PDA

View Full Version : Anyone that is in gamescom?

coma987
08-19-2016, 10:38 AM
They did a masterclass but didn't stream it. Was anybody there and can give us some info as it was meant to talk in depth about the characters.

Stainless001
08-20-2016, 12:35 PM
They did a masterclass but didn't stream it. Was anybody there and can give us some info as it was meant to talk in depth about the characters.

For Honor Community Reporter here!

I was at the masterclass and equally have recorded a few interviews witht eh Dev's. I'm currently putting together a few videos that will hopefully share a lot of the info that was dropped at Gamescom and will try to remember to post them here but if not they'll be on my channel which you can find at: youtube.com/mrstainless001

DraxeI
08-20-2016, 12:56 PM

I was at the masterclass and equally have recorded a few interviews witht eh Dev's. I'm currently putting together a few videos that will hopefully share a lot of the info that was dropped at Gamescom and will try to remember to post them here but if not they'll be on my channel which you can find at: youtube.com/mrstainless001

Sweet! Thank you!

handheld brando
08-20-2016, 04:10 PM

Looking forward to it community reporter bro!

MisterWillow
08-20-2016, 10:23 PM

https://greatseaurchinceviche.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/whos-awesome-youre-awesome.jpg

Stainless001
08-21-2016, 04:51 PM
Oh you guys!

FredEx919
08-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Good stuff Stainless001, Looking forward to checking out your videos.

Master-Lasse
08-22-2016, 04:38 PM
For Honnor was without a doubt the most exciting game at the whole show, no joke. Sadly, the waiting lines were extremely long (2-3 hours at least on Friday) and there was a separate line for single player as well as multiplayer. My experience is thus only with the single player.

The demo was easy enough so that I could figure out the defence mechanics. In the beginning I was waiting until the attack was thrown before I decide to guard left, right or up. Then after about 5 minutes of defence practice, I luckily figured that the stance of the opponent already depicts which direction the attack came through. Thus, it wasn't necessary with lightning fast, fighting game reflexes in order to consistently block all attacks. Since I did not play multiplayer, I have no experience if stances can get switly hidden before striking, making it more reflex reliant after all.

I had to rely on the guard crush immediately after blocking attacks when fighting the boss-like characters. I sadly did not discover how to instantly attack after blocking. Moves seem to come out a little slow straight after, thus guard crush was a necessary follow-up. Maybe I missed something since I only had the moves list/controller overview to go by. Does the game actually feature some form of "Issen" attack from the Onimusha series? Issen attacks were my favorite thing about Onimusha because it required precision timing and was tighter the stronger opponent you faced.

I managed to get through the demo and take out the final boss without dying and I played as a female knight. Maybe she was particularly easy to control compared to the others? Anyhow, the reason I TRULY like this game so far is because it rewards you for being defensive. Mind you, I only played it once, but it felt "Japanese" in its playstyle, demanding patience and precision rather than random, aggressive attacking that, in my opinion, most western style games tend to unfortunately share too often.

I haven't preordered the game yet because I am waiting for news about a PS4 Neo first. Watch Dogs 2 however, was preordered for the Xbox One because that game comes out much sooner and I cannot trust a NEO being out by then :)

Can't wait to see the videos on Stainless001's YouTube channel!

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2016, 07:11 PM
Does the game actually feature some form of "Issen" attack from the Onimusha series? Issen attacks were my favorite thing about Onimusha because it required precision timing and was tighter the stronger opponent you faced.

The Kensei and Orochi has something like that.

Master-Lasse
08-23-2016, 11:43 AM
The Kensei and Orochi has something like that.

Ah, really? So it's only possible with the Samurais? How does the Issen attack behave with them? Does it function in the same way as in Onimusha, were you have to hit the attack button within a very specified frame window, and if you miss the timing, you will be hit by the opponent's attack?

From reading more posts on the forum, I now see that there are perfect parries in the game. When I tested the demo at GamesCome, I always tried to do a block at the very last timing, similarly to how "Guard Impact" in Soul Calibur works. However, during play I discovered that you only need to hold guard in the same stance direction as the opponent attacks from, and as long as you remain in the same stance and then hit the same direction, you will be able to guard. However, is a perfect parry a guard that is done at the very last minute, like those Guard Impacts?

During the demo, after I blocked an opponent's strike, I had a hard time hitting back at the opponent without him being able to parry my own follow-up attack. Is this because I wasn't doing the perfect parry? In other words, would a perfect parry give you enough frame advantage that would lead to a confirmed attack follow-up? If so, has anyone discovered the exact frame advantages given yet?

The lines were so long that it was impossible to test the game more than once unless you were willing to forfeit all other games at the show.

handheld brando
08-23-2016, 11:56 AM
Ah, really? So it's only possible with the Samurais? How does the Issen attack behave with them? Does it function in the same way as in Onimusha, were you have to hit the attack button within a very specified frame window, and if you miss the timing, you will be hit by the opponent's attack?

From reading more posts on the forum, I now see that there are perfect parries in the game. When I tested the demo at GamesCome, I always tried to do a block at the very last timing, similarly to how "Guard Impact" in Soul Calibur works. However, during play I discovered that you only need to hold guard in the same stance direction as the opponent attacks from, and as long as you remain in the same stance and then hit the same direction, you will be able to guard. However, is a perfect parry a guard that is done at the very last minute, like those Guard Impacts?

During the demo, after I blocked an opponent's strike, I had a hard time hitting back at the opponent without him being able to parry my own follow-up attack. Is this because I wasn't doing the perfect parry? In other words, would a perfect parry give you enough frame advantage that would lead to a confirmed attack follow-up? If so, has anyone discovered the exact frame advantages given yet?

The lines were so long that it was impossible to test the game more than once unless you were willing to forfeit all other games at the show.

A perfect parry is done by pressing the heavy attack attack button just before the attack hits you. However, your guard must be on the same side as the attack and you must press the heavy attack button at the precise moment otherwise you will parry too early and eat a ton of damage.

https://youtu.be/FZO4iyF51f0

There is a few perfect parries in this fight here. The first one is at 23:17.

Fatal-Feit
08-23-2016, 04:44 PM

The window of frames are not as strict and the attack itself isn't very lethal. There is no charging and drawback to missing. Think of it as more of a free hit if you successfully dodge an opponent's attack. A complimentary to their agility. I believe the Kensei can perform it without needing to dodge any attacks. It's simply performed by using a light attack right after a side dodge.