PDA

View Full Version : Is it good to buy games from friends?

Ashwiniviolet
08-22-2016, 11:58 AM
My friend have all assassin's Creed pc games upto assassin's Creed syndicate.
He selling them now cheaper than original price, but i have a question is it okay to buy games from friends??
It's legal???
Any disadvantages???
Please help me by giving your valuable advice guys.
Thanks in advance.

Farlander1991
08-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Except the first Assassin's Creed, all pc versions are linked to a Uplay account. Maybe things have changed since I last bought a Uplay disc version (that was a long time ago, I buy mostly digital games for PC now), but usually the disc comes with just one Uplay activation code, so if your friend has used them then you won't be able to play the games without buying a separate new version. So I would recommend getting just the first game.

cawatrooper9
08-22-2016, 02:16 PM
I'd double check with the PC forums, too. They'd be able to tell you for sure if it'd work.

ERICATHERINE
08-22-2016, 03:01 PM
I'd double check with the PC forums, too. They'd be able to tell you for sure if it'd work.

I see your approaching of 2000th comment. How do you feel about it? ^-^

Locopells
08-23-2016, 12:35 AM
Except the first Assassin's Creed, all pc versions are linked to a Uplay account. Maybe things have changed since I last bought a Uplay disc version (that was a long time ago, I buy mostly digital games for PC now), but usually the disc comes with just one Uplay activation code, so if your friend has used them then you won't be able to play the games without buying a separate new version. So I would recommend getting just the first game.

Yep Uplay, et al, basically nerfed the 2nd hand market for all post ACII games. Sorry :(

Ashwiniviolet
09-12-2016, 03:54 AM
Thanks guys for help. I'm going to buy new games. I already bought ac2 and brotherhood, they are amazing...