PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection PS4/Xbox One

Pages : [1] 2

pacmanate
08-18-2016, 12:50 PM
EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZPQ2ijCgVw

Link to the article - http://www.shopto.net/news/52132/Assassin-s-Creed-Ezio-Collection-for-PS4-Xbox-One-listed-by-Korean-Ratings-Board

http://i.imgur.com/zh3Me1A.jpg

Article states that the Korean Ratings Board don't normally leak stuff before its announced, and with no AC game could there be some truth to this? I would buy it.

Sorrosyss
08-18-2016, 12:54 PM
Remasters are all the rage at the minute. Even EA has jumped on board now despite being against it before. Wouldn't surprise me I suppose. I personally think they should release the Collection that is on PS3, as that covers 1 - 3. You'd still be missing Rogue and Liberation on current gen though.

pacmanate
08-18-2016, 01:08 PM
I think the best thing Ubisoft can do bundle wise is just the Ezio games. He is undoubtedly the most all around loved character, hence 3 games.

MikeFNY
08-18-2016, 01:10 PM
I think the best thing Ubisoft can do bundle wise is just the Ezio games. He is undoubtedly the most all around loved character, hence 3 games.

He is, but it would be foolish not to include the I and III, I'd say release the same stuff as in the Anthology collection for PS4.

After all nothing happened story-wise after ACIII.

pacmanate
08-18-2016, 01:13 PM
He is, but it would be foolish not to include the I and III, I'd say release the same stuff as in the Anthology collection for PS4.

After all nothing happened story-wise after ACIII.

Well, to be honest. I agree, as that is an entire story arch. But 1,2,ACB,ACR,AC3... that won't be $60 worth, it would be more. It would impact sales for sure. 3 games for $60 as a remaster with all DLC fits a $60 price tag, not 5 games

DarkApprent2012
08-18-2016, 02:28 PM
Hopefully then they will add certain features like replayable dna sequences to AC II. It would be wise to just touch up the graphics a little but not overhaul it completely to look like AC Syndicate because you would loose the classic feel to it.

pacmanate
08-18-2016, 03:04 PM
Hopefully then they will add certain features like replayable dna sequences to AC II. It would be wise to just touch up the graphics a little but not overhaul it completely to look like AC Syndicate because you would loose the classic feel to it.

Nah, they wont do a graphic overhaul due to different engines.

SixKeys
08-18-2016, 06:43 PM
This doesn't make any difference to me as a PC player, but I think it's dumb to not remaster the first game before the sequels.

ze_topazio
08-18-2016, 07:16 PM
You can't stop the Ezio train.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61467-assassin-s-creed-ezio-collection-sur-ps4-et-xbox-one-nous-vo

French website Gameblog has inside info, says it's true.

I'm not in favor of such recent games being remastered, but if they're doing this, this better have some serious improvements, like 60fps, more people on the streets, animals on the streets, better animations for Ezio, a scooter, maybe some extra quests and tombs, getting rid of those damned color filters, seriously, some time ago I got the PC version of AC2 that I occasionally play when I have nothing better to do, and the difference when you turn off the "post effects" is abysmal, is like two different games, is like PS2 versus PS4, AC2 is gorgeous without the color filter.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2016, 07:45 PM
This doesn't make any difference to me as a PC player, but I think it's dumb to not remaster the first game before the sequels.

I doubt they'll do it though, for a few reasons. The obvious one is that AC1 just isn't as popular; we fans remember it more fondly than most, I imagine, but it actually got pretty mixed reviews at launch. There's that, and the fact that it's honestly aged better than AC2, at least visually. And finally, it doesn't fit neatly within any kind of "bundle." You've got the Ezio trilogy, the American trilogy, the Unity/Syndicate era, and then there's AC1. There's really nowhere to put it, and no compelling reason to make a standalone remaster.

All that said, I'm really not interested in remastered PS3 games unless I missed them on last-gen, so I'll take a pass on this.

Edit- I wonder if they'll do anything with the MP, though? I severely doubt it, but it would be a smart way to lure back people who've already played the games, but miss the classic multiplayer.

crusader_prophet
08-18-2016, 08:10 PM
And finally, it doesn't fit neatly within any kind of "bundle." You've got the Ezio trilogy, the American trilogy, the Unity/Syndicate era, and then there's AC1. There's really nowhere to put it, and no compelling reason to make a standalone remaster.
I'd argue it fits into a bundle titled 'Desmond Miles saga'. And also they can actually make it a prologue to Revelations, otherwise narratively for Ezio trilogy to work, revelations needs AC1.

MikeFNY
08-18-2016, 09:23 PM
I'd argue it fits into a bundle titled 'Desmond Miles saga'. And also they can actually make it a prologue to Revelations, otherwise narratively for Ezio trilogy to work, revelations needs AC1.

Exactly.

I'm afraid this move just confirms what I said in the Animus thread, that the story once told is dead and buried.

It seems this PS4 collections is not targeting newcomers to the series but veterans like us who maybe sold their PS3 console and want to have the Ezio trilogy playable on their PS4s.

I cannot imagine how confused newcomers will be when they plays Revelations which features the likes of Altair, Masyaf, Al Mualim, etc.

And how disappointed they will be at the idea that they will not see the end of the Desmond story.

I don't want to sound too negative but the series doesn't need us, it needs new players ahead of next year's game and I'm afraid this is not how you get new players to get interested in the series.

cawatrooper9
08-18-2016, 09:27 PM
All that said, I'm really not interested in remastered PS3 games unless I missed them on last-gen, so I'll take a pass on this.

Edit- I wonder if they'll do anything with the MP, though? I severely doubt it, but it would be a smart way to lure back people who've already played the games, but miss the classic multiplayer.

You might be surprised. Halo merged almost all of their maps from 1-4 in the Master Chief collection, and once it actually started working it was really cool! Nothing like being in a lobby that played an excellent map from Halo 3, to be followed by your favorite map from Halo 2, then a great Halo 4 big team map. Incredible variety, and just a ton of content.

I wouldn't mind seeing something like that, with ACB and ACR's maps mixed.

DarkApprent2012
08-18-2016, 09:50 PM
Well we will just have to wait and see what they have in store for us. I mean until we get all the details all we can do is speculate after all. I mean sure updated character models and graphics would be cool of course and to be able to replay all the memories more than once. Well we old players like to play this also and new players find this series every year and of course they hear about the old games and then starts to play them also.

Will_Lucky
08-18-2016, 09:56 PM
I don't think Assassins Creed 1 is worthy of a remaster, its simply too flawed a game in the modern era for that. It would be far more suited to remake the game outright using new features that have been passed down from other titles. The investigation missions being replaced outright with more story focused missions such as those in AC2 and beyond.

Not to mention such a title would be more fitting for a special occassion such as the 10th anniversary but its more likely of course we will get Empire then. Perhaps another off year?

Still this remaster can go one of two ways.

One either a straight port from the PC with improvements and refinements so it works properly on modern systems are made.

Two its actually got some effort to it and the engine has been updated across the three titles which allows for more animations for Ezio, and more modern effects the Ezio titles never got to see such as Depth of Field and God Rays. Alongside native 1080p and redone textures it could look absolutely fantastic.

Oh and for the love of god. Fix the sky in AC2.

LoyalACFan
08-18-2016, 10:22 PM

But the "Desmond Miles Saga" would include AC3 and possibly even AC4, and at that point it's too big for a $60 bundle, as Pac said.

Will_Lucky
08-18-2016, 10:56 PM
But the "Desmond Miles Saga" would include AC3 and possibly even AC4, and at that point it's too big for a $60 bundle, as Pac said.

Not to mention it might be a step too far.

AC3 used a heavily modified engine and AC4 used an evolved version of that. While the Ezio trilogy was on a similar engine, its much much easier to remaster that engine, the trilogy using a lot of assets that carried across each other. Upgrading one would do it for all three titles.

Simply put, economically way easier for them to do these three titles. But then again, they've already got AC4 on PS4 so it might be easy to port AC3 over...

ze_topazio
08-18-2016, 11:55 PM
They probably should get rid of the modern day parts for this and maybe explain this as a new Abstergo Entertainment product or better, since the Templars rejected Ezio's memories for their projects before, make this an animus videogame made by the Assassins themselves, illegally uploaded to the Helix to anger the Templars, this way they could advance the modern day story a bit.

Sorrosyss
08-19-2016, 12:32 AM
They probably should get rid of the modern day parts for this.

Heresy! :eek:

In the end, they did the heritage collection three years ago and that came out at a standard price. I see no reason why they can't repeat that release. Maybe even do the anthology version with all DLC for an 'ultimate edition'. Most of these games can be picked up for pittance with last gen second hand copies, lets not overstate their worth. Especially if they end up just porting the pc versions.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/assassinscreed/images/e/e5/AC_Heritage.jpg

Ureh
08-19-2016, 12:35 AM
Well, to be honest. I agree, as that is an entire story arch. But 1,2,ACB,ACR,AC3... that won't be $60 worth, it would be more. It would impact sales for sure. 3 games for $60 as a remaster with all DLC fits a $60 price tag, not 5 games

Neat! I've never played any of the Ezio dlc so I'd probably get this if it included everything.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-19-2016, 02:48 AM

I was just thinking the same thing...

If anything, they should have remastered the handheld games, like AC: Bloodlines and such, for the current gen along with AC1...

SixKeys
08-19-2016, 11:24 AM
I don't think Assassins Creed 1 is worthy of a remaster, its simply too flawed a game in the modern era for that. It would be far more suited to remake the game outright using new features that have been passed down from other titles. The investigation missions being replaced outright with more story focused missions such as those in AC2 and beyond.

In other words take away the things that made the first game unique and interesting and make it like every other game on the market? No thanks.

I'm not in favor of changing the core gameplay when it comes to remastering old titles. Ever. You can recreate something like Space Invaders with better graphics and maybe some extra challenge modes, but don't try to change it into something it never was. The point of remastering is to introduce old games to the next generation, to show off a piece of gaming history in a more polished jacket. AC1 was experimental on purpose. Not everyone liked that. That's fine. But don't try to fit it into a mold it wasn't made for originally. That's disrespecting those of us who love it exactly the way it is and have fond memories of playing a very particular type of experience.

As for bundling, you can always come up with a new way to group things, it's not hard. Liberation, AC3 and Rogue were sold as "the North American saga" bundle and playing just those three games without all the stuff that came before would be confusing as heck to newbies. Bundle AC1 and the Ezio games and call it the "Mentor bundle" or "Master Assassin bundle" or something. I see AC1 going for super cheap these days, the PC version is often about €3 and some XBox bundle gave it away for free when you bought other titles. If they're giving it away more or less for free, what's stopping them from including it in the Ezio bundle?

Edit: If there is one thing they need to do for a remaster is make the AC2 memories replayable.

pacmanate
08-19-2016, 12:25 PM
All of you that want AC1, AC3 and handheld games are super fans. Of course thats what WE want, but would the mass market care?

AC1 and AC3 had massively mixed reviews, not to mention that handheld games aren't nearly as exposed as the console/PC ones so how much revenue would that make?

From a logic perspective, removing myself as a fan and looking in, Ezio games as a remaster makes the most sense. He is pretty much the face of AC, his theme is now the stem of the main AC theme which changes every game, his character has crossed over into other games. It just makes sense.

EDIT - And this is what I mean, I just got this email a few minutes ago, the title speaks for itself.

http://i.imgur.com/KCRvYAl.jpg

MikeFNY
08-19-2016, 01:16 PM
All of you that want AC1, AC3 and handheld games are super fans. Of course thats what WE want, but would the mass market care?
It's the other way round, Pac :)

We already played these games, we know the story, we know the characters, why would I want to purchase this collection when only a few months ago I purchased the Anthology for the PS3?

What will this collection give me that I don't already have? Nothing, I assume.

The mass market cares because they will probably see this as their chance to get to know the series ahead of next year's game and for some, ahead of the movie.

Not to mention those who don't own a PS3 anymore and finally have their chance to play one of the most popular gaming series of the last decade.

But clearly, with AC1 and AC3 missing, there's no way a newcomer will understand the story. I repeat, a newcomer will understand very, very little of the Altair story in Revelations.

