PDA

View Full Version : distances

bazzaah2
04-01-2004, 03:54 AM
just wondering how to tell approximately what distance a plane might be - so if I have say a He111 in my spit gunsight, when would I know that it's say 200 or 300m away?

Also now we have that fancy gyroscopic gunsight for the 51, are there any other plans to make other gunsights adjustable?

Any hot tips?

Thanks

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_05.gif

Crashing online as :FI:SpinyNorman

bazzaah2
04-01-2004, 03:54 AM
just wondering how to tell approximately what distance a plane might be - so if I have say a He111 in my spit gunsight, when would I know that it's say 200 or 300m away?

Also now we have that fancy gyroscopic gunsight for the 51, are there any other plans to make other gunsights adjustable?

Any hot tips?

Thanks

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_05.gif

Crashing online as :FI:SpinyNorman

TacticalSkirmsh
04-01-2004, 07:40 AM
Hi mate. Experience. Take those two planes into QuickMission with Icons on. And see exactly how far the wing tips are within your gunsight at 200 metres. Then you will know when there are no icons. But you knew this right?

Regards,
TactS!

"I am not a good shot. Few of us are. To make up for this I hold my fire until I have a shot of less than 20 degree deflection and until I'm within 300 yards. Good discipline on this score can make up for a great deal." (Lt. Colonel John C. Meyer, USAAF)

:FI:TacticalS!

TacticalSkirmsh
04-01-2004, 07:42 AM
Sorry, didn't notice the other question. Yes, there are several planes with this new "automated" gunsight - I think all American, right guys? Tried it but prefer the manual approach. A combination of the auto and keeping the "manual" gunsight might be the way to go.

Regards

"I am not a good shot. Few of us are. To make up for this I hold my fire until I have a shot of less than 20 degree deflection and until I'm within 300 yards. Good discipline on this score can make up for a great deal." (Lt. Colonel John C. Meyer, USAAF)

:FI:TacticalS!