PDA

View Full Version : Updated Art of Battle Control Scheme

dapheenom
08-21-2016, 03:05 AM
Very soon after For Honor was announced at E3 2015, we were presented with an article that detailed Jason Vandenberghe and Ubisoft Montreal's innovative "Art of Battle" control scheme. In the time since the original article and this accompanying image (http://static9.cdn.ubi.com/resource/en-CA/game/forhonor/game/aob_controller_image_article_208796.jpg) were released, there have been additions to the gameplay and control scheme. As it currently stands--

LS: Movement
L3: Sprint
L1: -
L2: Guard (Duel) Mode
D-Pad: Activate (one of four) Feats
RS: Guard (Attack) Direction
R3: -
R1: Light Attack
R2: Heavy Attack
Square/X: Guard Break, Execution 1
Triangle/Y: Emote, Activate Revenge, Execution 2
Cross/A: Dodge
Circle/B: Cancel Heavy Attack, Revive Teammate

Since that time, we have come to learn the functionality for the bolded terms have been added. Notably missing are actions activated by pressing L1 or R3. Or are there? I've followed every scrap of news very closely since that reveal over a year ago, but it's entirely possible that I missed something along the way.

yote224
08-21-2016, 03:25 AM
Other than combination presses/uses that looks correct and up to date.
Double X for throw
L2 L2 for switch target
And the functionality that heavy attack is also a timed parry.

Pallbearer7
08-21-2016, 05:56 AM
I have seen in videos from Gamescom that L1 is for "quick chat". Just instantly saying things like "Sorry" "Thanks" "Hello". I think there are only three choices shown as of yet, something along those lines. We really need an update scheme.

Also do you only block when you hold down L2? If you don't hold it you don't block?

MisterWillow
08-21-2016, 06:34 AM
Also do you only block when you hold down L2? If you don't hold it you don't block?

Correct.

To be redundant, L2 engages 'Guard Mode'. If you aren't guarding, you aren't blocking. You're eating hits.

Fatal-Feit
08-21-2016, 01:32 PM
I have seen in videos from Gamescom that L1 is for "quick chat". Just instantly saying things like "Sorry" "Thanks" "Hello". I think there are only three choices shown as of yet, something along those lines. We really need an update scheme.

You can also hold R1 or R2 for more options.