This will help the series only if the next game, as I'm predicting, will have very little to do - storywise - with all that happened so far.

m4r-k7
08-19-2016, 06:22 PM
Damn, I wish it had AC 1 included as well! This collection was to be expected though.

Hopefully the collection will have much upgraded visuals and 60 fps, but I honestly think it will be a more simpler port. There are so many games coming out this year I don't even know if I would buy this as its just the Ezio games. I guess if it comes with all DLC I might be persuaded!

Guessing this will be a Gamescom announcement if its coming out in October?

DarkApprent2012
08-19-2016, 06:33 PM
The one thing i want most is to be able to finally replay the memories on AC II like i wanted to on the PS3 and which i tried to get a patch for after 7 years.

Xstantin
08-19-2016, 07:07 PM
And I just hope Venice doesn't have the filter this time (if the collection thingy is real)

Will_Lucky
08-19-2016, 07:14 PM
In other words take away the things that made the first game unique and interesting and make it like every other game on the market? No thanks.

I'm not in favor of changing the core gameplay when it comes to remastering old titles. Ever. You can recreate something like Space Invaders with better graphics and maybe some extra challenge modes, but don't try to change it into something it never was. The point of remastering is to introduce old games to the next generation, to show off a piece of gaming history in a more polished jacket. AC1 was experimental on purpose. Not everyone liked that. That's fine. But don't try to fit it into a mold it wasn't made for originally. That's disrespecting those of us who love it exactly the way it is and have fond memories of playing a very particular type of experience.

Fair points.

pacmanate
08-19-2016, 07:20 PM
I hope this isn't a lazy port.

I also hope that Desmonds face stays consistent throughout, just like how in the Uncharted Collection they used Nathan Drakes face from UC3 for all the remasters.

I feel like this will be 1080p/30fps still though, don't see them doing 1080p/60fps but then again, the "old" worlds they created were massively smaller than what we have now

HDinHB
08-19-2016, 07:36 PM
I watched Loomer play some of the PoP remasters, and there were some technical issues (mostly with sound IIRC), so I hope whatever they do, they do it properly.

There's no reason they can't have multiple choice of (especially digital) versions--an Ezio edition and a "Legends" edition. AC3 already looks very good on a modern PC; I don't know what AC1 looks like or how much development it would take.

Of course, we have a 3-page thread based on 5 words on a Korean website, so we might be getting a little ahead of ourselves.

The mass market cares because they will probably see this as their chance to get to know the series ahead of next year's game and for some, ahead of the movie.

I don't think the mass market is going to play 50-100 hours of 5-10 year old games to get ready for a new game or a movie. (Maybe if Ubi delays AC7 another year and announces it will be the final game in the series.)

The one thing i want most is to be able to finally replay the memories on AC II like i wanted to on the PS3 and which i tried to get a patch for after 7 years.

I upvote this post.

DarkApprent2012
08-19-2016, 10:25 PM
According to what i know, this might be the same collection that they released a few years ago for the PS3, i really hope thats not the case so that they really have taken a good look at these games.

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2016, 12:44 AM

They're probably holding off AC1 for its 10th anniversary and bundle it with 2017 AC if you pre-order it or something.

I feel like this will be 1080p/30fps still though, don't see them doing 1080p/60fps but then again, the "old" worlds they created were massively smaller than what we have now

A GTX 750 Ti and RX 460 (GPUs comparable to current-gen performance) has no problem running the trilogy at 1080p/60fps with maximum settings, so unless they plan to improve the graphics beyond the improved PC settings, I don't think performance will be an issue.

--

Hopefully they take the chance to fix some graphical issues for players such as:

1. Reduce the bloom in AC2, or at least give players the chance to remove it in the options menu. It's super ugly.

2. Remove the white gradient at the top of the screen in Brotherhood.

Megas_Doux
08-20-2016, 04:06 AM
PC player here, therefore I just don't care that much about it, being honest. But, if anything REMOVE THAT BLUE HELLISH FILTER FROM VENICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Locopells
08-20-2016, 09:57 AM
Have to say that he colour filters in ACII never really bothered me.

The white one in ACB though...shudder

STDlyMcStudpants
08-20-2016, 11:01 AM
F this.
If we dont get AC1, 2, B, R, 3, and Rogue, i dont want it

The only thing Id want redone is visuals and not dying when you touch water...
AC1 isnt my favorite AC games.. but its better than any that have been released on the PS4
It has a charm to it and unique feel that none of the games have accomplished since....
i wouldnt want them to mess with that...

SixKeys
08-20-2016, 12:29 PM
I hope this isn't a lazy port.

I also hope that Desmonds face stays consistent throughout, just like how in the Uncharted Collection they used Nathan Drakes face from UC3 for all the remasters.

Not that familiar with the technical aspects of Uncharted so I don't know how they did it, but AC2 and ACB were made without motion capture as I recall, whereas by ACR they had moved onto using mocap technology for the facial animations at least. It may not be possible to just copy-paste Desmond's face onto all three games because the facial animations might end up looking really weird.

DarkApprent2012
08-20-2016, 02:07 PM
Wow even the forum moderator is joining this discussion. What? They did not use motion capture for the other games? They sure fooled me but when counting on what they know now about animations through motion capture they should be able to fix the faces and everything. Me, i just want to be able to replay all the memories in The Ezio Trilogy whenever i want to and maybe on AC II be able to play with unbearded Ezio after you finish the game and not only in the replayable memories.

Fatal-Feit
08-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Not that familiar with the technical aspects of Uncharted so I don't know how they did it, but AC2 and ACB were made without motion capture as I recall, whereas by ACR they had moved onto using mocap technology for the facial animations at least. It may not be possible to just copy-paste Desmond's face onto all three games because the facial animations might end up looking really weird.

Just want to point out that Uncharted 1-3 all used pre-rendered cutscenes, IIRC. AC2-R also used some pre-rendered cutscenes, so they'll have to redo some cutscenes as well if they want to be consistent.

pacmanate
08-20-2016, 04:24 PM

Don't think it matters that much. Uncharted Collection has some weird moments where the UC3 faces mouths are a bit odd during speech in the UC1 and UC2 cutscenes because they are different models, so I don't see a reason why Ubisoft would care either.

DarkApprent2012
08-20-2016, 05:00 PM
What i am thinking is that they will just touch up the animations and graphics a little bit just like they did with Liberation although Liberation got a complete overhaul. I know that they are not using the same engine but i think thats what they are going to do for starters, the rest though we can only speculate about, Lets just hope that it's not the same version as the PS3 release with no added features or fixes more than the graphics...

LoyalACFan
08-20-2016, 06:19 PM
Have to say that he colour filters in ACII never really bothered me.

The white one in ACB though...shudder

You're not alone :) I remember being baffled by people who hated the blue filter when I first joined the forums. I actually kind of liked it; it gave Venice a kind of dreamlike quality that aesthetically removed it from the rest of the cities.

DarkApprent2012
08-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Let's just hope that we get some answers soon about this, like what are the new feaures or if it's the same collection from before.

pacmanate
08-21-2016, 12:26 PM
I have a feeling this will come out in October... just a hunch as W_D is out in November. I know its not a Major clash cause its a rerelease bundle but still.

About filters, Sid use to remove filters in the AC games and show before and after filter shots and I have to say, the before ones did look lovely. Even AC3's Frontier which I already thought looked stunning looked even better without the filter.

Will_Lucky
08-21-2016, 04:35 PM
I have a feeling this will come out in October... just a hunch as W_D is out in November. I know its not a Major clash cause its a rerelease bundle but still.

About filters, Sid use to remove filters in the AC games and show before and after filter shots and I have to say, the before ones did look lovely. Even AC3's Frontier which I already thought looked stunning looked even better without the filter.

I'm wondering if it will be announced at the Sony Event on September 7th, its rumored the so called PS4K will be announced at the event. I'd expect a couple of games to be announced to show the title off. And bar Unity, the AC series has been tied heavily to the Playstation Brand. But an AC2 remaster would be an odd title to show off at the announcement of something where I'd expect their heaviest titles will be getting the limelight.

Never minded the filters myself...never seemed to notice for the most part actually :).

DarkApprent2012
08-21-2016, 08:08 PM
Well announcing a remaster of the most popular games in the franchise where you play as the most popular character could be a good move. You never know right?

Megas_Doux
08-21-2016, 11:39 PM

Indeed.

Venice in particular.

DarkApprent2012
08-22-2016, 09:55 AM
I never turned off any filters but i am a console player so i don't know if thats possible. What are your hopes for this potential remaster?

pacmanate
08-22-2016, 11:49 AM
I never turned off any filters but i am a console player so i don't know if thats possible. What are your hopes for this potential remaster?

1080p/60fps on consoles (should be possible due to how small each city is)
Consistent Desmond facial model used throughout
Ability to replay missions in a sequence
Be able to reset districts in AC Brotherhood
Updated Legacy Outfits
All DLC included in all 3 games

DarkApprent2012
08-22-2016, 01:04 PM
Ok and what about everyone else?

Farlander1991
08-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Consistent Desmond facial model used throughout

Would you be happy if Desmond's ACR model would be used throughout the whole series? :p

SixKeys
08-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Like I said earlier, being able to replay missions in AC2.

Being able to replay Borgia towers in ACB would be awesome. It's more tied to the narrative than the dens in ACR so I wouldn't like them to reset, but it would be nice if they were in their own separate DNA category like the courtesan and thief missions.

Ezio's Florentine noble skin for AC2 (they had it in ACB). I like putting on civilian clothes during infiltration missions.

Do NOT fix the glitch that makes it easiert to obtain 100% sync in the tank mission. :p

Ability to skip the credits.

All DLC included.

Return of multiplayer.

Include the special weapons that you unlocked in AC2 by playing Bloodlines, like Maria Thorpe's sword etc.

Some making-of extras would be nice, like the Brotherhood diaries. :)

DarkApprent2012
08-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Wow you have really good suggestions but the one of your suggestions i want to be in the remaster is to replay memories in AC II.

cawatrooper9
08-22-2016, 05:47 PM
It might be cool to have legacy outfits be retroactive. We've been able to dress our Assassins in Ezio's getup for a while now. How could would it be to have the option to have Ezio wear Arno's robes, or Haytham's outfit or (controversy time!) Jacob's top hat?

Will_Lucky
08-22-2016, 06:05 PM
Well announcing a remaster of the most popular games in the franchise where you play as the most popular character could be a good move. You never know right?

It would be yes,

but launching it alongside a console supposedly capable of 4K visuals is the surprise unless they're intending to do some sort of this is how it looks at 720p on the PS3, and here it is at 4K on the PS4 or something along those lines.

Again, thats assuming its been rated for a release sooner rather than later.

ze_topazio
08-22-2016, 07:09 PM
AC2 robes AKA this entire series best robes, must be available in Brotherhood and Revelations.

I also agree with the retroactive legacy outfits.

And a business suit, seriously, all videogames should have a optional business suit, I'm not joking.

If they include multiplayer, it would be nice to have all the series protagonists, and maybe others, selectable, yeah, I know everybody will choose one of them but it would still be cool.

I know this may be asking too much, but if they could include Discovery as well it would be nice.

This is even more unrealistic but if they could remake Embers in game form allowing you to play as Shao Jun in Florence, it would be extra nice.

pacmanate
08-22-2016, 07:36 PM
Would you be happy if Desmond's ACR model would be used throughout the whole series? :p

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/09/26/article-2432922-18472EF100000578-249_634x346.jpg

Fatal-Feit
08-22-2016, 11:10 PM
I know this may be asking too much, but if they could include Discovery as well it would be nice.

This is even more unrealistic but if they could remake Embers in game form allowing you to play as Shao Jun in Florence, it would be extra nice.

What about Discovery turned into cutscenes using the AnvilEngine like what KH does with their smaller portable titles in their Final Mix ports?

Also, just the short movie itself for Embers would be more than welcome. It'll be the complete package for Ezio that way.

Xstantin
08-24-2016, 04:04 PM
AC2 robes AKA this entire series best robes, must be available in Brotherhood and Revelations.

That would be perfect. I never understood why Ubi decided to use brotherhood robes all over the place for Ezio.

cawatrooper9
08-24-2016, 10:10 PM
Also, just the short movie itself for Embers would be more than welcome. It'll be the complete package for Ezio that way.

