PDA

View Full Version : ending a mission

malahide
12-30-2003, 06:08 PM
this may sound like a noobish question, but I recently bought IL-2 without the box therefore no manual and I can't (don't know how to) end a mission. I complete the mission, land, turn my engine off, but then I don't know how to end the mission and continue onto the next one. Can anyone help me out?

cheers,
Malahide

malahide
12-30-2003, 06:08 PM
this may sound like a noobish question, but I recently bought IL-2 without the box therefore no manual and I can't (don't know how to) end a mission. I complete the mission, land, turn my engine off, but then I don't know how to end the mission and continue onto the next one. Can anyone help me out?

cheers,
Malahide

steve_v
12-30-2003, 06:24 PM
orig il2 has folder named !MANUAL in directory. 4 languages in pdf.

press Esc

New forums! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif

http://home.earthlink.net/~viner45/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/bowl.jpg

malahide
12-30-2003, 06:36 PM
ok thanks I'll check it out

malahide
12-30-2003, 10:38 PM
There is nothing in the manual about ending the missions...could someone please tell me how to end a mission so I can continue and play the next mission?

Malahide

malahide
12-30-2003, 10:40 PM
p.s. when I push ESC, the only options I have (apart from the controls and etc.) are "Quit mission" (which cancels the mission) and "Return to Mission".

donovanweil
12-31-2003, 02:55 AM
I would also like to know how to complete a mission,it dosent seem to matter if you complete the mission objectives or not,there is still no way to get credit for your efforts! I have never seen a green apply key in the menu.

donovanweil
12-31-2003, 02:58 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donovanweil:
I would also like to know how to complete a mission,it dosent seem to matter if you complete the mission objectives or not,there is still no way to get credit for your efforts! I have never seen a green apply key in the menu.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Extreme_One
12-31-2003, 03:06 AM
Next time you land, taxi to a safe place and speed up time using the time compression key. Hopefully after a while you'll see Mission Complete in yellow at the top of your screen. Then you can press ESC and will see the green apply button.
Hopefully that should see you right.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

S! Simon

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.mudmovers.com/Sims/FB/fb_essential_files.htm).

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg

madsarmy
12-31-2003, 04:40 AM
When you have completed your mission press ESC
then you click quit mission. then you will see the apply button on far right click to move onto next mission.

http://mysite.freeserve.com/fbscreenshots/images/0-picture.jpg

"LOOK MUM NO HANDS!"

donovanweil
12-31-2003, 12:53 PM
Thanks for the quick responses,unfortunatly none seem to work. I didnt mention that I have the original version IL 2 Sturmovik. The only time that I see the Yellow mission complete is after I complete the objectives. This usually means that I am still well within enemy territory,is this when I should be hitting the esc key?

horseback
12-31-2003, 01:51 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by donovanweil:
Thanks for the quick responses,unfortunatly none seem to work. I didnt mention that I have the original version IL 2 Sturmovik. The only time that I see the Yellow mission complete is after I complete the objectives. This usually means that I am still well within enemy territory,is this when I should be hitting the esc key?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It all depends on your personal masochism level. If the whole experience has been a repeating nightmare (i.e., wingmen shooting through you, enemy a/c stopping dead in front of you and colliding, sniper rear gunners taking out your engine from 600+m), I hit ESC as soon as the Mission Success (or Failed)message scrolls on the screen. I then hit the Quit Mission button, and then when the next screen comes up, I click on the Apply button (if it's there-sometimes, the campaign won't let you get away until you've performed some unspecified goal)and move on to the next mission. You do have the option of not hitting ESC until you've killed/eluded that last enemy a/c and safely landed, but the "Success" message usually means it's safe to get out of Dodge immediately.

The Return To Mission option is for those who accidentally hit the ESC key instead of F1 or something. You have to click on Quit Mission and then "Apply" to move on in the campagn in the original Il-2 game.

As a side note, I recommend printing out the manual and putting it in a loose-leaf notebook for future reference, along with the Readmes and so on for all the patches. I do recommend downloading & installing the patches for Il-2 Sturmovik as well, because it gives you a much bigger plane set and better Flight Models (FMs) and Damage Models (DMs). It will, however, cause some problems for you in the campaigns because the Artificial Intelligence (AI) piloted planes have a simpler FM and DM, allowing them to follow the original script more easily.

You might want to try to find the Barbarossa Campaign for the original Il-2. It has 250 missions (I'm on something like the 100th mission right now) for the LW in both the FW-190 and the Bf-109, and a bit more realistic.

If you're in the US, and you have a 56K modem, the downloads may be a bit much. Drop me a line at horseback53@cox.net, and we can arrange for me to make you a CD/R with the needed downloads.

Cheers

horseback

"Here's your new Mustangs, boys. You can learn to fly'em on the way to the target. Cheers!" -LTCOL Don Blakeslee, 4th FG CO, February 27th, 1944

donovanweil
12-31-2003, 03:02 PM
Thank you for your detail description of what to do to solve my gaming issue.

It worked GREAT and you have made me very confident in purchasing Ubi Soft software again in the future!

Thanks