PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Modern Day Story. (The Past, Present, and Future) [SPOILERS]

SH3RIFFO
08-26-2016, 04:12 AM
Hello and Welcome,

A while back I posted a submission of what I wanted from the future of Assassin's Creed games to be. I have included that I, as well as many other committed fans, would want Desmond's modern day story to be back. Yet some have responded in the comments by shutting down this idea, and claiming that his story is done.

I'm here to talk about how Desmond's story in not only still ongoing, but it is strong and will be in the future games to come. I will be making references to games such as AC:Brotherhood, AC:Revelations, AC:III, AC:IV, AC:Unity, and AC:Syndicate. I will mention my sources and you can see them for yourself.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Beginning with Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, Desmond met Clay, formally known as Subject 16, who was previously announced dead. (More information on how Clay died can be found in Assassin's Creed: Revelation's DLC; "The Lost Archive." - which by the way, also explores the lore of his story as well as Lucy's.) Back to Desmond, upon meeting clay has tried to warn Desmond that is being mislead by Lucy, and that everything he stands for and hopes to become is 'already gone.' He mentions Eden, and how Eve's DNA is the key. Then last but not least, Clay mention's Desmond's Son, right before he vanishes out of low energy. At the end of Brotherhood, Juno forces Desmond to stab Lucy, which Clay already foresaw coming.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
I will elaborate more on that a little later. Next stop, we're going to Assassin's Creed: Revelations. Now that Desmond is in the void, while his physical body was in a coma, he has encountered Clay once more in the animus. Clay has explained to Desmond what he must do to get out and go back to reality, which he needs to find a sync nexus, by doing so, Desmond has also relived as Ezio and Altair one last time, and has learned his purpose and destiny. Clay also mentions he knows all about this stuff because, it happened to him, but he couldn't save himself and go back to his own body because his body was gone and decomposed of. He made it clear that Desmond still had a chance and can be restored to his body by finish unfinished memories and disconnecting from his ancestors. Clay also informed Desmond that he is 'waiting', and keeping the animus distracted as best as he can so Desmond can explore and be given more time, otherwise the animus would hunt him down and delete him like a virus. Later on, Clay suggests that he goes out of the animus with Desmond until he finds himself a body, to which Desmond denies. At the end, Clay clutches Desmond tightly and you can see Clay's fragments falling apart, claiming that he was saving Desmond. That's the last we see of Clay before he vanishes into smaller particles in the animus.

In the DLC, Clay claims that he "Can see, what has been, and what will be." To which Juno replies to him, "Then what you must do is clear, Help Desmond Miles." We also learn that Clay had known of Desmond, way before Abstergo even initiated Desmond's schedule, and has emailed his own father that "There is another that I must help along the same path." Revelations has focused on the heritage of Altair, Ezio, Desmond, and Clay, and has 'revealed' a lot of the lore, both past and present, and even perhaps future.

Assassin's Creed III
After learning much about Desmond's back story in AC: Revelations, and his bartender life, we know that in the end the fate of the world came down to Desmond. During the ending of Assassin's Creed 3, we reach an argument between Juno, Minerva, and Desmond. We learn that the eradication of the world was necessary to save it and start fresh a new from the beginning with Desmond leading humanity, and that was what Minerva intended for,Desmond's legacy. As apposed to Juno, she wanted to conquer the world, by which releasing her she can stop the resurrection, but then she'll be able to conquer the world as well. Juno also showed that history would repeat itself even if the world would start a new. Needless to say, Desmond gave his life to save the world. His physical body burned and he fell. Doomsday approached but Juno's power denied destruction of the world, and so has passed the little natural disasters. We then watch as Juno approach Desmond's body and claim that it's time she player her part to the world.