That would actually be really cool- it would be nice to have it all in one place.

Megas_Doux
08-24-2016, 11:54 PM
Ezio's Florentine noble skin for AC2 (they had it in ACB). I like putting on civilian clothes during infiltration missions.

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know if I agree on that one being the best outfit in the series -Don't know if you are taking about the whole franchise either- but I do agree, they are underrated and is a MUST.

ze_topazio
08-25-2016, 07:02 PM
I don't know if I agree on that one being the best outfit in the series -Don't know if you are taking about the whole franchise either- but I do agree, they are underrated and is a MUST.

I was talking about the entire franchise. ;) :cool: :p

Megas_Doux
08-26-2016, 01:06 AM
I was talking about the entire franchise. ;) :cool: :p

Really good outfit indeed, but I still prefer Arno's tailored coat, Altair's and even Edward's.

LoyalACFan
08-26-2016, 09:32 AM
Revelations robes don't get no love. They're among my favorite tbh. Very understated and elegant. Gigantic engraved Assassin insignia WWE belts nowhere to be found :p

Edit- and the hooded Cappadocia cloak is almost too badass for words. Too bad you couldn't use it in free-roam in Constantinople.

pacmanate
08-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Seeing as this is the Ezio collection I REALLY hope that we get the AC2/ACB/ACR robes to be used across all 3 games at will.

cawatrooper9
08-26-2016, 02:37 PM
Revelations robes don't get no love. They're among my favorite tbh. Very understated and elegant. Gigantic engraved Assassin insignia WWE belts nowhere to be found :p

Edit- and the hooded Cappadocia cloak is almost too badass for words. Too bad you couldn't use it in free-roam in Constantinople.

I'm with you there. The Rev robes are probably in my top 3.

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Seeing as this is the Ezio collection I REALLY hope that we get the AC2/ACB/ACR robes to be used across all 3 games at will.

Agreed.

DarkApprent2012
08-26-2016, 07:22 PM
All your suggestions are great you guys, i just hope that we will get the confirmation of the release and some information soon.

pacmanate
08-26-2016, 09:34 PM
All your suggestions are great you guys, i just hope that we will get the confirmation of the release and some information soon.

Betting on the Sony Conference on the 7th September. I bet they will officially reveal the PS4 Slim and bundle it with the Ezio Collection seeing as Ubisoft have a standing with Sony and it will help push the remasters

m4r-k7
08-26-2016, 11:19 PM
I'm just suprised this never got "fully" leaked from Kotaku or somewhere like that months and months ago when usual AC stuff gets leaked. I mean they nearly kept this a secret if it wasn't for the ratings board - it could have been the first AC release in years not to have leaked way before the release date xD

SpiritOfNevaeh
08-27-2016, 01:30 AM
I'm just suprised this never got "fully" leaked from Kotaku or somewhere like that months and months ago when usual AC stuff gets leaked. I mean they nearly kept this a secret if it wasn't for the ratings board - it could have been the first AC release in years not to have leaked way before the release date xD

Maybe they're getting better/more careful with who they give any info to? :rolleyes:

SixKeys
08-27-2016, 02:06 AM

Man, I would love to be able to use the Cappadocia cape in freeroam. I'd wear it all the time.

m4r-k7
08-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Maybe they're getting better/more careful with who they give any info to? :rolleyes:

I would normally say this is a good move but I want more Empire info with pictures etc ASAP xD

DarkApprent2012
08-27-2016, 11:14 AM
Well we also want that but not in this thread. I want more info on the remaster ASAP.

D.I.D.
08-28-2016, 09:03 PM
I think we need to push our expectations even higher, to make a really satisfying splat when they come back down again. I'm pushing for epic space battles where you can join in on behalf of either faction, and destructible space stations.

UnknownGamer1994
08-28-2016, 11:58 PM
I hope the remaster will show massive improvements like Call of Duty Modern Warfare remaster.. It was more like of a remake than a remaster actually lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51wakPTJDdc

DarkApprent2012
08-30-2016, 10:03 AM
Well a remaster is likely what it will be instead of a remake due to the PS3 versions running on different engines.

pacmanate
08-30-2016, 07:31 PM
Different being Modified, they arent completely different.

DarkApprent2012
08-30-2016, 09:47 PM
No they are not but if they are going to really update the graphics like rocksteady studios is doing with the old Arkham games and use a new engine due to the old versions running on PS3 then we can expect the games to turn out a little bit differently and me i like the graphics in the PS3 versions and basically according to me they need to just upgrade and fix the graphical glitches and errors that are in the game so that we can play it as fast as possible but at the same time i want the games to run flawlessly so i am a little bit torn but one thing i do want and it has been said by others than me is just to be able to replay the memories on ACII.

Pandassin
08-31-2016, 02:06 PM
More news:

http://i67.tinypic.com/2hnakx3.png

RinoTheBouncer
08-31-2016, 02:10 PM
Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection is coming in November, according to french gaming website, Gameblog.
The website states that their source has confirmed the release of the collection, revealing a picture of the booklet of the game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrMKRKnWcAAN8la.jpg

This collection will offer 3 games of the trilogy Ezio, namely Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations in 1080p and 30 frames / sec. The textures have been reworked and the pack include all the DLC and the two animated films released around the story of Ezio.

This compilation should be marketed in November 2016 on PS4 and Xbox One at less than 70 €. So fans will have something to wait before the "real" new episode of Assassin's Creed expected meanwhile in 2017.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61799-assassin-s-creed-the-ezio-collection-confirme-en-image

DarkApprent2012
08-31-2016, 02:14 PM
Still no information on memory replay for ACII which means that it most likely isn't in there and if not then i don't see the point of buying it because that is what i have been waiting for.

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 02:17 PM
Nice! Honestly, the only thing I can complain about is that we're getting the two animated films- I think that Lineage and Embers are the most relavent of the two, with Ascendance not really being all that necessary. But that's just splitting hairs, really.

My wife loves the Ezio trilogy, she's gonna be pumped. Her other favorite game (other than the ME series) is Skyrim, so it looks like I'm gonna be dropping some cash on HD remasters this fall...

MikeFNY
08-31-2016, 02:20 PM
Still no information on memory replay for ACII which means that it most likely isn't in there and if not then i don't see the point of buying it because that is what i have been waiting for.

No need to be so impatient, let's wait and see.

For me, what is important here is that all those with no PS3 who are yet to play the trilogy can finally do it and hopefully that will help sales for the 2017 game.

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 02:36 PM

I don't know, man. I mean, it's totally possible it's in there, but while I think many of us here see it as a necessary change, I doubt it'd be that big of a selling point for most people and thus wouldn't be included with the limited information we have on this poster.

DarkApprent2012
08-31-2016, 02:44 PM
But if it's coming out i November then they should be releasing the information now right? I mean we should be getting more information by now more than the new information we got today, but still, nice knowing that the 2 movies will be included also.

cawatrooper9
08-31-2016, 02:48 PM
But if it's coming out i November then they should be releasing the information now right? I mean we should be getting more information by now more than the new information we got today, but still, nice knowing that the 2 movies will be included also.

It's an HD port for an already beloved game- people aren't gonna be chomping at the bit for information on it en masse, they're just happy to hear the good news that it's coming at all.

Chill, man.

kosmoscreed
08-31-2016, 03:29 PM
Only 30fps?, is not like this are full remakes, just remasters, better textures, higher resolution and probably that all. I can't believe PS4/X1 can't handle a game as old as ACII at 60fps no matter what they did with it. Let's hope we get a trailer and solid info soon.

Sushiglutton
08-31-2016, 04:13 PM
Still think they should have done just AC2 and gone for a more substantial update. But I guess this way is cheaper and will probably sell more (people would not pay €70 for AC2 no matter how remastered. They might do it for three games). So it's ok I guess.

Hope it's more than just a couple of new textures though....

DarkApprent2012
08-31-2016, 04:23 PM
Ok i'll try to chill. Yeah but hopefully we will get more information from the Assassins Creed Devteam soon though.

pacmanate
08-31-2016, 04:28 PM
Still think they should have done just AC2 and gone for a more substantial update. But I guess this way is cheaper and will probably sell more (people would not pay €70 for AC2 no matter how remastered. They might do it for three games). So it's ok I guess.

Hope it's more than just a couple of new textures though....

That Price is a joke, honestly. 3 games that are 8,7,6 years respectively, upgrade the textures to PC Ultra I guess? Put 2 old movies on and then put it at 70 Euros? Nope.

Also there are too many NEW games coming out October/November to even warrant me paying that much for games I've already played to just look a bit better.

Galactus123
08-31-2016, 04:29 PM
I really want Assassin's Creed III on PS4. It is my favorite game in the series. ACIII with stable framerate would be awesome. Also Ezio Collection feels stupid because it misses the first and last Desmond game. Someone who plays the series for the first time misses important parts of the story. I liked Desmond.

MikeFNY
08-31-2016, 05:13 PM
I really want Assassin's Creed III on PS4. It is my favorite game in the series. ACIII with stable framerate would be awesome. Also Ezio Collection feels stupid because it misses the first and last Desmond game. Someone who plays the series for the first time misses important parts of the story. I liked Desmond.

We touched upon this point earlier yes, my personal opinion is that they didn't include them because what I call "the story once told" is dead and buried.

m4r-k7
08-31-2016, 06:23 PM
Damn I wish they included AC 1 in there :/

I will only be getting these if the textures have been improved by a lot. The fact that they haven't updated the games to 60 fps makes me think that it will be more like a simple PC port kinda thing.

Hope i'm wrong.

SixKeys
08-31-2016, 06:37 PM
Assassin's Creed: Ezio Collection is coming in November, according to french gaming website, Gameblog.
The website states that their source has confirmed the release of the collection, revealing a picture of the booklet of the game.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrMKRKnWcAAN8la.jpg

This collection will offer 3 games of the trilogy Ezio, namely Assassin's Creed II, Brotherhood and Revelations in 1080p and 30 frames / sec. The textures have been reworked and the pack include all the DLC and the two animated films released around the story of Ezio.

This compilation should be marketed in November 2016 on PS4 and Xbox One at less than 70 €. So fans will have something to wait before the "real" new episode of Assassin's Creed expected meanwhile in 2017.

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/61799-assassin-s-creed-the-ezio-collection-confirme-en-image

I do like that cover.

30 FPS is disappointing. I'd rather have a game that runs with optimal smoothness than upgraded graphics if that's the reason. Wonder if it'll be the same for PC (if it's coming on PC).

They mention "two animated features" but not Lineage. That one's far, far, far better than Ascendance. They would be mad to leave it out.

ze_topazio
08-31-2016, 06:44 PM
No 60 fps and 70 Euros, they can put this collection in that certain place where the sun doesn't shine.

Knowing Ubisoft this has no improvements whatsoever, no memory replay, no new special effects, no more npcs on the streets, etc..., just a straight port of the old games.

Shame on me for actually getting hopeful for a decent real remaster like the Kingdom Hearts or the Metal Gear Solid games got for example.

Only 30fps?, is not like this are full remakes, just remasters, better textures, higher resolution and probably that all. I can't believe PS4/X1 can't handle a game as old as ACII at 60fps no matter what they did with it. Let's hope we get a trailer and solid info soon.

Yeah I find hard to believe the extra power of the PS4/ONE can't be used to make PS3/360 games run at an higher framerate, but then we had the example of Liberation HD, a Vita game with better textures yet the game runs like arse, I've lost hope of Ubisoft ever bothering to properly optimize a game.

I like the cover at least.

Fatal-Feit
08-31-2016, 07:28 PM
1080p/30fps... Sounds like a cheap console port.

Fatal-Feit
08-31-2016, 07:38 PM
Yeah I find hard to believe the extra power of the PS4/ONE can't be used to make PS3/360 games run at an higher framerate, but then we had the example of Liberation HD, a Vita game with better textures yet the game runs like arse, I've lost hope of Ubisoft ever bothering to properly optimize a game.

It's just their AC division that seems to struggle. Almost every other IP of theirs does fine. Heck, the other games that use the AnvilEngine are some of the most optimized titles I've played in recent time.

Mr.Black24
08-31-2016, 08:15 PM
They mention "two animated features" but not Lineage. That one's far, far, far better than Ascendance. They would be mad to leave it out. Well thats because its free to see in youtube. Why bother having a copy when I just type it in and there!

