PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Movie DELAYED In The UK!

RinoTheBouncer
08-26-2016, 03:01 AM
EDIT: An article on GameSpot now reports that Assassin's Creed movie has been deleted to January 1st, 2017 instead of December 26th, 2016 or January 6th, 2017.

According to Digital Spy, Assassin's Creed Movie has been delayed to January 6th, 2017 in the United Kingdom. However, the movie will still be released December 21st, 2016 in the US.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a805680/michael-fassbenders-assassins-creed-movie-delayed/

ERICATHERINE
08-26-2016, 05:47 AM
According to Digital Spy, Assassin's Creed Movie has been delayed to January 6th, 2017 in the United Kingdom. However, the movie will still be released December 21st, 2016 in the US.

Source: http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/news/a805680/michael-fassbenders-assassins-creed-movie-delayed/

Which date is it supposed to be for Canada? ^-^

col_96
08-26-2016, 01:54 PM
Personally don't believe this to be true, as the Official AC website still says 26th December.

https://i.imgsafe.org/03c11b02eb.png

pacmanate
08-26-2016, 02:12 PM
Even if it is true, its only a couple of weeks. Most of us will be busy over the holiday period with friends/family/alcohol

cawatrooper9
08-26-2016, 05:22 PM
Looks like the Frye twins are at it again.

If this is true, though, it comes with some negative implications outside of the obvious problems that come with being delayed. January is typically known as kind of a garbage month for cinema. 2016 kind of switched it up a little with The Hateful Eight and 13 Hours coming out, both of which were at least pretty good for January standards.

But it's definitely worrisome. How strange the weeks that mark the difference between a holiday blockbuster release and an early January release can mar a movie's reception.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-26-2016, 05:59 PM
Looks like the Frye twins are at it again.

If this is true, though, it comes with some negative implications outside of the obvious problems that come with being delayed. January is typically known as kind of a garbage month for cinema. 2016 kind of switched it up a little with The Hateful Eight and 13 Hours coming out, both of which were at least pretty good for January standards.

But it's definitely worrisome. How strange the weeks that mark the difference between a holiday blockbuster release and an early January release can mar a movie's reception.

For once, I would like a delay to be a good thing.

Hopefully, this is a good thing...

... Hopefully

ze_topazio
08-26-2016, 07:14 PM
Visual downgrade incoming?

:p:cool:

Sorrosyss
08-26-2016, 07:44 PM
Even if it is true, its only a couple of weeks. Most of us will be busy over the holiday period with friends/family/alcohol

Mmm, true but not for everyone. Most releases in the UK tend to be nearly the same or before the USA. It's pretty unusual for blockbusters to get delayed like this when it's the same language. Hate to say it, but there are people I know that will watch a pirated version purely out of not wanting to wait. I'm not advocating it at all, but it's undoubtedly one of the reasons that does add to piracy. As such, UK figures will suffer I've no doubt. That plus the Internet has a tendency of assuming you've seen a movie on the opening day and all plot points are fair game. That's the ugly truth alas. From my perspective, it means two and a half weeks of ignoring social media and this forum for fear of spoiling the movie. Basically means cutting myself off from my online friends, so it may seem petty to some but it sucks like hell to me. lol

I dunno though. I raised the point before about the wisdom of releasing the same time as Star Wars. I can't help but feel it's been bullied out of screens. I can see the doom and gloom naysayers jumping on AC's weak international figures too - especially as the release dates are so far apart in some territories and with the U.K being one of the biggest of those markets. If true, this sucks. Could easily have been avoided with a better release date though. A simultaneous global November or January release would have been better all round honestly in my view.

pacmanate
08-26-2016, 09:23 PM
Well doesn't anyone think the 21st December is a dumb date anyway?

Releases on a Tuesday, then the 24/25/26th December Cinemas aren't open anyway? So... what's the point?

You will have the 21st/22nd/23rd to show the film, 24/25/26th will be off, then the 27th another showing. In 1 week you have 4 showings of the film, it just seems like poor timing.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2016, 01:28 AM
Visual downgrade incoming?

:p:cool:

Crap!

Dont jinx it!!! :rolleyes:

cawatrooper9
08-29-2016, 04:11 PM
Well doesn't anyone think the 21st December is a dumb date anyway?

Releases on a Tuesday, then the 24/25/26th December Cinemas aren't open anyway? So... what's the point?

You will have the 21st/22nd/23rd to show the film, 24/25/26th will be off, then the 27th another showing. In 1 week you have 4 showings of the film, it just seems like poor timing.

Christmas is actually a pretty big holiday for theaters in the US, at least. It's a weird cultural tradition that many families have.

It's not uncommon at all for a big film to actually premier on Christmas Day. Les Miserables (I'm sure I butchered that), Sherlock Holmes, Django Unchained, even To Kill A Mockingbird were all Dec 25 releases here.

But yeah, the Tuesday date seems poorly planned. I get it, Dec 21, ACIII, satellite launch/solar flare MD fanservice... but I think you could be right that this will negatively affect the film's release at the price of a halfway clever nod to the series.

HDinHB
08-29-2016, 06:12 PM
There are several releases on Dec 21 and then several more on Christmas Day http://www.moviefone.com/movies/2016/december/. The 21st release day is probably more of a happy coincidence that films are moving the typical Friday release up to Wednesday for the holiday weekend.