PDA

View Full Version : Cross Platform play

TheBearJew411
08-27-2016, 09:07 PM
Will For Honor be one of the games that will be able to be cross played between Xbox and PC players?

DraxeI
08-27-2016, 10:31 PM
We don't know for sure, but it is unlikely.
Even though it would have worked out great for For Honor as PC players doesn't get any real advantage.

Optionism
08-28-2016, 12:37 AM
This question has already been asked, (not sure if it has been multiple times though) link below:

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1209342-Cross-Platform-Forums

In short, Microsoft and Sony are the companies responsible for what gets X-platformed and what doesn't. In my opinion I am pretty sure only Xbox and their exclusives will be the main ones with the opportunity for cross plat/play, then it will bridge out to companies like Ubisoft or Square Enix etc. etc.

TheBearJew411
08-28-2016, 02:40 AM
Ok well I hope so because my friends and I would love to play together only almost all of them play on PC....I hope so because it does not seem PC would create a balance problem like in an FPS (i.e. Overwatch).

Wildkelju
08-28-2016, 03:15 AM
hmm street fighter 5 was ps4/pc so ...

Optionism
08-28-2016, 03:25 AM
I hope so because it does not seem PC would create a balance problem like in an FPS (i.e. Overwatch).

There is no easy way to go about this...
If we are talking Xbox One to PC, maybe and only maybe if the development team had started the integration of code for cross plat/play early on, there is a chance. While there would not be any advantages from one platform to the other, there still imposes many challenges and maybe a few good months to a year of elaboration between Ubi and Microsoft (in my own opinion) if this game was to go cross plat/play.

Just remember that Microsoft will definitely be more focused on their own ambitions before they start to let others get in to the fun. Cross plat/play is actually a huge selling point of the consoles, alongside the backwards compatibility stuff.

TheBearJew411
08-28-2016, 03:59 AM
That could be a big selling point for Xbox to say hey if you play with us you can play with all your PC friends too.....I mean I doubt it but I can hope.

MisterWillow
08-28-2016, 04:43 AM
hmm street fighter 5 was ps4/pc so ...

Console/PC cross platform is a thing in a lot of games. Rocket League has it with both consoles. The rub is getting the consoles to cross-platform with one another.

If we are talking Xbox One to PC, maybe and only maybe if the development team had started the integration of code for cross plat/play early on, there is a chance.

Or they could implement it months later, like Rocket League did with Xbox.