PDA

View Full Version : Back in action

astro_spacer
08-24-2016, 04:29 AM
Been gone too long! I sure do hope my bugsy is still around :)

Missed this community, successfully recovered my account after pain staking months of not being able to access literally anything.

What do you guys hope to see on the new PS4/Xbox one alpha play test?

Just want your general thoughts, curious to see what people have in mind! :)

ZenBearV13
08-24-2016, 06:02 AM
Welcome back astro_spacer, nice to meet ya!

I don't know specifically that the upcoming Alpha will be on console, the previous were PC only, but here's hoping! I myself am dying to get my hands on the Warlord, the Viking Heavy. I was heartbroken that the Knight Heavy wasn't wielding a sword and shield, and while I have come to respect the flail, my heart still belongs to the classic S&B.

DraxeI
08-24-2016, 06:22 AM
Welcome home :o

MrJoker.
08-24-2016, 09:14 AM
Hi,
The latest Alpha Test will take place on all platforms .

coma987
08-24-2016, 09:17 AM
Vape Naysh.

Seth-Abercromby
08-24-2016, 12:11 PM

I don't know specifically that the upcoming Alpha will be on console, the previous were PC only, but here's hoping! I myself am dying to get my hands on the Warlord, the Viking Heavy. I was heartbroken that the Knight Heavy wasn't wielding a sword and shield, and while I have come to respect the flail, my heart still belongs to the classic S&B.

Well, the armor designs of the knights are based on early plate armor which made using shields less important. Conqueror is the only one ind the group that needs a shield to have some protection against his own weapon. Imagine that spiked ball of death deflecting off a piece of armor or shield and coming right back at you. Not a place you want to be in when the only thing separating it from you is what it was specifically designed to defeat.

I think it's good that each character has their own distinct weapon of choice. If S&B is your style, there's hardly anyone stopping you from keeping a Warlord in your back pocket for when you're left with a wildcard pick.

astro_spacer
08-25-2016, 09:10 PM

Such an interesting answer.

I always enjoyed combat without shields, I played a lot of chivalry medieval warfare and shields often came off like a crutch.
I didn't actually realize shields would be in this game! Not that i'm worried, from what i've played every playstyle seems diverse from what i've tested so far.

Happy fighting, and vape the naysh.