PDA

View Full Version : Pre-ordering question

Skole92
08-19-2016, 08:07 PM
Hey fellas,

First of all, sorry if this is in the wrong forum section.

I've got a question about pre-ordering For Honor. I'm interested in a hard copy of For Honor: Gold edition, and even possibly Collector Edition.

For the sake of the question, let's say i want the Gold one.

You see, where i live, there is this stupid customs law that states if you buy anything over 70 euros, you will also have to play tax for that item which is about 30% of the original price.
So if i were to pre-order the Gold edition which is about 89 euros if i'm not mistaken, will the customs keep the game until i pay that additional tax?

If i were to buy the standard/deluxe edition that you can pre-order for 60 euros i doubt there'd be any problems at all.

If this is true, it would really suck for me because on top of the 90e i'd have to pay 30e more which is not really affordable for me..

I'm aware i can get the game on steam, but for the same money i'd like that hard copy instead.

Can anyone shed some light on this topic please? Btw, i'm from Serbia.

Thank you

DraxeI
08-19-2016, 09:06 PM
Have you looked for a retailer within Serbia?
I'd imagine if you bought something from within the country you won't have to pay any sort of customs.

Skole92
08-20-2016, 05:35 AM
Have you looked for a retailer within Serbia?
I'd imagine if you bought something from within the country you won't have to pay any sort of customs.

It's funny and yet sad to say that no retail store has even heard of For honor here in Serbia.

So i'm afraid my only options are pre-ordering it, or buying it on steam.

And speaking of which, do i get the same deal and benefits if i pre-order it online, or buy it on steam?

Thanks,

zide-
08-20-2016, 11:01 AM
Gold version you don't need to pre-order from Ubi Shop, so you can use your local game retailers if you want to pre-order that. Collectors edition however to my understanding is Ubi Shop exclusive, so if you want it, seems like you need to prepare to pay quite alot for it. How customs work in general is that if the package gets "caught" with customs, they will infrom you about it and you need to go there and pay the fee before they hand your package to you. Sometimes though expansive packages slip through the customs and you don#t need to pay any extra fees. This usually can happen if the original price tag is not marked on the package label but I would not count on it or gamble if you are short of dosh.

Skole92
08-20-2016, 07:42 PM
Gold version you don't need to pre-order from Ubi Shop, so you can use your local game retailers if you want to pre-order that. Collectors edition however to my understanding is Ubi Shop exclusive, so if you want it, seems like you need to prepare to pay quite alot for it. How customs work in general is that if the package gets "caught" with customs, they will infrom you about it and you need to go there and pay the fee before they hand your package to you. Sometimes though expansive packages slip through the customs and you don#t need to pay any extra fees. This usually can happen if the original price tag is not marked on the package label but I would not count on it or gamble if you are short of dosh.

I think i'm going to wait until January before doing anything really.

A lot more info about the game will come out, and perhaps retail stores here in Serbia will start recognizing the game and even start stocking up.
If everything fails, i guess there's always steam :)

Thanks for your input buddy.