As for my opinion....just forget Altair was a character right? My money is safe this year....

RVSage
08-31-2016, 08:19 PM
Re worked textures , wow, Italy is going to look even more beautiful then :D Hope they plan to release a PC version too

pacmanate
08-31-2016, 08:33 PM
Re worked textures , wow, Italy is going to look even more beautiful then :D Hope they plan to release a PC version too

Yeah, "Reworked" could mean anything, especially as its been translated. Words get lost in translation. Reworked = Upgraded = Whack graphics from Medium to Ultra.

DarkApprent2012
08-31-2016, 09:35 PM
Well hopefully all will be revealed in time, i am really hoping to get the information i have been waiting for, for a few years now. I can't wait to see the first game play trailer.

pacmanate
08-31-2016, 09:40 PM
Knowing its 1080p and 30fps I'm expecting the trailers to just look like the PC ones. Highly doubt we are getting new textures.

Will_Lucky
08-31-2016, 10:19 PM
Knowing its 1080p and 30fps I'm expecting the trailers to just look like the PC ones. Highly doubt we are getting new textures.

We have to be. I can see one other scenario I'll explain later.

So far remasters in this generation have been a mix of 1080/30 or 60 depending on if the either upgrade or do a straight transfer. Or in a third catagory are just really good at what they do.

Games like Grand Theft Auto V go beyond the minimum. They increase texture sizes, improve lighting, physics and add new features the last gen didn't see much of like decent depth of field and tessellation. These titles try to push the hardware as they can reasonably.
Other titles like Tomb Raider and Borderlands try to move the PC version over. These titles then move from 720/30 to 1080/60 if possible on the PS4. Not fantastic but not perfect.
And the final method is a good dev team gets behind it. Like Naughty Dog and The Last of Us which was a bump up from 720/30 to 1080/60 with genuine improvements across the board. Or the Uncharted Collection and Blue Point, a great upgrade again all three games saw decent improvements and a bump up from 720/30 to 1080/60.

Assassins Creed 2 through to Revelations should be absolutely possible on the hardware of XB1 or PS4 at 1080/60 with texture upgrades.

But that final scenario I've mentioned? I'm half expecting this game to be announced at the Sony event alongside the PS4k. If its released in November then if the rumors are right it will need a PS4k launcher. So I suspect the Ezio Collection will be 4k/30, and in the event you have a 1080 TV it will be 4K/30 downsampled.

Which doesn't explain what happens if you have a normal PS4 though. I just can't see this being a straight transfer while maintaining 1080/30. Texture improvements would be the start, with a system like the PS4 it should be the tip of the iceberg on what can be improved. Heck moving AC2 over to the Revelations looks would be a big improvement in its own right.

Black Flag ran at 1080/30 which its fantastic improvements on the PS4 compared to last gen, so why can't the Ezio collection look more like that?

Megas_Doux
09-01-2016, 12:38 AM
No 60 fps and 70 Euros, they can put this collection in that certain place where the sun doesn't shine.

Knowing Ubisoft this has no improvements whatsoever, no memory replay, no new special effects, no more npcs on the streets, etc..., just a straight port of the old games.

I like the cover at least.

Truth....

1080p/30fps... Sounds like a cheap console port.

And more truth.

SixKeys
09-01-2016, 12:58 AM
Well thats because its free to see in youtube. Why bother having a copy when I just type it in and there!

As for my opinion....just forget Altair was a character right? My money is safe this year....

My copy of ACB came with a DVD of Lineage. It was already up on YT back then, but they still included it, so why not here?

The4orTy67
09-01-2016, 01:15 AM
This does not bode well for possible future Ubisoft remasters.

HDinHB
09-01-2016, 01:50 AM
My copy of ACB came with a DVD of Lineage. It was already up on YT back then, but they still included it, so why not here?

I got the blu-ray. Plus Lineage is orders of magnitude better and more important that Ascendance.

This does not bode well for possible future Ubisoft remasters.

Neither did most (any?) of their past remasters. It's possible they will be more loving with what was once their star property; I hope to be pleasantly surprised..

Mr.Black24
09-01-2016, 02:55 AM
Perhaps they finally realized that the whole thing would be redundant if the movie is free online to watch. But ehhhhh

I-Like-Pie45
09-01-2016, 03:52 PM
Maybe Lineage is the pre-order bonus yet to be announced. Pre-order the game, or buy it later for $5 to see the end of Ezio's story.

The AC1 and AC3 remasters will probably be paid $20 dlc each later down the line, for people who want to know the beginning and end of the Modern Day story shown in the Ezio Collection. So this way Ubisoft can get a potential $100 USD total from a $60 initial release per purchaser.

RinoTheBouncer
09-01-2016, 07:42 PM
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection price and release date revealed by Amazon. Coming November 17th, 2016 and priced at 50,82 Euros.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14138712_1754341394817300_1722226828161932821_o.pn g

More info and source (https://www.facebook.com/thecodexnetwork/posts/1754341768150596)

DarkApprent2012
09-01-2016, 09:47 PM
One thing i'm noticing is that we are only getting a certain amount of information from other sites but not from UbiSoft and The Assassins Creed Devteam. So with the information from them excluded for now all we can do is speculate. They have had years to remaster these games so hopefully it will all be worth it. And yes i know that they have been busy with developing the other games too so they have had minimum amount of time to remaster The Ezio Trilogy. Ezio is by far the most popular Assassin so that is why they are focusing on him rather than making a 5 game remaster because of Desmond.

kosmoscreed
09-02-2016, 04:27 AM
Assassin's Creed: The Ezio Collection price and release date revealed by Amazon. Coming November 17th, 2016 and priced at 50,82 Euros.

https://scontent-frt3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/14138712_1754341394817300_1722226828161932821_o.pn g

More info and source (https://www.facebook.com/thecodexnetwork/posts/1754341768150596)

Why so close to WD2?.

BATISTABUS
09-02-2016, 06:11 AM
I like the cover, it makes me feel nostalgic. Hopefully they fix the colors for AC2.

Now, if they actually have Brotherhood multiplayer, I might be interested in picking this up.

Mr.Black24
09-02-2016, 05:35 PM
Question. So is the news to this positive, negative, or a mixed? I can't help be curious thats all.

joshoolhorst
09-02-2016, 05:47 PM
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B01LCF27MU/

https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/14192631_861319347302309_8553028098268422594_n.jpg ?oh=93f2ac5cfc5427d871afba534de6ae5a&oe=584CC7FC

joshoolhorst
09-02-2016, 05:48 PM
Question. So is the news to this positive, negative, or a mixed? I can't help be curious thats all.

I'm negative towards it. I really don't understand why we need to remaster PS3, Xbox 360 games why don't buy the old console and get the games for cheap

DarkApprent2012
09-02-2016, 05:56 PM
For me a remaster might be positive but i am waiting to say what i think until more information comes out.

crusader_prophet
09-02-2016, 06:41 PM
Guess Altair will just "show up" in revelations out of nowhere. I've a suspicion they have managed to integrate AC1 somewhere in the series (most likely in revelations) seamlessly instead of making it a selectable chapter from the start menu.

My guess is they are saving AC3 for North America remasters. AC3, Black Flag and Rogue.

cawatrooper9
09-02-2016, 07:42 PM

I'd say mixed to lukewarm.

Lots of pros, lots of cons. For instance, the fact that it comes with all of the DLC is fantastic. The FPS is kind of an insult.

Plus, most people here have probably played these games pretty extensively already, and likely own them. I'm even more curious how the general gaming community is anticipating this.

HDinHB
09-02-2016, 10:13 PM
AC1 was included with some copies of Revelations. Maybe it's a preorder bonus or included but just not leaked. Or not.

If they didn't fix memory replay for AC2, I'm out.

Will_Lucky
09-02-2016, 11:34 PM
I'll be very pleased if its a good remaster, of course thats sort of the problem. It being 1080/30 for me at least is a positive sign as this means significant resources may be thrown at improving the title...on the other hand it could also mean very lazy.

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2016, 12:37 AM
There is no amount of graphics in the world they can add that's worth losing 60fps for.

HDinHB
09-03-2016, 01:48 AM
There is no amount of graphics in the world they can add that's worth losing 60fps for.

Can you lose something you never had?

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2016, 04:14 AM
Can you lose something you never had?

Soz, I don't get the question... :p

LoyalACFan
09-03-2016, 04:34 AM
Soz, I don't get the question... :p

The Ezio trilogy was never 60 FPS, on any console. They aren't "losing" 60 FPS. It's always been ~30.

I-Like-Pie45
09-03-2016, 05:57 AM
How else can AC deliver a cinematic gameplay experience if the FPS is higher than 30?

Maybe its a necessary sacrifice, maybe the games have been remade on the Anvil engine with updated gameplay mechanics

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2016, 06:41 AM
The Ezio trilogy was never 60 FPS, on any console. They aren't "losing" 60 FPS. It's always been ~30.

Ohhh, well I don't think it's fair to say that the games were never 60fps on the consoles. Judging by the notion they're most likely ports (probably of the PC versions, since it closely matches the PS4/X1 hardware), they most likely started at an uncapped frame rate before they applied an Adaptive VSync solution, which Ubisoft does for all of their current-gen AC titles as well.

But either way, 60fps should be the primary focus since it's so feasible for these consoles. :(

Farlander1991
09-03-2016, 07:49 AM
But either way, 60fps should be the primary focus since it's so feasible for these consoles.

Eeeeeeh, 'so feasible' makes it sound so easy, but it's not. Especially for urban open-world games, even if the original is some years old.

MGSV is an example of an open-world game with 60fps, but it's not urban and still it had severe frame rate drops on consoles at certain times.

Let's not forget that frame rate is not just graphical fidelity :)

PS4 and X1 are marketed as the 60fps console, but you can't really do that for everything and it can be a real pain (and while we're at it, PS3 could handle 60fps as well, though it would've been even harder).

DarkApprent2012
09-03-2016, 12:55 PM
I agree with HDinHB, if the memory replay isn't there for ACII then I'm also out. Well the graphics in all the games were great but could be improved a little bit but back then we didn't even consider it so much, we were mostly just awed by the graphics and the game themselves but now that we're playing on the PS4 and we're playing the next generation Assassin's Creed games, we are thinking back to those days and saying: "Wow the graphics were so bad compared to now" but like i said back then the graphics were great and in a new level that we had never seen before.

pacmanate
09-03-2016, 03:05 PM
You know, there really isnt anything bad with the graphics on the PS3/360 versions. They still look great.

If you're paying for just those graphics in a native 1080p its a total waste.

At the moment we don't even know what changes have been made as this hasn't been officially announced, but getting hyped over a native 1080p resolution for "better graphics" is silly.

For this to even be worth my money they need to add some graphical features other than bumping up a graphic slider, cause like I said before, the PS3/360 versions don't exactly look bad at all.

Fatal-Feit
09-03-2016, 09:11 PM
Eeeeeeh, 'so feasible' makes it sound so easy, but it's not. Especially for urban open-world games, even if the original is some years old.

MGSV is an example of an open-world game with 60fps, but it's not urban and still it had severe frame rate drops on consoles at certain times.

Let's not forget that frame rate is not just graphical fidelity :)

PS4 and X1 are marketed as the 60fps console, but you can't really do that for everything and it can be a real pain (and while we're at it, PS3 could handle 60fps as well, though it would've been even harder).

Programming isn't easy, I understand, but there's a level of expectation for quality, performance, and pricing with our current-gen consoles, especially with AAA games and publishers. It's not like they're developing for the Wii U or PS3 and their complex hardware.

Regardless of being an open-world series, the Ezio trilogy are some of the easiest last-gen titles to run at 1080/60fps on low-end PCs. The PS4's APU performance is compared with the GTX 750 Ti, and that graphics card can consistently run these games at 60fps with x8 MSAA for me. MGSV is a different beast. It might not be open-world, but its graphics are on another level.

