PDA

View Full Version : Saracen Faction

ZenBearV13
08-22-2016, 07:19 AM
As a follow up to my Ancient China Faction thread, I'd love to brainstorm about a Middle Eastern Faction as well. Apart from turbans and scimitars that look flashy but can't stand up to a six shooter (https://youtu.be/7YyBtMxZgQs?t=10s), I don't know a ton about them either. They were a faction that actually did fight against knights, so they're obviously of comparable threat.

AvarusTyrannus
08-22-2016, 08:00 AM
I think this, China, Greek/Roman, and Aztec are the most often suggested "DLC" factions. To be honest I favor this one over the others, and would love to play as a Janissary or some such, but don't think it's likely.

Also I think the factions they picked were because they were distinct styles of warrior culture or at least our popular culture perception of them, honor for knights, perfection for samurai, passion for vikings. I'm sure someone will argue with me about vikings being honorable too or samurai being passionate about battle as well, yes yes I know, but in simplest terms if you had to pick one thing to focus on maybe not historically accurate but accurate to our perception of the culture...

Anyways surely each of those other cultures I mentioned above would fit into the same categories right?

dapheenom
08-22-2016, 01:48 PM
As I mentioned in your other thread, I'd opt for the Rajput over any other faction. They have all of the weapons that the Saracen have like scimitars, axes, and shields, as well as the khanda straight sword, katar, chakram, trident, and the whip sword(!).

MrJoker.
08-22-2016, 02:34 PM
I think that every new faction will be good for the players. More content = Better for us :)

Voidrek
08-22-2016, 06:29 PM
This probably sounds corny, but I still have a fondness for the old school Drizzt novels from back in the day. I am not sure dual scimitars is a legitimate fighting style, but I would love to see it come to life with the great animations that For Honor brings to the table.

You could mess around with dual scimitars in the Souls games, but as amazing as those games are, animation is not one of their stronger points, lol.

ZenBearV13
08-22-2016, 08:02 PM
This probably sounds corny, but I still have a fondness for the old school Drizzt novels from back in the day. I am not sure dual scimitars is a legitimate fighting style, but I would love to see it come to life with the great animations that For Honor brings to the table.

You could mess around with dual scimitars in the Souls games, but as amazing as those games are, animation is not one of their stronger points, lol.

Gotta agree with you there. The Souls Series has really lost a lot of its draw for me ever since I played For Honor in the first Alpha. :D

I'm a huge Salvatore fan too, own all his books in the Drizzt series and the Cleric Quintet, as well as a few of his unrelated works. Dual scimitars would be great!

Voidrek
08-22-2016, 09:20 PM
Yeah, I still enjoy the Souls games, but they need to take a little break and bring them up to snuff from an animation and graphical standpoint. I feel like they have been pumping them out a bit too quick, even though I think Bloodborne was really good. Still, FromSoftware's level and creature design is top notch.

And yeah, I am still a bit ticked Salvatore never followed up the Cleric Quintet with anything other than cameos in the Drizzt series. Also, didn't the Demon Wars Saga end abruptly as well? Damn...

But yeah, a dual scimitar style would be sick with this type of animation system. it would probably be the Assassin type class or maybe the Hybrid.

I do wonder, though, if DLC factions are in their plans or not. They may just focus on adding to the existing three factions and may wait for a potential sequel to bring in new factions. Who knows, though. They haven't given an outline or description of what their Season Pass is going to be, right? It will be interesting to see what it contains once the details are revealed.

AvarusTyrannus
08-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Why not just do sword and claw gauntlet? Was always my favorite Prince anyways.
https://i.ytimg.com/vi/c36w-OXhRhI/maxresdefault.jpg

Drake_Nightmare
09-13-2018, 09:23 PM
Don't forget the Saracens

UbiInsulin
09-15-2018, 01:00 AM
Thread closed due to being over 2 years old.