PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed: Syndicate Gang War Gangleader Fights

DarkApprent2012
08-17-2016, 09:36 PM
Hey everybody. i am still here.

One thing that i really would like is to be able to fight the gang wars and the gangleaders again i mean they are templars after all. We can replay the missions leading up to it but we can't fight the gang wars again. So if it is possible i would really like to request that for a future patch.

P.S Don't bash on me again, it's enough that you bashed on me when i wanted a patch for Assassins Creed II to be able to replay the dna sequences there and by the way i still want that and will continue to fight for it. I am a fan and a member here and just like you i have the right to write here.

cawatrooper9
08-18-2016, 02:17 PM
I'd be all for that, I enjoyed the gang wars. I don't know if we'll see any significant patches in Syndicate like this at this point, but it's a lot more likely than an overhaul for ACII.

And I really don't remember anyone bashing on you- if someone disagrees with you, try not to take it too personally.
But yeah, welcome back! :D

DarkApprent2012
08-18-2016, 02:25 PM
Well i felt like i was getting bashed more than getting support.

Yeah the gang wars was awesome, i accidently killed one of the gangleaders before the gangwar so i missed the special intro/fight that you have but thats not the whole reason why i want this though, i would just like to see hoe much easier it would be when you are fully upgraded and leveled to fight them again. Hopefuly other people would agree with me.

cawatrooper9
08-18-2016, 03:03 PM
It's actually kind of embarassing easy, to be honest. I put a lot of them off until basically the last thing I did in the game on one of my playthroughs, and they were massacres.

Again, no need to hope people agree with you, though. These are forums, the entire point is discussion. As long as it's civil, it'll probably be productive (or at least interesting). :p

DarkApprent2012
08-18-2016, 09:52 PM
Haha but still i would like that and of course the whole: "You work for us now!" speech is something i would like to hear again also.

Ureh
08-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Yeah it'd be a nice extra to have! On my first playthrough I killed 3 leaders before initiating the gang war, now I'm on my 3rd run and I'm curious to see what happens if we let them escape first.

cawatrooper9
08-19-2016, 02:23 PM
I actually really liked that the leaders would make an appearance before the gang war- kind of gave them a little character and made the game world itself seem a little more alive.

I just wish they were a little harder to kill in their original appearance. Too often I found myself purposefully letting them get away, just so I could fight them later.

phoenix-force411
08-19-2016, 03:53 PM
I just want them to fix the ziplining mechanics and the zipline animations. I hardly play Syndicate, because ziplining is horrible in the state that it is in. I play Syndicate mainly unpatched.

DarkApprent2012
08-19-2016, 06:30 PM
Please don't stray from the topic guys. Let's try to show UbiSoft that we really want this.

HDinHB
08-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Making more parts of the games replayable makes sense, especially since the lack of save slots now makes starting a new game an unnecessary pain for things like this.

DarkApprent2012
08-20-2016, 02:18 PM
Yeah i know what you mean. I am really dissapointed that i accidently killed one of the gangleaders before the gangwar and i really don't want to replay the whole game again for just that reason. I accidently deleted the other post that i wrote here before, it has happened to me before. To get back on track, i really loved the gangwars and i really hope that they will add this to a future patch so that we can replay them as much as we want and to battle the gangleaders as many time as we want to. Lets show them how much we want this guys!

pacmanate
08-20-2016, 11:55 PM
Gang wars sucked so bad. I hated them.

Something that was supposed to be a new fun feature could be over in less than 10 seconds if the leader was already dead.

DarkApprent2012
08-21-2016, 08:50 AM
Well everybody has a right to an opinion. Yeah but they lasted longer if the leader wasn't dead and some of us want the gangwars replayable just for that reason or other reasons.

pacmanate
08-21-2016, 12:24 PM
You can have them back if you want.

Since Far Cry 4 had the option to reset outposts so you can retake them, I've wanted that in AC, where you can retake districts again. I don't know why Far Cry 4 and Far Cry Primal have this reset feature but AC doesn't

DarkApprent2012
08-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Well but that kind of feature is harder to add more than just making the gangleaders and gangwars replayable i think.

pacmanate
08-22-2016, 12:01 AM
It would be the same concept? Resetting all districts = Resetting outposts. Althought the outpost is just one thing, the activities can be replayable anytime through the Helix menu, all you would have to do is make them appear on the main map again.