I-Like-Pie45
09-03-2016, 09:24 PM
Maybe they will upgrade the character models in 2 so they will look more like the ones in Brotherhood and Revelations

DarkApprent2012
09-03-2016, 11:16 PM
The models in Brotherhood and Revelations are nice but if they are updating the character models in ACII to the same quality as Brotherhood and Revelations that would be a leap, at least from ACII models to the same quality as Revelations but from ACII to Brotherhood quality is much easier and not that big of a leap. I mean the character models for young and bearded Ezio are already in Brotherhood so they can just use that one. One thing has been bothering me in Brotherhood though, Altair's armor looks different from what it looked like at the end of ACII, for an example instead of wearing the metal cestus, you are wearing a plain brown glove instead so in this remaster i hope that it is something they will consider and fix because i was really bothered by that when playing Brotherhood using Altair's armor that you redeem from uplay.

pacmanate
09-04-2016, 12:09 AM
The plain brown glove makes sense to stay as it was given to Ezio by Leo in ACB to climb leap (? At least I think it was).

Having that fuse with Altairs Outfit to me is completely fine as he would still need that glove.

DarkApprent2012
09-04-2016, 11:06 AM
Actually in ACII he got an armored glove called the metal cestus that you could never take off and when he wore all the other armors or no armor at all the metal cestus would stay there and in the end of ACII he wore it together with Altairs armor but if you look closely at Altair's armor in Brotherhood he is only wearing a normal glove, i mean if anything i would have loved for them to change that normal glove back into the metal cestus because that is what he wore in the end of ACII.

For an example look here, the picture with his hood down is from Brotherhood, look at the glove:
http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Armor_of_Altaïr

LoyalACFan
09-04-2016, 03:57 PM
You know, there really isnt anything bad with the graphics on the PS3/360 versions. They still look great.

If you're paying for just those graphics in a native 1080p its a total waste.

At the moment we don't even know what changes have been made as this hasn't been officially announced, but getting hyped over a native 1080p resolution for "better graphics" is silly.

For this to even be worth my money they need to add some graphical features other than bumping up a graphic slider, cause like I said before, the PS3/360 versions don't exactly look bad at all.

IDK, I mean, AC2 is still pretty, but it's very dated. Brotherhood and Revelations have aged much more gracefully, but looking back, the lighting, character models, and some of the environmental textures in AC2 are pretty primitive. If these are legit remasters and not just ports of the last-gen versions, I would consider buying it just for an updated AC2.

Edit- not for $60 though, I'm broke as hell :p

DarkApprent2012
09-04-2016, 04:04 PM
All of us here love the games and of course we would all like to buy this remaster, but can you honestly buy the collection just for ACII? What if they haven't added memory replay to it?

LoyalACFan
09-04-2016, 04:27 PM
All of us here love the games and of course we would all like to buy this remaster, but can you honestly buy the collection just for ACII? What if they haven't added memory replay to it?

I mean, it's not like I wouldn't play the other ones, it's just that AC2 is the only one that I think could significantly benefit from a remaster. As for memory replay... I honestly don't care. I hope it's there, for all of you guys who have been asking for it, but for me, AC2 is about the journey. If I play AC2, I want to play through the whole thing, consecutively. Playing it memory by memory via replay would break the spell for me.

To be frank, it's entirely about nostalgia. My brain tells me that AC2 has some serious problems and isn't even close to the best AC game mechanically, but it was the first one I played and it came out during an important time in my life. When I play AC2, I'm 15 again, playing on an old tube TV plugged into a generator on my front porch with my best friend. I play through that game at least once every couple of years. Now that I'm older and I've got newer hardware, I'd love to be able to play a version of that game that looks as good as my imagination made it seem seven years ago.

DarkApprent2012
09-04-2016, 05:15 PM
Oh wow really? I didn't know that. Yeah i know what you mean about feeling young again while playing the games that you played when you were younger.

crusader_prophet
09-04-2016, 05:26 PM
I will buy it only for one reason. I haven't touched my last gen consoles in about a year. I'm too lazy to keep changing my HDMI cable to TV in order to keep switching between current gen and last gen consoles. But I do miss playing the previous AC titles. Getting an opportunity to play them while retaining my laziness - it's a buy for me. I know that sounds terrible.

Edit: I guess that's why PC is the way to go.

HDinHB
09-04-2016, 08:26 PM
I will buy it only for one reason. I haven't touched my last gen consoles in about a year. I'm too lazy to keep changing my HDMI cable to TV in order to keep switching between current gen and last gen consoles. But I do miss playing the previous AC titles. Getting an opportunity to play them while retaining my laziness - it's a buy for me. I know that sounds terrible.

Edit: I guess that's why PC is the way to go.

For much less than the price of a single PC upgrade, you can buy an HDMI switch, or even a nice AV receiver. :)

IDK, I mean, AC2 is still pretty, but it's very dated. Brotherhood and Revelations have aged much more gracefully, but looking back, the lighting, character models, and some of the environmental textures in AC2 are pretty primitive. If these are legit remasters and not just ports of the last-gen versions, I would consider buying it just for an updated AC2.

Edit- not for $60 though, I'm broke as hell :p

You know it will be $60 though. :nonchalance:

The improvements from AC2 to (especially) Revelations are impressive. I remember being mesmerized several times by the stitching on old Ezio hood in ACR. No one knows this.

Now that I'm older and I've got newer hardware, I'd love to be able to play a version of that game that looks as good as my imagination made it seem seven years ago.

:thumbsup

No upgrade can probably ever make it look that good--AC2 was my first too. "It is a good life we lead, brother..."

DarkApprent2012
09-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Wow this topic has already gone up to 15 pages, that was really fast! ACII was the first game i played also, that's why i'm hoping that they have corrected everything and added replayable memories to it. October is closing in fast but do we really think that they are ready to release it now or they have just raced through it trying to get the remaster released, that is one of my worries.

LoyalACFan
09-04-2016, 09:01 PM
October is closing in fast but do we really think that they are ready to release it now or they have just raced through it trying to get the remaster released, that is one of my worries.

Well, normally around this time of year, they're preparing to release a whole new game, so...

DarkApprent2012
09-04-2016, 09:05 PM
Yeah good point...

Sorrosyss
09-04-2016, 09:17 PM
I honestly can't see them doing much to the games, much as people are expecting brand new textures and the like. It'll just be at 1080, minus the multiplayer, in my eyes. At full price. Expect the least here folks - the vast majority of the AC team are centered on the 2017 title after all.

Fatal-Feit
09-04-2016, 10:14 PM
Meanwhile, I'm just here hoping to buy it for more Uplay points.

ze_topazio
09-04-2016, 11:48 PM
AC2 on the PC actually looks really amazing with the post effects turned off, the exaggerated color filters really make the game look blurry, the game is actually really pretty and sharp without them.

Megas_Doux
09-04-2016, 11:55 PM
AC2 on the PC actually looks really amazing with the post effects turned off, the exaggerated color filters really make the game look blurry, the game is actually really pretty and sharp without them.

My main problem with AC II on PC even after modes is the shadows that keep popping up.

Fatal-Feit
09-05-2016, 12:13 AM
Turning off post effects does make AC2 look A LOT better. Draw distance and pop-ins are still pretty bad, but it does bring out the true beauty and atmosphere of the game.

I lost all of my old Uplay screenshots, so here are just some I found in my Steam folder.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266097180317665123/AEE7AD0269FA6E89D81156016DF34FB6A3279FEB/

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/266097180317665496/90E9E09F5563D144DD75C9DA0ACCD229C01FB7F5/

ze_topazio
09-05-2016, 12:25 AM
Really, is like night and day, with the effects turned on it looks like a PS2 game, with the effects turned off, it looks like a PS4 game (exaggerated comparison but you get what I'm trying to say).

I do admit that the color filters gives the game a certain dreamy atmosphere, but I prefer the sharp realistic look.

And of course the 60 fps of the PC version make the game extra sharp and extra beautiful.

Will_Lucky
09-05-2016, 01:29 AM
I honestly can't see them doing much to the games, much as people are expecting brand new textures and the like. It'll just be at 1080, minus the multiplayer, in my eyes. At full price. Expect the least here folks - the vast majority of the AC team are centered on the 2017 title after all.

It wouldn't take much effort to improve the game immensely. Just getting it running on the Revelations engine across the board would be a significant improvement. But 1080/30? Easy. If that is their target resolution and frame rate I hope they intend to push the game. Because there is no reason for 1080/30 unless they intend to push it.

And so what if the team is working on Empire? A remaster needs no where near the level of resources that a full game needs. The game is designed, its finished. For one designers are not needed, nor would the need to record voices ect. The main team will be Artists and Programmers who are moving the game across platforms and improving assets. The easier they can move the title over to a newer iteration of the engine the better for them as well if such a thing is possible.

DarkApprent2012
09-05-2016, 06:56 PM
You have a point there and that wouldn't necessarily take that long. Revelations looked amazing and was great to play so if all the remastered games in this collection are like that i wouldn't mind just as long as we don't loose the feel of the games that we had.

ERICATHERINE
09-06-2016, 01:45 AM
I just don't understand why the hell, instead of only the Ezio trilogy, ubisoft didn't do a Desmond collection with ac 2, b and re, but also 1 and 3. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy that ubisoft have decided to do ac remasters/remakes of ps3 ac games for ps4 and i hope they do more, yes for ac 1 and 3, but also for rogue, liberation hd, and bloodlines, but I can't help but think a Desmond collection could have have been way better.

On a different note, do anyone know if all their dlc will arrive along this Ezio collection, may they have to be buyed or may they come with the games? ^-^

Will_Lucky
09-06-2016, 09:24 PM
I just don't understand why the hell, instead of only the Ezio trilogy, ubisoft didn't do a Desmond collection with ac 2, b and re, but also 1 and 3. Don't get me wrong I'm really happy that ubisoft have decided to do ac remasters/remakes of ps3 ac games for ps4 and i hope they do more, yes for ac 1 and 3, but also for rogue, liberation hd, and bloodlines, but I can't help but think a Desmond collection could have have been way better.

On a different note, do anyone know if all their DLC will arrive along this Ezio collection, may they have to be buyed or may they come with the games? ^-^

It might be size.

The trilogy on the 360 weighs in at about 18gb. If you add AC1 and 3 its close to 30gb. Now compression has improved somewhat. But uncompressed audio wins out so that adds to it. If they start quadrupling texture sizes and beyond...well it all adds up very very quickly. A lot of textures were reused between the Ezio trilogy which makes them a good candidate to fit onto a single disc.

GTAV was around 15-16gb all in all on the 360. On the Current Gen? It weighs in at 50gb on the disc.
Or Black Flags weighing in at just south of 10gb on the previous gen, and 21gb on the PS4. Which is relatively impressive all things considered.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2016, 10:59 PM
It might be size.

The trilogy on the 360 weighs in at about 18gb. If you add AC1 and 3 its close to 30gb. Now compression has improved somewhat. But uncompressed audio wins out so that adds to it. If they start quadrupling texture sizes and beyond...well it all adds up very very quickly. A lot of textures were reused between the Ezio trilogy which makes them a good candidate to fit onto a single disc.

GTAV was around 15-16gb all in all on the 360. On the Current Gen? It weighs in at 50gb on the disc.
Or Black Flags weighing in at just south of 10gb on the previous gen, and 21gb on the PS4. Which is relatively impressive all things considered.

It's size, and it's price. AC3 and AC1 would add like $30 of value to the package, and there's no way they'd market a remastered collection that costs MORE than a retail game.

Will_Lucky
09-06-2016, 11:16 PM
It's size, and it's price. AC3 and AC1 would add like $30 of value to the package, and there's no way they'd market a remastered collection that costs MORE than a retail game.

Yup, remastering 1 and 3 will add additional costings.

And that adds a good final point actually. Although the Desmond Collection would be better value. The Ezio Collection I feel has far more draw to pulling people in. Among the non die hard fans of the series Ezio would rank far far higher than Desmond ever would.

Ureh
09-07-2016, 06:15 AM
On a different note, do anyone know if all their dlc will arrive along this Ezio collection, may they have to be buyed or may they come with the games? ^-^

Yeah I think those rumors mentioned that all the dlc will be included but didn't specify if on the disc or download voucher.

Was there any mention of the multiplayer anywhere or is it gonna be like the Uncharted and Bioshock remasters (where they cut out the mp stuff)?

LoyalACFan
09-07-2016, 06:24 AM
Yeah I think those rumors mentioned that all the dlc will be included but didn't specify if on the disc or download voucher.

