PDA

View Full Version : Go read the division posts before launch

NORTHBOERN
08-19-2016, 07:50 PM
And then compare them after launch. I saw the trailer for this game, and immediatly said, that's the game I've been waiting for. I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for this game. Ubi is really good at advertising. Money is made from initial sales, not maintaining the product.

Pallbearer7
08-19-2016, 09:26 PM
I would play devil's advocate and say that a lot of people have already played this at events and closed tests, coming back saying that the combat system is fantastic and it's really fun to play, which is pretty much the drawing point for this game. They already have it pretty well done. So I'm gonna maintain my hype. They could mess it up in different ways, and I'm willing to say that the UI could be waaaaaaayy better than it is now. But the combat seems good.

Fatal-Feit
08-19-2016, 09:30 PM
Unlike The Division, nothing have been downgraded or scaled back so far. The UI have gotten more and more intrusive, but I don't think that counts as a downgrade.

yote224
08-19-2016, 09:39 PM
@funky
How many tests did the division have before release? I think he might have some valid concern.

This is a topic that comes up every now and again. At first I was extremely skeptical. One of those too good to be true scenarios, if you will. I don't think the downgrades are the division's problems but more the gameplay, features, little effort into anti cheat, etc etc are the actual problems.

As it stands these are still issues that I'm waiting to see be addressed in For Honor though I'm personally remaining optimistic as we still have 6ish months left to go and much is subject to change in that time.

Voidrek
08-19-2016, 09:47 PM
This game reminds me more of the first couple of Assassin's Creed games where Ubisoft let a really passionate director deliver on his vision.

Now, as yote said above, there are still some issues that could plague this game upon release, but lets just keep giving our feedback during the upcoming tests and try to make the game as good as possible.

handheld brando
08-19-2016, 10:30 PM
This game reminds me more of the first couple of Assassin's Creed games where Ubisoft let a really passionate director deliver on his vision.

Now, as yote said above, there are still some issues that could plague this game upon release, but lets just keep giving our feedback during the upcoming tests and try to make the game as good as possible.

Meeting Jason at E3 and getting to meet some of the For Honor team was incredible.

Seriously all of their passion and excitement for the game and getting to show it off was contagious and I found myself grinning like a big idiot hearing them talk and oozing with passion for their game. Jason also got that swagger that you can't find anywhere else.

Voidrek
08-19-2016, 11:09 PM
Meeting Jason at E3 and getting to meet some of the For Honor team was incredible.

Seriously all of their passion and excitement for the game and getting to show it off was contagious and I found myself grinning like a big idiot hearing them talk and oozing with passion for their game. Jason also got that swagger that you can't find anywhere else.

That's awesome. And yeah, their passion is pretty evident in every interview you see with them. Now I am just hoping that the game does well on the market so we can get more of them, lol.

Oh, and when I say more of them, I don't mean annual sequels, heh.

Pallbearer7
08-19-2016, 11:52 PM
@funky
How many tests did the division have before release? I think he might have some valid concern.

This is a topic that comes up every now and again. At first I was extremely skeptical. One of those too good to be true scenarios, if you will. I don't think the downgrades are the division's problems but more the gameplay, features, little effort into anti cheat, etc etc are the actual problems.

As it stands these are still issues that I'm waiting to see be addressed in For Honor though I'm personally remaining optimistic as we still have 6ish months left to go and much is subject to change in that time.

I honestly don't know, I've never played the Division. But it's an MMO and with that genre they have, honestly, a lot more that they've got to deliver on in order to keep players coming back as much as an MMO wants. For Honor doesn't have the same struggles. There doesn't necessarily need to be balance for bullet spongy stuff, or intense amounts of weapons with different important stats, there doesn't need to be a huge end-game experience different from the early game. It's just completely different. I think it's a lot less likely that they can mess up For Honor in the same way.

I definitely think the UI HAS to do one of three things. 1. Be reworked, it's just way too intrusive. I believe the devs started with small ideas for the UI and built upon them over and over and over until they had all the elements they thought you needed to see during gameplay. This has caused it to look like a car pileup instead of something designed from the ground up with all other elements of the UI in mind. It gets crazy hectic. They could also 2. Allow UI mods, sort of like World of Warcraft. Allow the users to create UI modifications and change the way it looks or what information it displays. Could create some balance issues though, and generally I don't think Ubisoft would do this. Or 3. allow us configuration options for the UI. Changing scaling, choosing what parts to display or not display, perhaps even colors, though that's kind of unnecessary.

Any of these three options would fix the biggest elephant in the room about the game right now, which is the UI. I just hope it gets sorted out somehow.

NephthysIV
08-20-2016, 12:55 AM
And then compare them after launch. I saw the trailer for this game, and immediatly said, that's the game I've been waiting for. I wouldn't get my hopes up to high for this game. Ubi is really good at advertising. Money is made from initial sales, not maintaining the product.
No if you would habe watched the gameplay trailers and videos you would have known that the devision will be a bad game. At least after the beta you should have known this. I knew it after playing the beta for 5 min. But because of my friends I played another 2 hours. They needed a bit longer to realise that.

And you should really never rate a game or anything else after a trailer... That is just a stupid thing to do.
The most important thing, the core gameplay is really good in For Honor. You could tell it from the gameplay videos and I had the chance to convine myself about it in the technical test.

The Devison gameplay is just bad, like in many other Ubisoft games like Assassin’s Creed or Tom Clancy's: Ghost Recon Wildlands. I really can't understand why such games are so successful.

Rainbow Siege is a Ubisoft game with really good gameplay, but it had many problems in the beta and the launch. But they are still working on it and the game is still improving. Which of their product are they not maintaining???
You don't have to worry if the core gameplay is good. Of course they can crew up an many different ways but be more optimistic.

For Honor is already really good and has only small problems that every game in this state has, like balance or some missing freatures. The only big problem is no dedicated servers and I hope the devs listen to us and that we get them fast.

And Ubisoft isn' evil. At least they change the scenario of their successful games (Assinin's Creed) and they have always some new game brands. I hate their open world formula but they are successful with it. Why should they change it?

NORTHBOERN
08-23-2016, 10:15 PM
The montreal team involved in this game did a great job on another title I really enjoyed. Heres a question for you, how about the lag on all muliplayer ubisoft games? we can pretend it isn't there, but if you really play them, its the same on every one. If I hadn't jumped head first into the division then watched it tank, a game with unbelievable potential, I'd pre order this one. I still might, If I could read some legit players reviews, with time in the game, like some actual play to end game time.

PowerSenpai
08-26-2016, 08:49 AM
To me, i was always skeptical of the division. Contrary to what everyone said, i did not really see the game as something so unique and cool, but rather as another mediocre shooter. I was also skeptical of For Honor, but with a positive outlook. I got to try it out, and i can't say much about it (NDA) but i was not dissapointed, and my fears have been removed. The game looks to be a very different example than the divison to me.