PDA

View Full Version : 1v1 duels

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 04:27 PM
How will this work because looking at a class based game, 1v1 seems a little...Absurd, is it going to be that you have to play as the same type (Vanguard Tank ect) Is it free selection because that seems unbalanced, Can you switch Heroes based on the enemies class

Optionism
08-25-2016, 04:38 PM
You and your enemy will choose one hero, and remain that hero, just like in dominion. Class abilities are disabled and it is pure fighting for all the bragging rights!

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 04:41 PM
You and your enemy will choose one hero, and remain that hero, just like in dominion. Class abilities are disabled and it is pure fighting for all the bragging rights!

In that case my question comes down to whether this will be a rps combat system and a tank will be able to whoop an assassin. Because if its reliant on who you and your enemy picks then i see this mode dying quickly which i don't want because this seems like something really fun

Optionism
08-25-2016, 05:12 PM
In that case my question comes down to whether this will be a rps combat system and a tank will be able to whoop an assassin. Because if its reliant on who you and your enemy picks then i see this mode dying quickly which i don't want because this seems like something really fun

Unfortunately I cannot answer this question mainly because I cannot find a reliable source to pull from, so until more details are leaked or revealed by the team, I cannot answer with certainty. I do believe though in my own opinion from different videos that it is entirely skill based and not class based.

astro_spacer
08-25-2016, 09:19 PM
As far as class system goes, It has been a huge issue in other medieval fighting games, but the modes don't usually die.
It becomes more about finding unique ways to counter each other's playstyles.

Plus if you beat a class that you had a disadvantage against, you can feel like a badass ;)

*warning, what follows isn't directly related to original post*

Happy to see Duels introduced. Often I find the community splits between players who prefer one on one duels, and those who prefer team battles (Like myself)

Duels are a huge deal to a lot of my friends who I played other medieval fighting games.

Also it settles the whole "Why you no let me 1v1" in team games. It's always been in my opinion, silly to complain about being teamed up on in a team battle.
Now we can rightfully say "If you don't like getting ganked, go play duels"

MisterWillow
08-25-2016, 09:48 PM

The heroes should be balanced enough that anyone can beat anyone else provided they're skilled enough, but I think it would be a mistake for an Assassin to have a particularly easy time fighting a Heavy, or at least, as easy a time as when fighting other classes.

ir0cklee
08-25-2016, 11:17 PM
It's going to come down to skill. I'd compare playing a vanguard to maybe playing Bastion on Overwatch (barely).

It'll be easier to kill less-skilled players with vanguard, as well as easier for new players to pick up and play vanguard, given the forgivability of tank characters.

To that same effect, the assassin will probably be very hard to do well with at a lower skill level. But the skill ceiling will be MUCH higher, meaning you have the potential to reek havoc to the noob-killer vanguards.

Just something to keep in mind.

MisterWillow
08-26-2016, 02:00 AM
It'll be easier to kill less-skilled players with vanguard, as well as easier for new players to pick up and play vanguard, given the forgivability of tank characters.

Just a bit of clarity.

Heavies (Conqueror, Shugoki, Warlord) are tanks.

Vanguards (Warden, Kensei, Raider) are all-rounders.

ir0cklee
08-26-2016, 02:06 AM
Just a bit of clarity.

Heavies (Conqueror, Shugoki, Warlord) are tanks.

Vanguards (Warden, Kensei, Raider) are all-rounders.

Oh crap, yeah, I got them mixed up. lol Thanks for the clarification!