Was there any mention of the multiplayer anywhere or is it gonna be like the Uncharted and Bioshock remasters (where they cut out the mp stuff)?

We literally know nothing about it other than that it might or might not exist :p So no word on MP. My guess is that they wouldn't bring it back, though. It's been too long, and it only had a relatively small (albeit dedicated) playerbase. Especially Revelations.

Dieinthedark
09-07-2016, 08:58 PM
It wasn't mentioned or hinted at at the PS4 Pro press event either. I'm wondering if they might not actually release it, that'd be a lot of market competition of their own if they did release it. Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor both coming out...they'll want those to profit not release the trilogy to potentially take away from either of those. That's my fear

Farlander1991
09-07-2016, 09:07 PM
It wasn't mentioned or hinted at at the PS4 Pro press event either. I'm wondering if they might not actually release it, that'd be a lot of market competition of their own if they did release it. Watch Dogs 2 and For Honor both coming out...they'll want those to profit not release the trilogy to potentially take away from either of those. That's my fear

If there is a remaster on the way, why would it be shown on the reveal of PS4 Pro? It's like if they'd show Uncharted 1-3 remasters instead of Uncharted 4. Sure, remasters can look very pretty, but they're from previous generation - showing how current gen stuff looks like on the new console would be more important.

Dieinthedark
09-07-2016, 09:22 PM
True, but there was a mention of the PS4 Slim being bundled with the remastered trilogy as well (in this thread). That's more what I was getting at.

Will_Lucky
09-07-2016, 10:41 PM
If there is a remaster on the way, why would it be shown on the reveal of PS4 Pro? It's like if they'd show Uncharted 1-3 remasters instead of Uncharted 4. Sure, remasters can look very pretty, but they're from previous generation - showing how current gen stuff looks like on the new console would be more important.

"Here it was at 720p, and here it is at 4K with HDR."

Something along those lines. But truth be told after that 45 minutes at least the announcement of this would have livened things up a little. Anything really could have brought some more life to that conference.

Farlander1991
09-08-2016, 12:06 AM
"Here it was at 720p, and here it is at 4K with HDR."

Something along those lines. But truth be told after that 45 minutes at least the announcement of this would have livened things up a little. Anything really could have brought some more life to that conference.

Yeah, the conference was kinda boring. But the logic of chosen game line-ups made sense, either titles that were still in-development that could actually use the upgraded power PS4 Pro provides (as the developers can make things specific to PS4 Pro configuration), or how previous good-looking games of the generation look better just with higher resolution and HDR.

Remastered 5-7 year old games from previous console generation? Of course there's gonna be big differences. But also, remasters also wouldn't show the full capability of the rig as even with increased textures, the graphical fidelity just wouldn't be on par with other titles. Unless the remasters also remake models and all the engine technology.

HDinHB
09-09-2016, 04:27 AM
Since 2017 is the 10th anniversary of Assassin's Creed, it might be kind of brilliant to release a remastered edition next year either as a standalone or as a bonus along with the new game.

It's also the 5 year anniversary of AC3, so...

http://i.imgur.com/HChWJt6.jpg

ERICATHERINE
09-09-2016, 05:26 AM
Since 2017 is the 10th anniversary of Assassin's Creed, it might be kind of brilliant to release a remastered edition next year either as a standalone or as a bonus along with the new game.

It's also the 5 year anniversary of AC3, so...

http://i.imgur.com/HChWJt6.jpg

I just hope that if one day they do such a collection of ac games, they include the following.

Ac 1
Ac bloodline (which, unfortunately, I never played)
Ac lineage
Ac 2
Ac brotherhood
Ac ascendance
Ac revelations
Ac embers
Ac 3
Ac liberation hd
Ac rogue
All those games dlcs.
And all that on the newst console gen of the moment.

I could say that I would like all the books, may they be novel or comics, but I think it would be already too high of a price for some people, but honestly guys, I would pay any price for such a collection and especially if from now until then, my ps3 stop working. ^-^

Dieinthedark
09-09-2016, 05:51 AM
Personally, I'd still love AC1 to get the remaster. Sure a lot of people argue its more POC than an actual game but for me, it's even still, the reigning champion in my book. Yes, even with the monotonous gameplay. Something about the time period, the atmosphere and the progression of Altair. Less flair than Ezio, seemed more fitting to me for an Assassin.

But to each their own of course.

pacmanate
09-09-2016, 02:26 PM
True, but there was a mention of the PS4 Slim being bundled with the remastered trilogy as well (in this thread). That's more what I was getting at.

That was me, makes sense as Ubisoft and Sony like to partner with AC.

Also I dunno why some of you think that there will be a PRO version of the remaster. If there are no new textures it's still gonna look like an old game.

Will_Lucky
09-09-2016, 08:50 PM
That was me, makes sense as Ubisoft and Sony like to partner with AC.

Also I dunno why some of you think that there will be a PRO version of the remaster. If there are no new textures it's still gonna look like an old game.

Going off of the documentation that was originally leaked, they might not have a choice. References were made to a Pro-Version if you will having to be submitted with new games as of Late September or Early October.

There hasn't been anything wrong with that documentation yet, everything in March leaked has turned out true. So assuming thats still the case, well the Ezio Collection being an entirely new game as far as the PS4 platform is concerned will need to have a "Pro Version" if you will if that ominous November 17th date proves accurate they're gonna have to.

Going off comments though that could literally be as simple as having the game upscale from 1080p>2160p. Or say the Witness approach which will be native at 1440p>2160p which would be way smoother. As well as something for the 1080p option which could be double framerate given its singleplayer. Adding more AA, more lighting whatever. They can easily cheap out.

But if that is accurate they're going to have to do it whether they like it or not.

DarkApprent2012
09-10-2016, 02:14 PM
I am just patiently waiting, well at least partially but still i hope some more information will be leaked or confirmed by UbiSoft like if this is just a port of the PS3 version of The Ezio Trilogy or if this is a newer version where they have really fixed all the glitches and added some new features that some of us have been waiting for like memory replay in ACII. TBA i guess.

NAVID4ASSASSIN
09-10-2016, 05:25 PM
I just hope its not true but the fact that we have less than 3 months to the games release and ubi has not announced anything yet makes me think its a cheap port of the last gen games like if they really did something special for this remaster, revamped texures, changing character models, adding new features or..., they would have been advertised the hell out of it by now.

DarkApprent2012
09-11-2016, 10:41 AM
Yeah i agree, like i wrote that is my biggest fear of all, that it's just a port of the already existing trilogy collection for the PS3 and them not advertising about it that just adds to the fear. Like i have wrote before, the thing i want most to be able to do is to be able to finally replay memories when playing ACII like we could in all the other games.

joelsantos24
09-11-2016, 10:45 PM
It doesn't make mush sense to me, remastering the Ezio chapters and leave out AC1 and AC3. The only logical option would be to release the anthology, as it exists on PS3. However, considering we're not getting a new game this Autumn, it might actually be a good move to launch this 3-game pack right now, just to give the fans something to focus on, and then release the anthology next year, since it's the series 10th anniversary. I'm pretty certain that's what's going to happen.

Megas_Doux
09-11-2016, 11:12 PM
It doesn't make mush sense to me, remastering the Ezio chapters and leave out AC1 and AC3. The only logical option would be to release the anthology, as it exists on PS3. However, considering we're not getting a new game this Autumn, it might actually be a good move to launch this 3-game pack right now, just to give the fans something to focus on, and then release the anthology next year, since it's the series 10th anniversary. I'm pretty certain that's what's going to happen.

It makes sense in a way that for an important majority outside these forums:

AC = Ezio. The rest? Garbage.

ERICATHERINE
09-11-2016, 11:38 PM

Maybe, but there is a chance it's not everyones case. For a quick exemple, from my point of view, the most important thing about a video game is (when it actually have one, which is not the case of, let's say, sports games) the story.

Ac ii have story elements that come from ac 1 and I'm not only talking about md. There is the "mission" where we control Altair or the codex itself.

Then there is ac re, where we control Altair, once again.

The people who don't know Altair might want to know about it, not to mention that for many persons, he is the best we have ever controled in an ac game (which isn't my case. I prefer Connor).

Then, there is of course the md. My people might actually want to know what happened to Desmond while he was impronned by Abstergo or at least how he encountered Lucy. Then there is ac re's md, which, at the end, is directly pointing to ac iii's md and I think many persons will want to know what happened next. ^-^

PDD89
09-12-2016, 12:27 AM
Ezio Collection will be confirmed soon ! Here is a french article about the game (Picture are leaked on Gameblog): http://lesplayersdudimanche.com/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-confirme/

ERICATHERINE
09-12-2016, 01:03 AM
Ezio Collection will be confirmed soon ! Here is a french article about the game (Picture are leaked on Gameblog): http://lesplayersdudimanche.com/assassins-creed-ezio-collection-confirme/

First welcome to the forum, PDD89. ^-^

Secondly, here is a translation of the news of the most important part of that link.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's supposed to be buyable from November 17th 2016, on ps4 and xbox one

The games will be 1080p and 30 fps.

The link says those 3 games will come with lineage and embers, but don't talk about ascendance.

The link says the 3 games will be upgraded concerning what we see while playing, like for exemple, light effects and will all come with all their dlcs. (I'm not sure about that, though. The link don't mention the multiplayer at all and I know at least ac re had multiplayer dlcs)

Then that guy mention to the xbox players that ac ii is already playable, thanks to the backward compatibility.

The last part talk about information we already know about ac empire, but also mention the possibility that ubisoft talk about it, sometimes soon.

I hope you're happy of my translation work. ^-^

Edit. After reading myself, I think I wasn't precise enough. It wasn't talking about ubisoft talking about empire anytime soon, but about the Ezio collection. ^-^

Dieinthedark
09-12-2016, 06:54 PM
Here's a thought that just struck me though. Microsoft has been allowing backwards compatibility, and obviously Sony hasn't. What if these games aren't even a true remaster and they're just kinda bundling them together on a single disc and reselling it as a "remaster" just to profit? That's what I'm starting to wonder. Because all of the remasters that have come out currently have all had some sort of hype train buildup before the release. We're just over three months from release with not even a confirmation? :confused:

ERICATHERINE
09-12-2016, 08:53 PM
Here's a thought that just struck me though. Microsoft has been allowing backwards compatibility, and obviously Sony hasn't. What if these games aren't even a true remaster and they're just kinda bundling them together on a single disc and reselling it as a "remaster" just to profit? That's what I'm starting to wonder. Because all of the remasters that have come out currently have all had some sort of hype train buildup before the release. We're just over three months from release with not even a confirmation? :confused:

Well, judging by the link I translated, just above, it's supposed to arrive even sooner than that. In about 2 months actually. ^-^

DarkApprent2012
09-13-2016, 12:22 PM
Oh dear, you guys should have seen what someone wrote on the assassinscreed twitter earlier today, there are obviously some people that are more excited than us to get this trilogy announced. The post got deleted and i don't really want to repeat what it said here because i would suffer consequences. All i can say is that it was very bad haha.

ladosefan
09-13-2016, 05:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZPQ2ijCgVw

Officially confirmed :D 17th of November

pacmanate
09-13-2016, 05:25 PM
What an absolutely LAZY *** port. What the HELL is that?

Talk about a cash grab, this looks horrible. I honestly can't see the difference. There are no reworked textures, it looks exactly the same except fills out 1080p pixel ratios a bit better.

Cash GRAB.

Will_Lucky
09-13-2016, 05:34 PM
The Sky in Venice at least is different....

Edit: Actually I think the lighting in general has had a minor improvement, seems to pop a little more.

But we need stills ideally 1080 stills. The improvements seem small but they are there, but alas yes a bit disappointing.

pacmanate
09-13-2016, 05:36 PM
The Sky in Venice at least is different....

Edit: Actually I think the lighting in general has had a minor improvement, seems to pop a little more.

But we need stills ideally 1080 stills. The improvements seem small but they are there, but alas yes a bit disappointing.

A bit?

This honestly just looks like Xbox One's "Play old 360 games via stream" thing that they are doing. There is such a minimal difference in crispness because all the textures are the same. All thats changed is the resolution of the render, not the quality of pixels or textures.

