UTC, so around 3 hours from now? hopefully It'll finish downloading for me by the time the maintenance is done, looking forward to it.

Augustusdk
09-26-2016, 08:26 AM
Has the PTS for all PC users started? I dont see any game download in uplay.

RLC_SCAVY67
09-26-2016, 08:29 AM
Has the PTS for all PC users started? I dont see any game download in uplay.
ditto

LuigiLogik
09-26-2016, 09:02 AM
I'm guessing the release is going to line up with the maintenance starting at 7am UTC, so around 3 hours from now? hopefully It'll finish downloading for me by the time the maintenance is done, looking forward to it.

guess I was wrong

android_kid
09-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Yeah would be nice to at least be able to pre-download the pts client. Nothing yet for me either.
I really hope it's coming up today as I don't have time to play til Thursday then...

Ubi-gabelikes
09-26-2016, 12:16 PM
Hey. the PTS will be live for all PC players at 2pm CEST | 8am EST | 5am PST.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/780335512951328776

/gabelikes

z03fke
09-26-2016, 01:08 PM
Hey. the PTS will be live for all PC players at 2pm CEST | 8am EST | 5am PST.

Source: https://twitter.com/TheDivisionGame/status/780335512951328776

/gabelikes

Its 2.15 pm cest and not seeing the PTS download...

ceekay.sickart
09-26-2016, 01:11 PM
Its 2.15 pm cest and not seeing the PTS download...

it's here. put on download now.

TAW_Smalljae
09-26-2016, 01:24 PM
So it seems that the PTS download is not appearing for everyone.
My friend was able to download the PTS but some of the others could not because it is not appearing on steam or Uplay for them.
He got it from Uplay

z03fke
09-26-2016, 01:27 PM
So it seems that the PTS download is not appearing for everyone.
My friend was able to download the PTS but some of the others could not because it is not appearing on steam or Uplay for them.
He got it from Uplay

Also using Uplay, nothing yet :(

tsv-strife
09-26-2016, 01:48 PM
I got it on UPlay, but once I press Play, screen turns black and instantly the game closes itself with no error.

NoMaD_Laban79
09-26-2016, 02:17 PM

It is online, i can not fint it in my uplay...got season pass and gold edition

MattTrakker23
09-26-2016, 02:19 PM
I still can´t download

DisturbedJim83
09-26-2016, 02:24 PM
Same here come on Massive you've had 3 whole days and a extra 3 hours to get it sorted

TR.Misterscruff
09-26-2016, 02:25 PM
Still nothing here PC user...... there incompetence holds no bounds Ive come to the conclusion they could not organise a piss up in a brewery.

NoMaD_Laban79
09-26-2016, 02:27 PM
when ppl cant find the PTS in their uplay account....you guys need to do something

ZeRo-NiNjA
09-26-2016, 02:41 PM
it's here. put on download now.

Hi im seeing no link noting to download ? You mentioned its open now but it does not show ??? Can you explain exactly where to look for it? please!?

DisturbedJim83
09-26-2016, 02:42 PM
Yeah I'm coming to the same conclusion if it was the odd mistake here or there I'd let it fly but it's been one screw up after another since release, I'm actually starting to think this studio will either be shut or any future sequels will be given to another studio at the rate and consistency of screw ups from massive.

aldramelech
09-26-2016, 02:58 PM
This is stupid, as the day gets older more people will get home from work and more people will be downloading at the same time, even when it appears the servers going go "Oh for ****s sake!"

NoMaD_Laban79
09-26-2016, 03:01 PM
check now guys, i found it...PTS here i come

aldramelech
09-26-2016, 03:27 PM
check now guys, i found it...PTS here i come

Steam or Uplay? Because thereain't nothing on Steam.

SF_MatrixCPA
09-26-2016, 04:51 PM
Steam or Uplay? Because thereain't nothing on Steam.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1499298-Public-Opening-September-26

It's not going to be available for Steam users will "take longer" so not until "later today".

TG24915193
09-26-2016, 04:56 PM
I doubt it will be on steam today. They'll be heading home soon and will leave it until tomorrow with a big two finger up to everyone waiting.

Aahzmanndius
09-27-2016, 05:00 PM
Hi im seeing no link noting to download ? You mentioned its open now but it does not show ??? Can you explain exactly where to look for it? please!?

It's a separate game on UPlay.

You have to change the filter to "all" games, instead of "installed " games.

How hard is it, to explain this, massive?

P.S. Am, please Ubisoft, would you remove the unreadable Captchss from you forum posts. You must be paranoid.

alica00wanted
09-27-2016, 05:30 PM
Don't bother u aint losing much, games laggs as hell, the same as the first time game was released they're servers ar **** again, game is dead.

Stavros Flatery
09-27-2016, 08:25 PM
Took ages to get in a game today and now the que counts at nearly 600 wtf is going on ,Massive we need more test severs for this please .

tmPH.Code16
09-28-2016, 08:28 AM
Don't bother u aint losing much, games laggs as hell, the same as the first time game was released they're servers ar **** again, game is dead.

Dude, its PTS and don't expect much with the server as it's just a bug testing client. Check also your internet connection and your PC if it need to do a clean up. People nowadays just conclude immediately without doing their own homework.

tmPH.Code16
09-28-2016, 08:46 AM

Dude, its PTS and don't expect much with the server as it's just a bug testing client. Check also your internet connection and your PC if it need to do a clean up. People nowadays just conclude immediately without doing their own homework.