Assassin's Creed III: Liberation
Though this is more of a standalone game, the ending brings what seems to be somewhat important insight. This project was a little unique compared to the other Assassin's Creed games, particularly because of the Citizen E missions. If you aren't familiar, this game was the first project put out by "Abstergo Entertainment", the home entertainment division of the Templar-run corporation. At the end of the story, once completing the Citizen E missions, the player unlocks 'the true ending' so to speak. When Aveline places the precursor disc, a similar golden hologram of 3 individuals appear. They speak the following:

"Eve will lead us through the war of Generations. There will be a great sacrifice. Great sorrow to end the enslavement of the human race. Now is the time to claim our freedom. Are you with us? I am. Eve will lead us. Eve will lead us."

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
In Black Flag, we learn that Abstergo got possession of Desmond's body and extracted as much from him as they can. Bringing the memories of Edward, and the whereabouts of the observatory. Desmond's body no longer exists as a physical factor, but his story didn't end there.

Assassin's Creed: Unity
In Unity, upon reading the 14th helix entry, a conversation between Juno and another is available to read from. Juno mentions that she plans on hijacking the helix and bringing everyone to 'The Grey' with her. She went on and said;

"TheWorldIsTendingThus.BePatient.InDueTimeAIIWillPl ugIn.NoneWillLeave.NotOne.NotClayNotDesmondNot.All AreHereWithMe.AllLiveInBliss.SoYouMustDoAsWell.SoM ustYouAll.SamplesCollect.DataProvide.ToReviveMyRac e.TheHiddenTwelve.ToRemakeMyWorld."

Now there are theories that Desmond and Clay are both in the Grey with Juno, still awake and alive in subconscious form, like Clay had been previously in AC:Brotherhood and AC:Revelations. Clay seemed to have merged himself onto Desmond before he left, but that's open to speculation and debate. But the fact that Juno herself has mentioned that they are alive in bliss with her begs the question. It could be just a lie by Juno to have everyone killed, or maybe its meaning is literal in which Desmond and Clay will be brought back in the future.

Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
Last but not least, if you open the Encyclopedia in AC:Syndicate, and inside the 'Assassin Intel' section, scroll down to 'Reconstructed Data #010' and give it a listen. We hear Isabelle approaches a genetic doctor of Abstergo and reveals that they have found a special specimen. A sage, who had a patrilineal line of the following; "19th Century American Mid-West, 18th Century American revolution, 16th Century Ottoman, 15th Century Italian Renaissance, etc..." to which Isabelle has announced that the 10 year old boy walked into one of the doctor's clinics with his mother, to which the doctor exclaimed, "I'd really like to scrape him for parts like we did to Subject 17!" "Oh no you don't, you had your chance with the shroud" replied Isabelle and claimed that his methods are inhumane, so instead she plans on placing the boy in an animus for over 50 years to extract the possible data from his lineage, and for now she'll keep an eye on him until the time is right. Sounds familiar doesn't it? This is history repeating itself again, just like it had with Desmond. Oh and in case you haven't caught on, this 10 year old boy is presumed the Son of Desmond, which Clay had tried to warn Desmond about back in AC:Brotherhood. The similarities are uncanny.

CONCLUSION
As you can see, there's not only the possibility that both Clay and Desmond are alive, but that Desmond's Son might just be the future of the Modern Day story line in future titles of Assassin's Creed. I personally would love Ubisoft to head towards this direction, and finish the rest of the unanswered and unfinished things of the previous games such things like 'Eve's DNA is the key,' 'Eve will lead us,' 'The Hidden Twelve,' and many other things that we still wonder today. In terms of sources, I have gotten all of my information from the games themselves, and you can easily check up on this by opening them up yourselves or by search on Google and/or YouTube.

Thank you for reading,
Adios Assassins!

Razrback16
08-31-2016, 03:50 PM
Thanks for taking the time to post all this - I'd certainly love to see a return to more thorough and well-thought-out present day story. I wish Desmond was still around. They were finally making him fun to play and then killed him...

victorbones
08-31-2016, 04:19 PM
I want to play Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood, I never played it