Edit: being an AC fan these days is so hard. My favourite franchise just comes out with a PS4/X1 version of 3 really great games and there is no effort put in.

How can any of you support this direction? This screams how Ubisoft dont care about us, its a clear quick, cheap thing for them to through out because there is no new game out this year.

Will_Lucky
09-13-2016, 05:49 PM
Now that I've started to do a comparison of the PC version of AC2 against that trailer there are obvious improvements in lighting, textures in faces and clothes, the filters are gone (mind you that might partially explain lighting but only partially) and slight improvements in shadows. Colors pop more...but again filters. The 1080 native res is obvious. I can pick out the materials on the gauntlets as well...interesting.

AC2 is an upgrade, but not much of one. Certainly not one that deserves 1080/30, it should be 1080/60. I'll need to look at Brotherhood and Revelations more carefully, but they were further ahead anyway so room for improvement might get narrower or better.

pacmanate
09-13-2016, 05:50 PM
Compare this to MW Remastered, The Bioshock Collection, TLoU Remastered, The Uncharted Collection.

RVSage
09-13-2016, 05:53 PM
A bit?

This honestly just looks like Xbox One's "Play old 360 games via stream" thing that they are doing. There is such a minimal difference in crispness because all the textures are the same. All thats changed is the resolution of the render, not the quality of pixels or textures.

Edit: being an AC fan these days is so hard. My favourite franchise just comes out with a PS4/X1 version of 3 really great games and there is no effort put in.

How can any of you support this direction? This screams how Ubisoft dont care about us, its a clear quick, cheap thing for them to through out because there is no new game out this year.

I guess you are going a bit over board, ofcourse remasters/collections are mostly a cash grab, so was Nathan Drake Collection and every other remaster

There are only minor improvements, and you can not see all the improvements from a short trailer. One thing evident is ofcourse the lighting, which should improve the overall color of the game, Rest we have to wait and see , perhaps some screen shots

And Ubisoft called off the yearly release , that shows they care, they are taking feed back from us pretty well meanwhile. They have to care if they do not want to be acquired by Vivendi.

Again this is my opinion

Will_Lucky
09-13-2016, 05:53 PM
Compare this to MW Remastered, The Bioshock Collection, TLoU Remastered, The Uncharted Collection.

As I said, its an upgrade but not much of one. Certainly not compared to those titles, if this was 60fps I could partially forgive them for this.

MikeFNY
09-13-2016, 05:55 PM

Excuse me Pac but when did Ubisoft say that this release is for us?

For me, this is for those who never played the first games on their old generation consoles and want to catch up with what happened so far ahead of the 2017 game.

I'm not defending Ubisoft here, I'm just stating the obvious, for me this is a nice move considering the fiasco(for many) of Syndicate. I spoke with many people who know who Ezio is but never had the privilege of playing his games.

Now they will.

And by the way, next year's game sounds a lot like do or die for me, if it doesn't deliver we may witness the end of the series.

RVSage
09-13-2016, 05:56 PM
As I said, its an upgrade but not much of one. Certainly not compared to those titles, if this was 60fps I could partially forgive them for this.

We have to wait and see actual game play footage before concluding, The trailer was filled mostly with cutscenes

pacmanate
09-13-2016, 05:59 PM
I guess you are going a bit over board, ofcourse remasters/collections are mostly a cash grab, so was Nathan Drake Collection and every other remaster

There are only minor improvements, and you can not see all the improvements from a short trailer. One thing evident is ofcourse the lighting, which should improve the overall color of the game, Rest we have to wait and see , perhaps some screen shots

And Ubisoft called off the yearly release , that shows they care, they are taking feed back from us pretty well meanwhile. They have to care if they do not want to be acquired by Vivendi.

Again this is my opinion

Well you should really look at MW remastered, TLOU and The Bioshock Collection, because those games look STUNNINGLY different and better than their PS3/60 counterparts. You always blindly defend everything. Look at what Ive said above then compare the effort put into those remasters to the ones here.

Sure things "pop", i agree, i can see the minimal effort. Doesnt mean its good though.

Excuse me Pac but when did Ubisoft say that this release is for us?

For me, this is for those who never played the first games on their old generation consoles and want to catch up with what happened so far ahead of the 2017 game.

I'm not defending Ubisoft here, I'm just stating the obvious, for me this is a nice move considering the fiasco(for many) of Syndicate. I spoke with many people who know who Ezio is but never had the privilege of playing his games.

Now they will.

Youre not stating the obvious at all. Being a huge AC fan i was looking forward to revisiting these games on Next Gen hardware. A lot of us big fans were, to see what they could do to make it look up to date like all those other remasters that are out there.

To say this is just for new fans is ridiculous.

Will_Lucky
09-13-2016, 06:00 PM
We have to wait and see actual game play footage before concluding, The trailer was filled mostly with cutscenes

Indeed,

The cutscenes show improvement nevertheless.

We have the flying sequence from AC2, that pops way more. I'm currently comparing the rest but again I need stills and preferably more gameplay.

BananaBlighter
09-13-2016, 06:03 PM
Oh my lord. The whole video I was just hoping they would suddenly cut to show the actual remaster. In some scenes (especially the execution of Ezio's family) the lighting as he runs through the crowd looks horrific. Other times (the flying machine scene), I can actually notice some good improvement. And I don't see any improved textures at all!

Jesus Christ. If they do an AC1 remaster next year as part of the 10th anniversary, it better be a proper remaster, not this crap. But then again, the original AC1 already looks better than this so...

I'll still be buying this though, graphics aren't the reason I want the remaster, I just want to be able to get rid of my Xbox 360. But it really hurts to see Ubisoft be so lazy compered to other developers. They will always be my favourite because they make my favourite games, but I cannot say that they really are 'good'.

RVSage
09-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Well you should really look at MW remastered, TLOU and The Bioshock Collection, because those games look STUNNINGLY different and better than their PS3/60 counterparts. You always blindly defend everything. Look at what Ive said above then compare the effort put into those remasters to the ones here.

Nope , I don't blindly defend everything, I always say, wait for the actual product and judge, rather than conclude on a trailer that barely showed any game play. My approach has always been the same. I only judge the end product not a cut scene filled trailer.

MikeFNY
09-13-2016, 06:09 PM
Youre not stating the obvious at all. Being a huge AC fan i was looking forward to revisiting these games on Next Gen hardware. A lot of us big fans were, to see what they could do to make it look up to date like all those other remasters that are out there.

To say this is just for new fans is ridiculous.

But what makes you unable to revisit them at anytime on your PS3? I mean why do you need better and improved graphics to revisit the games you love?

My decision to purchase the Anthology edition this summer turned out to be one of the best decisions of my (gaming) life as it helped me discover, appreciate and love ACIII.

And believe me, graphics-wise, it's not even 1% of what Unity is but it's not all about the graphics.

My "new fans" comment was about the fact that, as I said in another thread, had they not released this, new fans would have had Black Flag(I remembered this time!), Unity and Syndicate only to discover the series.

Now they have the trilogy of the most-beloved character of the series. Trust me, it's an important decision ahead of next year's game.

Having said that, I'm not saying I don't share your concern because new players might buy this and be bitterly disappointed at how poor the graphics are when compared to Uncharted and other remastered games.

But as Sage said, let's wait and see.

m4r-k7
09-13-2016, 06:20 PM
Everything looked exactly the same as the X360 and PS3 versions, apart from the scene where he was flying which did look improved - so hopefully thats an indication. Nonetheless, I expected this would just be a simple port as it wasn't announced earlier in the year.

Nice box art as well - I am glad they kept the AC 2 Ezio pose!

D51-ClaudioACSy
09-13-2016, 06:23 PM
Guys, I really don't care about the Graphics or something like that, but the Ezio's Black Edition Chest, OMFG !!!! EZIO'S BLACK EDITION CHEST <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

For 64 $ with the uplay discount, it's really a must have !!!!

MikeFNY
09-13-2016, 06:47 PM
Someone at NeoGAF already posted comparison screenshots:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216793888&postcount=166

Dieinthedark
09-13-2016, 07:32 PM
Hmmm, interesting but not near the remaster I was hoping for. I'd still like to see side by side gameplay though. I don' get it, these games are so much smaller than Unity and Syndicate....shouldn't the new consoles have power to spare to revamp the games like most of us were expecting? :confused:

RVSage
09-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Someone at NeoGAF already posted comparison screenshots:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=216793888&postcount=166

Interesting comparisons, will have to see a full fledged game-play comparison I guess

Mr.Black24
09-13-2016, 07:50 PM
Different lighting and coloring, slight upgrade on models.

My money is safe.

TH3 F4T C0BRA
09-13-2016, 07:59 PM
This is a joke people!

Don't spend your money on this crap!

They could easily have made brotherhood and revelations BC.

No multiplayer! Best part about the game when your done with the single player.

HDinHB
09-13-2016, 08:14 PM
I notice they call it "enhanced" not "remastered."

At least the trailer does have everyone's two favorite lines from the entire series:

"It is a good life we lead, brother..." and

"Vittoria Agli Assassini" :rolleyes:

Guys, I really don't care about the Graphics or something like that, but the Ezio's Black Edition Chest, OMFG !!!! EZIO'S BLACK EDITION CHEST <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

For 64 $ with the uplay discount, it's really a must have !!!!

Where do you see this?

<insert signature here>

joshoolhorst
09-13-2016, 08:14 PM
I thought they wanted to give the movie more marketing and take a step back... Guess not

DarkApprent2012
09-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Like me and HDinHB said a few weeks ago, if this collection doesn't have the memory replay for ACII then we'll not buy it even though it looks better than expected and of course its Virtuos Studios the same company that remastered the Batman Arkham games.

ERICATHERINE
09-13-2016, 09:12 PM
I just hope one thing about the collection.

That ubisoft will FINNALY kill those games bug.

I mostly want it because of THAT bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOY70NVMkRM

I so much want to know if Desmond can say anything else to Lucy after that cutscene. ^-^

DarkApprent2012
09-13-2016, 09:53 PM
Well until we can ask questions and get them answered we don't really know anything, i do know this though, take the trailer that you saw with a grain of salt because i think that this is not the final product yet, remember there is 2 months left so they still have time to polish everything. The company that has "remastered" this game even had to delay the release of the arkham games because the graphics and other things weren't ready like they thought it be. So like i said take this trailer with a grain of salt.

ze_topazio
09-13-2016, 10:37 PM
They just brightened the image, saturated the colors, toned down the color filters and used the PC textures, they couldn't even fix the god awful facial animations AC2 has, in fact with the better textures they look even worse.

It's true this trailer was a montage of cutscenes, I'm going to wait until we see actual gameplay to judge this, but, it looks like nothing more than a cheap port, they missed an opportunity here.

Fatal-Feit
09-13-2016, 11:51 PM
The PC version is still the definitive version of these games, it seems. 60fps and MP. At least they removed the excessive bloom effect and the new motion blur they added makes the environments look more pleasant when it's in motion.

The new half-baked lighting system is really disappointing. It completely destroys the atmosphere by making everything look so bright and saturated. It's exactly what I fear would happen to AC1 if they remaster it. The new textures on the characters are quite nice, but it's very inconsistent and looks out of place as well. The team behind the AC2 Overhaul Retexture Project did a better job of enhancing the graphics while staying true to the original design.

crusader_prophet
09-14-2016, 12:04 AM
Now I'm kinda glad they didn't touch AC1 after seeing the trailer

dimbismp
09-14-2016, 12:21 AM
It seems like a lazy port,but this trailer reminded me why i fell in love with the series.I may buy it sooner or later

BATISTABUS
09-14-2016, 12:28 AM
So...more stable FPS? Better draw distances? As much as I wish this was something more, I have felt a desire to replay these games again.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2016, 12:39 AM
So...more stable FPS? Better draw distances? As much as I wish this was something more, I have felt a desire to replay these games again.

The draw distance have been untouched, unfortunately.

http://i.imgur.com/ilJzpJo.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/yhwGSaH.jpg

ze_topazio
09-14-2016, 12:52 AM
Was a Collector's Edition really necessary?!

