PDA

View Full Version : Alpha on September 15th

Sir_Beefing
08-17-2016, 11:35 AM
So do people think that we will have access to all the heroes in the next alpha?

Nico9k
08-17-2016, 11:57 AM
I hope so, but I doubt it as all the new game play footage from Gamescon (so far) has been of the same 6 characters, makes me think we would have to wait a while.

Though I'm hoping they were just showing the console versions on the floor and the PC Alpha will get all the latest goodies (fingers crossed).

ShuyinVardiz
08-17-2016, 12:10 PM
I guess they'll either add at least one new class for each faction to balance test them like before, or they might even
restrict classes to the six ones that havent been playable before to force everyone to use and feedback for them.

yote224
08-17-2016, 12:14 PM
I'm pretty certain that before the game is release they'll be playable. It would be silly to throw in new characters to the final product without having them balanced/tested.
Whether or not it's this upcoming test in September? No clue.

Fatal-Feit
08-17-2016, 12:21 PM
Honestly, I don't think we'll get anything new that we haven't already explored in the PC Technical Test, besides some refinements. There's already a lot of content given to us for a game that's not even in its beta stages. A lot of betas and alphas I've tested for other games would give us about 2-3 maps and only a couple characters to try out at the most. And for the small group of fans who've been participating in the testing events, most of the maps and characters are old and we want more, but they're still pretty new for newcomers and console only gamers.

I'll be glad to be wrong, though.

DraxeI
08-17-2016, 03:24 PM
Honestly, I don't think we'll get anything new that we haven't already explored in the PC Technical Test, besides some refinements. There's already a lot of content given to us for a game that's not even in its beta stages. A lot of betas and alphas I've tested for other games would give us about 2-3 maps and only a couple characters to try out at the most. And for the small group of fans who've been participating in the testing events, most of the maps and characters are old and we want more, but they're still pretty new for newcomers and console only gamers.

I'll be glad to be wrong, though.

Don't you think we'll get to test the remaining classes?

coma987
08-17-2016, 03:25 PM
Don't you think we'll get to test the remaining classes?

I have said something to Fatal in private messages, but think back before the test was launched on the closed forums.

Patient_Fodder
08-17-2016, 05:21 PM
Well I was close .....

Alfa around half September is my best bet (let's say the 19th).
Dec/Jan (starting just before Christmas and ending just after New Year, let's say 15th Dec) Closed and (starting Ded 27th) Open Beta.

Any reaction on the game modes (edit, final release game modes)?

Dominion will be my place mostly I am sure.

Dominion is a 4v4 objective-based mode in which two teams of four players fight for control of the battlefield. It’s a mode that relies upon skill, communication and teamwork.

Brawl 2v2: Each team of two players need to kill the two enemy Heroes to win a round. Skill, awareness, cooperation and the capacity to use the environment to the player’s advantage are key components.

Duel 1v1 puts two Heroes face-to-face in a fight to the death. Skill is fundamental in Duel of course, but as in Brawl, players have the possibility to use the environment to their advantage.

Skirmish is a 4v4 Team Death Match like mode. Combat skills are key in this mode as players score points for their team by killing enemy Heroes.

Elimination In this 4v4 mode, the last surviving player on the battlefield wins the round for their team.

VodkaSlam
08-17-2016, 06:05 PM
I would think because we have played the Tech Test already they will have us play as the other 6 characters instead. Maybe even all 12 of them.

But i would like to see the Splitscreen feature in effect also to see if it works, but i dont think they will since its closed.

But i am looking forward into creating more bloodshed once more. I just which they added a bigger mode then Dominion with a lot more Soldiers. Maybe just a mode called Blood Rush or something an it be based off Moral. So theres constant fighting. But who knows, we will have to wait and see.

Patient_Fodder
08-17-2016, 06:09 PM
But i am looking forward into creating more bloodshed once more. I just which they added a bigger mode then Dominion with a lot more Soldiers. Maybe just a mode called Blood Rush or something an it be based off Moral. So theres constant fighting. But who knows, we will have to wait and see.

I better create a seperate thread and not hijack this thread.

MathiasCB
08-17-2016, 06:12 PM
One month to go...
Lucky me though... Once again I've got Little to no work during that time.

MisterWillow
08-17-2016, 06:25 PM
I would think because we have played the Tech Test already they will have us play as the other 6 characters instead. Maybe even all 12 of them.