Tex Silver
09-28-2016, 11:21 PM
So I have to have a PC version in order to preview the update? So, how do Xbox and PS players give their opinion of the update? We're just screwed?

John_Wick117
09-29-2016, 11:40 AM
So I have to have a PC version in order to preview the update? So, how do Xbox and PS players give their opinion of the update? We're just screwed?
Not really screwed in any way for not having access to the PTS server, as they also pointed out in state of the game it simply is not possible for them to do it on the consoles or affordable, so the pc PTS is all that will be available.

And with the current changes we have seen and tested it does feel at least for me that they are back at the old feel you had when leveling, and the fact they made it so you have an xp bar and get a reward when it levels up or maxes out, I think of it as rep or proficiency gain compared to actual xp gain.

The weapons are not laser beams anymore takes actual burst fire and control again same as when leveling but that is at lower gearscore level and not that good attachments have not played that much last few days, so it will take me some time to get high end gear again, but so far i am impressed with the changes.

TR-Desert-Rat
09-29-2016, 11:47 AM
Do we know what time the PTS is back up today?

sc00p333
09-29-2016, 12:06 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1500285-Maintenance-September-29th-(PTS)
;-)

Raijin_63
09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
Greetings Agents,

Last week, we announced that Update 1.4 will focus entirely on improving the core gameplay experience, and that we want you to be part of it. Since then, we kick started our Agent Intel (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1309-Agent-Intel) forum section to gather your feedback on several topics, opened registration to the Elite Task Force (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486769-Join-the-Elite-Task-Force), and we’ve seen a lot of very constructive feedback across the forums, Reddit, YouTube and Twitch. The enthusiasm that you have shown to help us make the game better is incredible and only proves that this is an important step in the right direction!

As many pointed out after we announced Update 1.4, a great way to involve you would be to let you try the update before its release. Good news! We are thrilled to confirm that we will be opening a Public Test Server on PC for The Division in the near future.

More details will follow in the coming days, but we wanted to break the news as soon as possible so you can have full visibility on the next steps we are implementing to improve the game.

The article can also be found on the website (http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-265872-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32).

Stay tuned for more!
The Division Dev Team

Hallo zusammen,
hab jetzt 3 tage den Public Server mit den neuen Mods und Level max 229 getestet. sind bestimmt einige e
Errungenschaften mit dabei aber da ich mich das letzte halbe Jahr auf Level 255 gekämpft bzw. gequält habe und ich jetzt froh bin soweit gekommen zu sein macht es für mich keinen sinn mehr hier weiterzumachen wenn uplay das so abändert wie es auf den test Server läuft.

Tex Silver
10-03-2016, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=JesperM79;11968664]Not really screwed in any way for not having access to the PTS server, as they also pointed out in state of the game it simply is not possible for them to do it on the consoles or affordable, so the pc PTS is all that will be available./QUOTE]

Yeah, but that cuts my input. Have to figure anything that bugs me is bugging someone else with the PC version. Kinda sucks.

MSedziwoj
10-04-2016, 12:14 PM
Yeah, but that cuts my input. Have to figure anything that bugs me is bugging someone else with the PC version. Kinda sucks.

Do you understand, what they wrote? They want add access to PTS to all platform, but is kind impossible, and is because console maker, not them.
Is another trade u make using console, u dont have access to some stuff.

AgentGenocitic
10-04-2016, 07:48 PM
sadly test severs will forever be a PC thing and console players are not screwed from testing the patch imo then again not everyone is patient

R1ck_D3ckard
11-15-2016, 03:52 PM
The 1.5 PTS is closed? I cant fint any information. Just cant play.

Oh i found: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1519935-PTS-Forums-Closed-For-Posting?p=12051414#post12051414

dxeh
01-21-2017, 12:27 PM
When will 1.6 pts be live?

Donitr_9550
01-25-2017, 02:59 PM
When will 1.6 pts be live? Also, do we have to reinstall it or use the one we have installed from last time?

AgentOrangeNYC
01-25-2017, 03:45 PM
Are you going to be doing anything about the stability of the server? Not sure how much testing we can do if we are getting kicked off all the time!

Plexteris
01-25-2017, 04:28 PM
What a actual fook, Ubisoft? How I can complete Legendary mission, if I have 20-30 min because of Delta Error? A?

Sha0-khan
05-20-2017, 02:46 PM
greetings agents,

last week, we announced that update 1.4 will focus entirely on improving the core gameplay experience, and that we want you to be part of it. Since then, we kick started our agent intel (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1309-agent-intel) forum section to gather your feedback on several topics, opened registration to the elite task force (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1486769-join-the-elite-task-force), and we’ve seen a lot of very constructive feedback across the forums, reddit, youtube and twitch. The enthusiasm that you have shown to help us make the game better is incredible and only proves that this is an important step in the right direction!

As many pointed out after we announced update 1.4, a great way to involve you would be to let you try the update before its release. Good news! We are thrilled to confirm that we will be opening a public test server on pc for the division in the near future.

The article can also be found on the website (http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-gb/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-265872-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32).

Stay tuned for more!
the division dev team

pessoal ajuda ai
nÃo consigo jogar. Esta dando o erro delta c-1-200 .