PDA

View Full Version : AC IV low FPS at PC? And general AC FPS

iAleric
08-23-2016, 11:32 AM
Hey,
i have a gtx 1060 and i only get around 25-30FPS(right after start when you have to chase the one guy) in AC IV.
Everything runs on Ultra. I can run Crysis 3,GTA 5,DOOM on ultra max settings with more than 70+ average FPS. But i cant handle AC IV??
Ive read that there are some ways to fix it, but which ways are really working? I guess they have tried to fix some stuff?
And ive read many things about a 30 FPS cap on PC Versions of AC.. is this a thing in the other Games after Black Flag?
Because i dont want to buy them if i can only play at 30 FPS in AC Games.

Anykeyer
08-26-2016, 11:01 PM
Disable physx. It doesnt work properly on 10 series anyway (smoke dissipates 100 times faster than it should). When enabled physx always gives a huge performance hit on land (so long as u have a smoke source nearby), AC4's physx implementation is so bad it doesnt even depend on your system's processing power. GTX 770: 20-30 fps, GTX 1080 - well, lol, 20-30fps.

Razrback16
08-31-2016, 03:45 PM
Yep, agreed with Anykeyer - Physx needs to be disabled or it will cause constant stuttering / hitching. I've got (2) Titan X cards and the issue is still present even with that kind of GPU processing power. Turn PhysX off and it's a solid 60fps, smooth as butter.

iAleric
09-03-2016, 05:21 PM
hm ok thanks. im caped to 30fps ... sometimes it shows 65 then it goes down to 30 again... dont know why this sucks a little bit.
How about the latest AC games? Syndicate and Unity? Is there the same issue? Caped to 30 and fps problem?

Razrback16
09-06-2016, 03:23 PM
hm ok thanks. im caped to 30fps ... sometimes it shows 65 then it goes down to 30 again... dont know why this sucks a little bit.
How about the latest AC games? Syndicate and Unity? Is there the same issue? Caped to 30 and fps problem?

I'm not aware of any kind of cap - you might check your NVidia control panel settings to make sure you don't have some kind of Vsync or buffering settings turned on that might be capping your framerate.

Deepo-U
09-06-2016, 11:13 PM

It's because of the double buffered vsync implementation in the game. You can either disable Vsync, or download and try with D3DOverrider: http://community.pcgamingwiki.com/files/file/84-d3doverrider/. If you go with the second option:

Disable Vsync in-game
Enable it for AC4 in the Nvidia Control Panel
Add AC4BFSP.exe in the D3DOverrider interface, set Application Detection Level to Low, set Vsync to off and Triple Buffering to on.

http://i.imgur.com/cAcO8eP.png

I'm not aware of any kind of cap - you might check your NVidia control panel settings to make sure you don't have some kind of Vsync or buffering settings turned on that might be capping your framerate.

You likely don't see the problem if you're playing in SLI, as Vsync works a bit differently then.