This.

For one, the stated Alpha is a month out. That's plenty of time, I think, to put the other heroes in there.

For another, they need all the characters in the game so that they can start proper balance testing.

Willaguy2010
08-17-2016, 07:10 PM
This.

For one, the stated Alpha is a month out. That's plenty of time, I think, to put the other heroes in there.

For another, they need all the characters in the game so that they can start proper balance testing.

Don't be ridiculous! The next Alpha will be only Orochi's, at least it will be that way even if there are other classes to choose from.

handheld brando
08-17-2016, 07:31 PM
I hope so, but I doubt it as all the new game play footage from Gamescon (so far) has been of the same 6 characters, makes me think we would have to wait a while.

Though I'm hoping they were just showing the console versions on the floor and the PC Alpha will get all the latest goodies (fingers crossed).

Most of the gameplay was from the current alpha build they had I assume. So a month from now we may see something different.

MisterWillow
08-17-2016, 07:36 PM
Don't be ridiculous! The next Alpha will be only Orochi's, at least it will be that way even if there are other classes to choose from.

http://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/nooooooo_elf.gif

DraxeI
08-17-2016, 08:31 PM
"We found out that the only way to balance to Orochi was to cut out the other classes. Let us know what you think!"

Kherix
08-17-2016, 10:15 PM
Are there any restrictions about country taking part in incoming alpha ?

MathiasCB
08-17-2016, 10:22 PM
"We found out that the only way to balance to Orochi was to cut out the other classes. Let us know what you think!"

It's like you took that sentence straight out of a nightmare...

yote224
08-17-2016, 10:28 PM

I suggested doing the opposite and removing him so people will focus on the other characters.

zEzioVz
08-17-2016, 10:41 PM
Console? Any chance? :confused:

Deadshot.
08-18-2016, 06:57 PM
I'd be interested to know whether the Alpha will include us console players as well.
I don't really bother with computers except for work.

cawatrooper9
08-18-2016, 07:42 PM
Okay, I have a potentially dumb question. I've registered with my Ubisoft account. Does that mean I'll have access to the Alpha, then?

r0cktheh0u5e
08-19-2016, 12:33 AM
Hi everyone,

Can someone please confirm for me whether it is possible to register for the alpha for a specific platform? Because i remember registering for the beta a long time ago and i chose to register for PS4 at the time since i had a very old Laptop still. I recently bought a new and very powerful Alienware Laptop and i would love to play For Honor on it, but i don't know whether my registration will indicate that i can play on both PC and PS4. I don't want to be disregarded if this alpha is PC only and my old registration only shows PS4. My friend tried to register for the alpha recently and it doesn't even ask which platform they prefer, so does that mean that this alpha isn't platform-specific????

Someone please respond!

Zombie_Sl4yer
08-19-2016, 12:41 AM
So do people think that we will have access to all the heroes in the next alpha?

My guess is that they'll have 1 hero per faction in the alpha just to test it out the beta will have 2 heroes per faction. How many heroes are supposed to be in each faction when the full game releases?

iHunny
08-19-2016, 12:51 AM
I just hope I will be invitet and my opinions help any.

iHunny
08-19-2016, 12:55 AM
My guess is that they'll have 1 hero per faction in the alpha just to test it out the beta will have 2 heroes per faction. How many heroes are supposed to be in each faction when the full game releases?

Seems like it will be 4 for each faction.

ThLastActi0nHer0
08-19-2016, 01:32 AM
who do i have to sacrifice to get my hands on the alpha? i have a video game b0ner at 108% and i just want a little taste of the action also how in depth do you guys think the customization be (as far as faces, colors and weapons)

also x2 a blood lust mode sounds cool reminds of dynasty warriors tho

tinyj1974
08-19-2016, 01:33 AM
Ubisoft sent an invitation email to my xbone account I have preordered already though

Willaguy2010
08-19-2016, 01:39 AM
Ubisoft sent an invitation email to my xbone account I have preordered already though

Invitation? To what?

Twinmage
08-19-2016, 03:31 AM
[QUOTE=Sir_Beefing;11895986]So do people think that we will have access to all the heroes in the next alpha?[/QUOT

Dont know i hope i get in i really want play this game he sold me when first speak about this game so i am rdy