D.I.D.
08-22-2016, 03:40 AM
I don't disagree, but for me the actual boss fight was a bit of an anticlimax. It was easy to win, and in a curious way I saw it as a fail state. If I was fighting a boss in the gang war, that meant I had failed to kill her/him on my way to that fight.

I absolutely loved the seemingly random event (they weren't totally random, although it can be very different from play to play, but they certainly did a good job of fooling you the first time!) of a boss's sudden appearance, and having that moment of panic where you have to chase them down and evade a throng of their cronies. We're used to having characters be our prey, but usually we have all the time in the world to plan our approach. This meant some real predator action. I'm certain this was born from the team wondering how they could get something along the lines of Shadow Of Mordor's nemesis system into AC, and they did it by creating something genuinely fresh instead.

It didn't always work out as well as on my first run-through. I've played Syndicate end to end and easily taken down every boss early without a problem, and other times it's been a mixture of easy ones, farcical errors, and some genuinely dramatic takedowns. There was one in particular when I'd just completed the Child Liberation mission, and the boss appeared. His lackeys blocked the narrow exit, and he ran away laughing to the left. I couldn't afford to get caught by the gangsters for even a second or he'd get away, so I threw down my only smoke bomb. Around the corner, although it was a wide dirt road sloping down to the boss's waiting carriage, there were lots more foot soldiers. I dodged a couple but accidentally fell to combat and couldn't extricate myself. He was going to get away, so I save-scummed it (or checkpoint-scummed it, anyway!). I restarted from the last checkpoint and ran it again.

This time, I didn't chase him directly. I used smoke to get past the first team as before, and then instead of chasing him left down the road, I ran straight forwards and up and over a 7ft wall that ran all the way down the road towards the carriage. I kept running behind that wall, hearing him scream to his people to stop me, and I could tell by the sound of his cries that I was closing on him. When his voice was loud enough for me to know that we were close enough for me to do it, I ran up onto the wall and dove into him with the assassination.

There have been other moments like this, but that was my first big event like that in Syndicate, and thus my favourite. So, when I want to do the gang stuff again, it's time for me to restart the entire game (NB - I'm on PC so I can, don't know if that's possible on console in the same way) because I want to do all of it. Liberating the city first means doing it without most of your skills (or all of them, if you so choose). I love all the mission types involved in winning each borough, and those early boss events are the icing on the cake.

DarkApprent2012
08-22-2016, 09:53 AM
Yeah those moments where the gangleaders appear for the first time and start to mouth off are cool but i personally like the gangwars best and fighting the gangleaders one on one and i also like the cutscene in the carriage before the wars also. I cleared all the boroughs with Jacob, who did you do it with?

D.I.D.
08-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Evie. I played as Evie every moment that the game allowed me to do it.

I hope they expand on the early appearance of enemies in the next game and find ways to engineer really tough defences for the bosses in these early encounters. The clever thing about Syndicate's first look at this is that the designers realised that making the enemies physically tough wasn't an option, and they made the important thing about time. If those enemies could get you into combat and distract you for too long, you'd lose your target. I think that's perfect, and that's what they need to build on.

Give us a crowded street of market stalls, a scattering of shoppers and enemies in the way. The inventive assassin would jump up onto the roofs of the stalls and hop from stall to stall to reach the target. Maybe a large building that's under construction: the direct line has too much opposition in enemy numbers, but if the assassin drops through a gap in the floor then he/she can run under the floor and back up to cut down on the chase time. With enough potential built in for the situation to change (your target gets to their horse, but you're close enough to be able to give chase on horseback too, and if the target abandons or loses their horse then you're back to a running chase, for example) these could be the best moments in the game.

