PDA

View Full Version : For Honor: The Thousand Year War

ZenBearV13
08-31-2016, 04:32 AM
In deference to MisterWillow's fervent appeals to a faction locked multiplayer, I think a great follow up to For Honor would be a prequel game set during the thousand years of conflict before the current time period. Give the developers a few years to really flesh out the mechanics, enlarge the roster for each faction, then have the players actually choose a side. The actions of the players affect the balance of power between the factions, possibly represented on a risk-esque world map, fighting over resources and tactically advantageous positions. You begin with the very basic gear seen in the original campaign trailer and progress up to the "modern" equipment as you gain levels, perhaps affected by faction resource control?

Just an idea that's been bouncing around in my mind lately. I still fully support unlocked factions in the current game for the sake of variety in the first proof-of-concept experiment with the new combat system. As the genre gains critical and financial support we can branch out in different creative directions.