View Full Version : First-person sword fight

MrJoker.
08-23-2016, 02:21 PM
Very interesting :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5w2Mh6CyXo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Cy1vCQGoc

Misterscruff63
08-23-2016, 04:28 PM
Actually that would be a good idea the thought of you actually fighting that way brings a new dynamic to the game.

DraxeI
08-23-2016, 05:24 PM
Actually that would be a good idea the thought of you actually fighting that way brings a new dynamic to the game.

I think the videos are super interesting, but I don't think this kind of camera angle would fit in For Honor.
It would look sort of awkward...? :o

Ubisoft are really good at making their third-person views very "crisp" and intense, I think. Just look at The Division, Assassin's Creed, Rainbow Six & Splinter Cell!

You'd think third-person would ruin immersion, but I think For Honor looks much more immersive than say Chivalry: Medieval Warfare

MrJoker.
08-23-2016, 05:27 PM
Imagine against 2 or 3 opponents in first-person mode :)
It would be very dynamic. I also think that this view is not suitable for For Honor .

Misterscruff63
08-23-2016, 05:33 PM
The only restriction is you dont get a 360 panoramic view, which like you say is not ideal.

yote224
08-23-2016, 06:00 PM
I like that combat sport that has been being promoted... forget the name of it but it's viewed ringside like a boxing match. It let's you appreciate the more subtle things like footwork and the like.
There are very few first person games with melee combat that I enjoy because they don't suffer from hitbox manipulation.
The mirror's edge games; while not focused on combat itself had a great way of using the view for things like rolls, turning slightly for kicks, recoiling from being hit, tilting for tic-tacs. I think it was great.
Another game that benefited from that point of view is Breakdown. There's a lot of acrobatic techniques like back hand springs, spin kicks, even the punching had head movement involved.

Games like chivalry, I don't really have a nice thing to say about it really. It's a game and it exists.

Were For Honor in first person I'm not sure that I'd be nearly as interested in it. I don't like having to do long precise movements with a mouse and I'm liking the controller oriented gameplay.