DarkApprent2012
08-22-2016, 05:45 PM
Nice suggestions all of them but let's try to make this happen.

cawatrooper9
08-22-2016, 10:20 PM
I absolutely loved the seemingly random event (they weren't totally random, although it can be very different from play to play, but they certainly did a good job of fooling you the first time!) of a boss's sudden appearance, and having that moment of panic where you have to chase them down and evade a throng of their cronies. We're used to having characters be our prey, but usually we have all the time in the world to plan our approach. This meant some real predator action. I'm certain this was born from the team wondering how they could get something along the lines of Shadow Of Mordor's nemesis system into AC, and they did it by creating something genuinely fresh instead.

Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I wouldn't have minded a more fleshed out nemesis-style mechanic, but I just don't know how that would work in AC. If your targets keep escaping, it doesn't really imply that you're all that effective of an Assassin, does it?

D.I.D.
08-22-2016, 10:29 PM
Agreed, I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I wouldn't have minded a more fleshed out nemesis-style mechanic, but I just don't know how that would work in AC. If your targets keep escaping, it doesn't really imply that you're all that effective of an Assassin, does it?

Yeah, it can't. It works for a game when you're undead and keep returning from beyond the grave, but the Mordor nemesis system could never work with AC where your failures never really happened.

DarkApprent2012
08-26-2016, 07:24 PM
Come on guys lets try our best to get this patch.

D.I.D.
08-27-2016, 01:11 AM
Come on guys lets try our best to get this patch.

I think you're the only person who wants it. Patching seems to be over for Syndicate now, as it usually is this far after release.

I don't really see the point of putting the gang boss fights back in. They're very easy and there's no satisfaction in them at all except for the fact of winning the borough afterwards. The only reason to relish the fight beforehand is if you met the gang boss earlier and he/she got away. Having them as an isolated replayable event doesn't hold much appeal.

DarkApprent2012
08-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Well i don't think that i am the only one, what i can say and think is that everyone else doesn't believe that this is achievable but i can tell you that it might be more achievable than the other thing i was fighting for and am still fighting for: a patch that adds the feature to replay memories on ACII on the PS3.

D.I.D.
08-28-2016, 01:34 AM
Well i don't think that i am the only one, what i can say and think is that everyone else doesn't believe that this is achievable but i can tell you that it might be more achievable than the other thing i was fighting for and am still fighting for: a patch that adds the feature to replay memories on ACII on the PS3.

Okay. I mean that you seem to be the only person here who wants it, and what this forum asks for is rarely influential on the game. We're a tiny clique of about, what, 25 users at a guess? And petitions don't work either. What we say might occasionally be useful when we make suggestions way ahead of a release, but most of the time we're asking for things far too late.

Ultimately, whatever they're doing to the Ezio trilogy is already worked out. If your desire for replayable memories is there (and there's a good chance it is - the PC version has this, I think?), then it's in by coincidence.

Locopells
08-28-2016, 10:24 AM
If your desire for replayable memories is there (and there's a good chance it is - the PC version has this, I think?)

Nope it doesn't, not unless you mess with the save files.

D.I.D.
08-28-2016, 09:00 PM
Nope it doesn't, not unless you mess with the save files.

Ah, thanks. I haven't played it for years!

DarkApprent2012
08-30-2016, 10:06 AM
No versions of ACII has the replay memory feature and besides discussing that is not what we are doing here.

cawatrooper9
08-30-2016, 03:25 PM
No versions of ACII has the replay memory feature and besides discussing that is not what we are doing here.

Beside the fact that you're the one that brought ACII up, I think that it is actually pretty relevant. ACII, if the rumors are true, is likely to get a release in the Ezio collection. It's far more likely Ubisoft is going to respond to fan feedback for a game in production than to make a significant patch for a game that's been out for a year.

I mean, I appreciate your attempt to "fight the good fight", but as D.I.D. said, you're kind of preaching to the choir here. No one is opposed to what you're saying but even if the game developers did see this thread, they're far more likely to take it into consideration for future games than to go backward and fulfill your requests on their older ones.

DarkApprent2012
08-30-2016, 09:50 PM
Oh yeah i did bring that up, whoops i apologize. Well i am going to keep fighting the good fight because i love these games and this feature according to me is the only thing missing in Syndicate, everything else is just great.