PDA

View Full Version : rotating formations - can we get that please?

dreadwolf_mkIV
08-22-2016, 09:16 PM
Playing the demo I noticed something is missing that i've become very accustomed to playing Pillars of Eternity: the ability to rotate a formation.

Currently when a move order is issued the entire hero formation will always orient itself according to where the've come from. Move them north to south -> they will face south. Move them east to west -> they will face west. This is not always optimal. Sometiones I want to move them north to south but have them facing east or west afterwards (with the "tank" in front and the other two behind him). This is especially necessary as Vargus' won't charge trhough friendly characters. So naturally I want him to always be in front (front being where the enemies are - not the direction he was moving in last). Being able to rotate the formation would make that possible without excessive micromanagement.

ItsMrBub
08-24-2016, 04:24 AM
Hello Dreadwolf!

I couldn't agree more with you. Although there are ways around what you're trying to do. But like you said, it's micromanagement, and it takes more time then whats needed. I simply just had Vargus move to a location in front of the other two champions, and then set Vargus to charge.