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33068-3695_0001.jpg

Notice how the picture of Rome in the background is a picture of modern Rome, even the cover art looks like a half assed job.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33065-3695_0001.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33066-3695_0001.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33066-3695_0002.jpg

LoyalACFan
09-14-2016, 12:55 AM
The level of effort put into the remaster is about what I expected (some people were being ridiculous, expecting Unity/Sydicate-level results) but the end product is... not that good. The textures look noticeably sharper, but the lighting... oof. It's obvious that they worked on it, but the end result is... not better. And the colors look really off, on Ezio's cape in particular. Like the reds are too dramatic. It just doesn't look that well-polished to me.

Basically the same complaint I had about Arkham Asylum Remastered, now that I think about it. The colors are too 'punchy' in the updated version, in what was supposed to be a rather muted and atmospheric game.

phoenix-force411
09-14-2016, 01:43 AM
Now, I can finally french kiss Ezio with that bust.

ShadoeKat
09-14-2016, 04:15 AM
Is North. America getting the collectors edition with the Ezio bust? It's not on Ubishop.

Master-Lasse
09-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Man, too many good games are coming out. This is getting ridiculous. I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creeds yet but always knew the second one was absolutely brilliant. Did not buy it on sale last week but this time around, with the remastered bundle, there's no way around. I am happy for this release.

kangarooyo
09-14-2016, 11:20 AM
No multiplayer, no buy from me.

X_xWolverinEx_X
09-14-2016, 12:02 PM
my **** is better than this crap they call a remaster ****ing hell it looks so bad and this is coming from someone who just got back into ac becuase of acs

Sorrosyss
09-14-2016, 12:58 PM
Eh, it was pretty much what got leaked then. Shame it's not to the same degree as other remasters. Not surprised to see the multiplayer gone, but would still have loved to play them again. Oh well.

I suppose in the end this was a quick and easy cash tie in to go with the movie's release. With the current Vivendi situation, I'm not surprised really.

pacmanate
09-14-2016, 01:14 PM
I guess Ubisofts version of "Enhanced" is no better draw distance, no new AA, same textures and just changing the lighting and saturation of colours.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2016, 01:36 PM
I guess Ubisofts version of "Enhanced" is no better draw distance, no new AA, same textures and just changing the lighting and saturation of colours.

The product as a whole is disappointing, but the AA has certainly gotten a bump with the resolution and the texture enhancement on some character models (like Rodrigo and Uberto) are definitely visible; just wish there was more of that.

So far we've only seen a preview of the graphical update. I'm hoping they fixed most of the bugs, such as the one in Brotherhood a few posts above.

ShadoeKat
09-14-2016, 02:39 PM
It is state that this is NOT the final product.

pacmanate
09-14-2016, 03:18 PM
It is state that this is NOT the final product.

That doesn't mean anything, its more of a safe guard.

I've been Alpha/Beta testing games for 2 years now and what you see graphically is basically what you get when a game releases the following year. Nothing will change. Game will go Gold in a month and be off to the factory.

Xstantin
09-14-2016, 03:32 PM
Too close to Dishonored 2 for me to play it straightaway :/

I like that the cover has Ac2 Ezio though

crusader_prophet
09-14-2016, 03:53 PM
Not surprised to see the multiplayer gone, but would still have loved to play them again. Oh well.

Bringing back the MP would have meant they had to ask the third party to tune the game with the servers, that was probably the cash ubi wasn't willing to pay. Also I'm not sure if the servers are still up for those old games.

kosmoscreed
09-14-2016, 03:55 PM
The Collector's Edition is so disappointing, the bust is ugly in my opinion. And why in November so close to WD2 and other AAA games?.

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2016, 04:47 PM
Who is this collection even for?
Ezio fanboys? Because that's all I can think of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-cFWYnqjL4

pacmanate
09-14-2016, 04:57 PM
Personally I thought this collection would be for:

1. Old fans of the series that want to revist the games in a remastered format
2. People that just love Ezio
3. New People for to the franchise.

Turns out number 1, 2 and 3 are void. AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR and AC3 are already on Playstation Now. The difference in this "Enhanced", not "Remastered" edition is minimal. So save some cash, use PS Now on your PS4 instead

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2016, 05:19 PM
Personally I thought this collection would be for:

1. Old fans of the series that want to revist the games in a remastered format
2. People that just love Ezio
3. New People for to the franchise.

Turns out number 1, 2 and 3 are void. AC1, AC2, ACB, ACR and AC3 are already on Playstation Now. The difference in this "Enhanced", not "Remastered" edition is minimal. So save some cash, use PS Now on your PS4 instead

Good point... PS Now slipped my mind...
Id still love to have proper PS4 versions of all 6 PS3 games

Ureh
09-14-2016, 05:48 PM
PS Now is a streaming service right?

What about those that don't have an internet connection (or a reliable one)?

p.s. does the service include all the dlc?

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2016, 05:55 PM

another good point.. i have the best internet available in my area and cant use PS Now

ShardofTruth
09-14-2016, 06:03 PM
Is there a list for the included DLC available anywhere? I think the big ones, Battle of Forlì, Bonfire of the Vanities, The Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive are practically a given. But what about the Copernicus Conspiracy for example, the PSP weapons and the bonus skin in ACII or some other unlocked stuff like the Project Legacy capes and the uplay rewards in general?

STDlyMcStudpants
09-14-2016, 06:08 PM
Is there a list for the included DLC available anywhere? I think the big ones, Battle of Forlì, Bonfire of the Vanities, The Da Vinci Disappearance and The Lost Archive are practically a given. But what about the Copernicus Conspiracy for example, the PSP weapons and the bonus skin in ACII or some other unlocked stuff like the Project Legacy capes and the uplay rewards in general?

I think its safe to say all uplay rewards will be the same.. and all but MP dlc will be included...

ERICATHERINE
09-14-2016, 07:17 PM
I think its safe to say all uplay rewards will be the same.. and all but MP dlc will be included...

Maybe, but with the newest games, there is no more uplay. It's now the ubisoft club which, so far, have way more reward than the uplay had, in general. ^-^

Do anyone know if ac ascendance will also be included? ^-^

DarkApprent2012
09-14-2016, 07:24 PM
According to UbiSoft Lineage and Embers will be the only 2 movies because they explain how and why Ezio was destined to become an assassins and how his life ended. All the DLC might be in but i don't think that the 2 capes you got from project legacy in Brotherhood counts because they were rewards. Like i thought it's also looking bad for us that wants to have memeory replay in ACII. I wish that we could be able to have a Q & A with UbiSoft about it already so we could get some answers.

cawatrooper9
09-14-2016, 07:27 PM
Huh, I thought I had read that we're getting Ascendance and Embers, but not Lineage. Did they change that?

DarkApprent2012
09-14-2016, 08:41 PM
When i am reading here blog.ubi.com it says Lineage and Embers.

pacmanate
09-14-2016, 08:42 PM

Fair enough. And TBF apart from the Da Vinci Disappearance all the other DLC is dire.

SixKeys
09-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Copernicus DLC is confirmed by Escoblades.

Literally the only thing that looks updated to me is Uberto's face, lmao. And it's so noticeable it looks incredibly out of place. His face is super detailed with pores and everything, but his clothes have the same old flat textures.

No word yet on whether AC2 memories are replayable either (probably not). I'm happy to stick with my PC versions.

DarkApprent2012
09-14-2016, 09:08 PM
Escoblades? I thought that he wasn't here anymore. Man, what do we have to do that really want the memory replay for ACII i mean for goodness sake it's been 7 years now. You would think that they finally listened.

Fatal-Feit
09-14-2016, 09:31 PM
I quite like PS Now because I've been catching up on the Disgaea series through it (and thinking about enjoying Ni no Kuni), but that's a strategy game, so it works fine. I wouldn't recommend it at all for playing AC, because the input lag is incredibly bad and I've tested it on all of the AC games, using both WiFi and Ethernet. I have the fastest internet my provider can give, too. The graphics also take a pretty big hit and everything just looks like a non-stop last-gen pre-rendered cutscene. It does help to minimize the screen so the compression is less noticeable if you're using it on PC, but it's still jarring. The downgrade is not worth the value and I rather recommend this collection over it, to be honest.

Also, interestingly, my weak sauce GTX 750 Ti can run the entire trilogy in 4K DSR @30fps (my GTX 760 can also do 4K/60fps), which looks infinitely better than these remasters. Zero aliasing, incredibly sharp and detailed textures, and less jarring draw distance artifacts. I highly recommend people with low/mid-range PCs to stick with the PC versions and do that instead, unless you're like me and just want the Uplay points.

Will_Lucky
09-14-2016, 10:23 PM
I'll be getting it either way. My 360 can finally be retired now once and for all, and of course having it all on one disc is just a very nice upgrade for me.

I own the PC version, but it hasn't been entirely compatible except for Revelations on my end since I jumped to Windows 10, so that solution doesn't really work out for me.

DarkApprent2012
09-15-2016, 08:39 AM
This thread seems to be losing momentum due to The Ezio Collection finally being confirmed by UbiSoft but there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

cawatrooper9
09-15-2016, 02:38 PM
Pretty disappointed in the lack of multiplayer. I don't even usually play it, but it just seems like a sign that they're kind of phoning it in with this collection.
And I know some people said they didn't expect the MP, but the Master Chief collection had it, and it was fantastic (when it finally worked). Having access to every single map (DLC included) from all 4 games at the time was absolutely incredible.

This thread seems to be losing momentum due to The Ezio Collection finally being confirmed by UbiSoft but there are still a lot of unanswered questions.

There were literally pages on this thread yesterday...

DarkApprent2012
09-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Yeah there was, sorry about that. I am just wondering when UbiSoft will release more information about The Ezio Collection. I just want a few questions to be answered once and for all.

joelsantos24
09-15-2016, 03:11 PM

Opinions are by the dozen. In my humble opinion, the best one is AC2, but my absolute favourite is definitely AC1.

DarkApprent2012
09-15-2016, 03:57 PM
My favourite and first experience with The Assassin's Creed games was ACII so that is why i'm hoping that they have shown a little move for the game and have added replayable memories.

joelsantos24
09-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Was a Collector's Edition really necessary?!

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33068-3695_0001.jpg

Notice how the picture of Rome in the background is a picture of modern Rome, even the cover art looks like a half assed job.

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33065-3695_0001.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33066-3695_0001.jpg

http://images.gamersyde.com/image_assassins_s_creed_the_ezio_collection-33066-3695_0002.jpg
Dude, I don't think it's modern Rome in the background, I think it's Brotherhood's ancient Rome. I'm not actually sure, but it definitely looks like it, and it sure doesn't seem a "half-assed job". But seriously, it's an amazing artwork, I don't understand why there's so much criticism. I love the picture and I already have a super HD version as my wallpaper.

Furthermore, there's a collectors edition, simply because many players/fans are hardcore collectors of the series. I'm a hardcore fan of the series, myself, but I've never felt the need to go any further than the more humble special editions with the art books and steel cases. Plus, I can't spend all that much in games and related merchandise.

As for the quality of the game's visuals, I'd have been seriously (and sufficiently) happy if they hadn't retouched it all that much, even. We're talking of games I played on my PS3, a few years ago, for God's sakes. They've already got amazing visuals. I'm really happy, because I'm getting (a few of) my games back, so it's going to be an amazing Christmas. :cool:

dimbismp
09-15-2016, 05:24 PM
Dude, I don't think it's modern Rome in the background, I think it's Brotherhood's ancient Rome. I'm not actually sure, but it definitely looks like it, and it sure doesn't seem a "half-assed job". But seriously, it's an amazing artwork, I don't understand why there's so much criticism. I love the picture and I already have a super HD version as my wallpaper.

Furthermore, there's a collectors edition, simply because many players/fans are hardcore collectors of the series. I'm a hardcore fan of the series, myself, but I've never felt the need to go any further than the more humble special editions with the art books and steel cases. Plus, I can't spend all that much in games and related merchandise.

As for the quality of the game's visuals, I'd have been seriously (and sufficiently) happy if they hadn't retouched it all that much, even. We're talking of games I played on my PS3, a few years ago, for God's sakes. They've already got amazing visuals. I'm really happy, because I'm getting (a few of) my games back, so it's going to be an amazing Christmas. :cool:

It's a nice artwork indeed,but i think that this is modern Rome.That huge monument in the bottom left area didn't exist during the Brotherhood years(i think).