PDA

View Full Version : Question About Alpha And Beta

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 02:37 PM
I registered a while back and decided to check in and saw all these posts about the Alpha
So i got a few questions

When with the Alpha/ Beta come out?

How would i get a key after i registered

Will it come by Email

Is it a key for Uplay?

What are the chances of getting a key

Is a first come first serve

coma987
08-25-2016, 02:50 PM
15th september is the closest alpha.

It will come by email about a week before the test and will give you details about some things.

Chances seem to be pretty low unless you are well known in the community or you are a star player.

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 03:01 PM
15th september is the closest alpha.

It will come by email about a week before the test and will give you details about some things.

Chances seem to be pretty low unless you are well known in the community or you are a star player.
Guess i'm waiting till February

coma987
08-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Guess i'm waiting till February

I mean by low, that there are a lot of people signed up, but a lot of those people will get into the tests, just there is a chance that you might not. So don't be surprised that you don.t

Optionism
08-25-2016, 05:01 PM
September 15th is the Alpha, and sometime in December will be the Beta, which I believe the Beta will be open.

You will receive an e-mail from the For Honor team and there will be no key, you will just be flagged and the game will be in your games list under "For Honor Alpha" or something like that.

As far as how people are picked, it is usually random. There is equal chance for someone high in the community to get in just as much as an average joe who just signed up and took off.

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 05:04 PM
September 15th is the Alpha, and sometime in December will be the Beta, which I believe the Beta will be open.

You will receive an e-mail from the For Honor team and there will be no key, you will just be flagged and the game will be in your games list under "For Honor Alpha" or something like that.

As far as how people are picked, it is usually random. There is equal chance for someone high in the community to get in just as much as an average joe who just signed up and took off.
And is it that the longer you have been signed up the better chances it is?

Optionism
08-25-2016, 05:38 PM

No. As I have said it is completely random, and there is no "determining factors" that will influence you being picked.

Dead1y-Derri
08-25-2016, 06:47 PM

There are no predetermining factors. Its simply a case of luck. For other closed tests in the past you were able to invite people if you had been selected.

IGotNothing111
08-25-2016, 06:51 PM
There are no predetermining factors. Its simply a case of luck. For other closed tests in the past you were able to invite people if you had been selected.
Any chance of knowing the % of who will be selected 25%? 50% 75%

PowerSenpai
08-26-2016, 08:58 AM
Any chance of knowing the % of who will be selected 25%? 50% 75%

Pretty sure there is no way of knowing percentage change. If it as random as other people have stated, then there will be an equal percentage amongst everyone who is not handpicked.

zide-
08-26-2016, 04:40 PM
Since they've been advertising this alpha quite a lot, I think it would be safe to say pretty much everyone who signed will get in.

Twili-letmedie
08-26-2016, 06:47 PM
Which ever method they use, I wouldn't get too hopeful. Just in case. I'm putting the odds of me getting a key very low, just for this factor. I enjoyed the time I had and hope they have some game time in PAX West.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-27-2016, 09:46 AM
Since they've been advertising this alpha quite a lot, I think it would be safe to say pretty much everyone who signed will get in.

Or they just use this as another way to estimate how many people are actually interested in the game, as they usually do.

In a marketing point of view, there's no good reason to let anyone getting an access for the less bad reviews you got, the better you can make them appear as isolated trolling opinions before the mass of happy reviewers. Also all the frustrated people having been unable to actually play the game before release will be even more hyped, as more likely reluctant to believe bad reviews.

Lerneros
08-27-2016, 11:13 AM

*Breathing Heavily* .... trying to keep my head cool X-D

Optionism
08-27-2016, 03:12 PM
*Breathing Heavily* .... trying to keep my head cool X-D

There is still no information whether the December "Beta" is going to happen in December, but seeing as my source was right about Sept. 15th being alpha I am lead to believe my source is on point.