PDA

View Full Version : Constantly Crashed from games

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 05:07 AM
**This is a re-post of my old "Constantly Kicked from games" thread, but that title does not give the right impression as I was doing nothing wrong in these games and I feel it is indeed a software glitch or something. If the Mods would like to delete my old message please do so as it is no longer needed**

I need some serious help..... ever since getting the first FB patch this has started..... and its getting worse as time goes on.

The problem is this - I will be playing along when all of the sudden 1 of 2 things happens:

1 - I am sent to the windows desktop regardless of what I'm doing or not. Alt tab'ing or clicking the game button on the tool bar opens the game just to have it close totally.

2 - this is rarer, but the game simply shuts down sending me back to the lobby regardless of what I'm doing, or not. no you have been kicked messages.

both times its as if I pressed esc, disconnect and confirmed. But I don't as I am happy playing. But this constant crashing of the game is really frustrating me and destroying the fun. I hope someone here has suitable skills/knowledge to help me cause I really enjoy this simulation.

Thanks in advance

FuryFighter

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 05:07 AM
**This is a re-post of my old "Constantly Kicked from games" thread, but that title does not give the right impression as I was doing nothing wrong in these games and I feel it is indeed a software glitch or something. If the Mods would like to delete my old message please do so as it is no longer needed**

I need some serious help..... ever since getting the first FB patch this has started..... and its getting worse as time goes on.

The problem is this - I will be playing along when all of the sudden 1 of 2 things happens:

1 - I am sent to the windows desktop regardless of what I'm doing or not. Alt tab'ing or clicking the game button on the tool bar opens the game just to have it close totally.

2 - this is rarer, but the game simply shuts down sending me back to the lobby regardless of what I'm doing, or not. no you have been kicked messages.

both times its as if I pressed esc, disconnect and confirmed. But I don't as I am happy playing. But this constant crashing of the game is really frustrating me and destroying the fun. I hope someone here has suitable skills/knowledge to help me cause I really enjoy this simulation.

Thanks in advance

FuryFighter

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 05:09 AM
Don't have a solution but I usually get a hard lock a day...I have to hit reset every time.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Please repost in technical support along with your dxdaig
Click here for DxDiag_Instructions (http://www.mudmovers.com/tech/system.htm)

XyZspineZyX
10-10-2003, 04:49 PM
Online, offline??? Win98, ME or XP?? How much Ram??
You need to give tons more info than what you are, and as the last poster suggested, put it in the Tech support forum.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755